Dumbest Fight You Ever Had With Significant Other

Options

Replies

• Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    me and my bf NEVER fight
    but we recently had a stupid fight when we were drinking about my MFP photo being innapropriate.
    he apoligized the next day for overreacting and said i look great :D
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    We argued over a lunchable. I wanted a piece of ham and he wouldn't share.
    We also fought because we were playing soccer and I kick his soccer ball when he wanted to.:laugh:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Anyone else get into arguments during some sort of DIY project?

My boyfriend is pretty useless at this sort of thing but is too manly to admit it so he just gets angry and says the whatever it is he's building isn't made right. He never looks at the instructions which doesn't help and lacks common sense when he gets annoyed.

I'm calmer with these things (and quite enjoy building something flat-pack, it's quite sad), so I think it frustrates him even more when I tell him to get out of the way and I do it properly.

My boyfriend does this too. He's NOT the manly-man archetype, and has no experience with tools, building or anything. I, however, have been working in my grandfather's carpentry shop since I was 4 or 5 and know my way around some tools. Any time we buy something from Ikea and have to put it together, it starts with him trying to do it all and ends with me doing it in under half the time while he watches. But he gets SOOOOOO mad when I try to just do it myself - I'm sorry but if he did it it would never get done or turn out all wrong!!
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My SO says grandma and I should not shoot up heroine in the kiddie pool full of chocolate pudding during Wheel of Fortune. I'm like, mind your own bizniss byatch!
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Haha we have a coffee table in the living room I'm surprised is still standing because I left him alone to build it. It took him 2 days... 2 DAYS!!!
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    One of the many dumbest fight we had is we fought over the volume on the TV in our bedroom.

Usually whoever gets in bed first has control of the remote control therby the power over the TV. My hubby likes the volume on 7 which I was ok with. So whenever I have control I put it on the volume also on 7 but get this, when I have control he always says its too LOUD wtf. So him and I argued over this for 2 nights till we came to an agreement that after 10 pm the volume has to be lowered to 3 OR 4 regardless of who has control over the TV

Ironically this helped with making sure we fell asleep by 10:30pm cuz noone can hear anything.:laugh:
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    We have regular arguments over who is better:

Iron Man vs Captain American
    Iron Man vs Batman

My partner really likes Iron Man :laugh:

LOL AWESOME FIGHT TO HAVE!!! Wonder Woman is best in my book.. I dig Iron Man too

We have it any time we watch any movie with any of those characters in or if I'm reading a comic with those characters, and we have the same fight every time!

my boyfriend doesn't read comics like I do so I am in awe of a fight over such things :flowerforyou:

See my boyfriend only really read Marvel stuff so when it comes to the Batman fight he hasn't got a leg to stand on because I read both. He takes a lot of his knowledge from cartoons too :laugh:

My boyfriend get 100% of his knowledge from movies and comics so he doesn't bother to start a fight.. I love Marvel & DC too and sometimes a Dark Horse comic every once and awhile . Have my 1st Saturday off in months and I planning a trip to my local Comic Shop..giddy with excitement!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My SO says grandma and I should not shoot up heroine in the kiddie pool full of chocolate pudding during Wheel of Fortune. I'm like, mind your own bizniss byatch!

BAM- I :heart: your crazy sense of humor
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Acorn squash. I had made some as part of our dinner just after I had moved in with my DH and he refused to eat it. I freaked on him saying "all you will eat is cubed and frozen! " referring to the usual frozen mixed veg we usually had. It was a fight that was really about how I had done all the changes in my life, moving hours away from my friends and family to be with him, and he couldn't even eat something different. We still call that the cubed and frozen fight.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Our most common fight goes something like this

*me really tired*

Him: Babe, what's wrong?
    Me: Nothing. I'm just tired.
    Him: NO, you're NOT just tired! You sighed. That means something is wrong.
    Me: SERIOUSLY! Nothing is wrong! I didn't sigh! I'm just tired!
    Him: You DID sigh! Why won't you tell me what's wrong?!
    Me: OMG! You are so annoying! NOTHING IS WRONG!

*Complete Blowout*

this, we do this at least once a week.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Apparently I was wrong to start renovating the bathroom on a whim one day while he was at work without ever discussing it first. Come on, why would you be mad if you came home to find your girl standing on the bathroom counter surrounded be a pile of ripped wallpaper?:laugh:

Yes, in hindsight I admit we should have discussed it first. That bathroom took 2 weeks to tile and paint and replace the shower, because one thing snowballed into another and another and a simple "peel paper and paint" turned into over a thousand dollars of full renovation...oops...lol
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Our most common fight goes something like this

*me really tired*

Him: Babe, what's wrong?
    Me: Nothing. I'm just tired.
    Him: NO, you're NOT just tired! You sighed. That means something is wrong.
    Me: SERIOUSLY! Nothing is wrong! I didn't sigh! I'm just tired!
    Him: You DID sigh! Why won't you tell me what's wrong?!
    Me: OMG! You are so annoying! NOTHING IS WRONG!

*Complete Blowout*

I can't even tell you how many times I've had this argument. And I'm not the type of person to hold back if something IS wrong. So annoying.

I love this topic because I argue for sport. I will argue with anyone, anytime. One of the best was when my ex brought me coffee but it had sugar in it.. I wasn't ungrateful for his sweetness, I was just really disappointed that stupid Dunkin Donuts ruined his sweet gesture by putting sugar in my coffee, making it undrinkable. He didn't talk to me for the rest of the night.

The same ex & I worked together and used to get into huge fights over work issues all the time. I'd get frustrated because he was wrong, he'd get mad and say I was being condescending, and I'd eventually hang up on him [loudly]. Those usually turned into really good days after work, though... :wink:

I've gotten in huge yelling fights over what music should be playing in the car. I'm a huge snob about it and can't stand to listen to crappy music-- like techno, which an ex tried to force on me during a roadtrip. Pretty sure he regretted that decision.
  • lolcatftw
    lolcatftw Posts: 36
    Options
    We're both scientists. You think lawyers can argue? Yesterday we argued about antibody-mediated response to core proteins vs spike proteins of enveloped viruses. At least we're on the same page on viruses vs virii, or that'd be another argument. We also argued about enveloped virus adsorption, ratio and significance of reverse transciptase enzyme in relation to its transcript, whether or not *all* viruses can enter that lytic cycle as well as the lysogenic cycle. To be fair, the adsorption argument was more of a discussion than an argument. This wall all within the span of a half hour. We argued about oncogenes vs proto-oncogenes the day before, chromatin staining before that, etc.

One thing we rarely argue about. Cooking. We cook all our meals--together or seperately, and we're both pretty damn good at it. Dishes on the other hand...
  • runwithitwerewinning
    runwithitwerewinning Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For the first year of our marriage, my wife and I lived on different continents. So, most of our relationship was based on skype and telephone. One day a co-worker who practices santeria cryptically told her that her husband is "having adventures with a black woman." I started laughing when she told me this, she was mad and started asking what he means by this and what he is talking about. evidently she didn't accept my answer of "he's either crazy or trying to get into your pants.
    funny thing is a) she doesn't believe in Santeria and b) she's normally one of the least jealous women I've ever met
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    One time I took DH through the drive thru at Dairy Queen and told him I would just share wit him and he said I should get my own because he didn't want to share and I said, just get one big enough to share and he still said no, so I ordered my own but they didn't have what I wanted so I didn't get anything and he still didn't give me a bite!
    makes me mad, just remembering that, so...
    also, he likes crest and I like aquafresh and he always remembers to alternate, and it takes, like 6 months to get through the tube. I cannot believe he has not recognized the superiority of Aquafresh...
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Our dumbest (that comes to mind), my husband picked up take out and brought it home (I was pregnant at the time). I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm not a big meat eater.. never have been. He gets home with the food and we spread it out. I see all the veggie options and pull them in front of me and he stops me "those are mine.. here's your food" I take a look and noticed everything is stuff with with pork, chicken or some gross looking shredded steak. I then asked him why he got me the meat stuffed options, when this is what he ususally eats and I always go for the veggie options. He looked at me clueless and I proceeded to desovle into tears over our take out. Fun times! To this day, he looks scared when passing me anything with meat in it.
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    -Our most frequent "fight" is over who has to get up and turn the light off when we are going to sleep.
    -We had a huge blow up because he couldn't get the new track on the kitchen drawer to screw in right, and apparently it was my fault because I wanted the new track. SO SUE ME IF I DON'T WANT THE DRAWER FALLING OUT ON ME!
    -We had a little argument yesterday because he wanted to hug me and I really had to pee.
    -Me-"It's gar-ahge" Him-"I say it gar-adge!" Me-"Why do you suck so much at talking!?" We also constantly argue about things that are real words and things that are not and the correct definition.
    -He's totally fine with leaving the wipers mid way up when you shut off the car and I am not!
    -I've said this to him more than once. "If you don't stop telling me how to drive I am going to pull over and make you drive and then tell you how to drive!" He replies "You scare me sometimes when you drive!" Me-"I've never been in an accident calm down you baby."
    -He is constantly accusing me of sneaking healthy things into his food. Just cuz a girl does something like put shredded zucchini in your brownies or shredded carrots in meatballs or greek yogurt instead of lots of other stuff on a pretty regular basis! And I constantly argue that he can't taste the difference until I tell him whats in it and "it's all in his head" and he's all "I'm just being nice!" by not telling me he doesn't like it as much.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I've read in other posts that when fighting to just start taking your clothes off. My fiancé and I get into lots of silly little riffs, and I have seriously starting doing this. He can't stay mad and he just laughs asking what I'm doing, and bam! Fight is over.
    If my clothes come off when we are fighting its because I am throwing my shoes at him.
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I've read in other posts that when fighting to just start taking your clothes off. My fiancé and I get into lots of silly little riffs, and I have seriously starting doing this. He can't stay mad and he just laughs asking what I'm doing, and bam! Fight is over.

I LOVE this ...

Just before we got married, we attanded Marriage Classes at our church and the Priest suggested that if we were going to argue then we should hold hands and face each other whilst we do.... I think I'll tell him of this technique ...LOL xx:heart:
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ROTFL x So funny :laugh: