WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2012

Options

Replies

• Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's Thursday (which is my Friday since I'm taking tomorrow off work:bigsmile: )

Jen- I'm in Colorado (which is next to Mary's Kansas) in the Denver area at the base of the Rocky Mountains where we are a Mile High. So sorry about your credit card:grumble: several months ago my hubby got a call from our major card company that we use asking if we had charged $411.00 at a fast food place in Louisana:huh: since we have never been there they took the charge off....but WHO charges that much for fast food???:wink:

Kat- I'm sure you will be fine without your scale (says the woman that has a scale at work and gets on her's several times a day:wink: ) Enjoy your trip:flowerforyou: So what did you think of Survivor last night? It ought to be an interesting finale on Sunday night, all those women and many of them thinking they are running the game, when it's only Kim that is running the whole show:love:

Amanada- you are one AMAZING WOMAN:flowerforyou: Three hours, and that folks is why she has been a success story here at MFP:flowerforyou: Great read...pulling out the blue placemats and table cloth to eat less ought to be interesting:wink: too bad about the low lighting...I do so love a romantic dinner by candle light:love:

Cath- sorry you missed your lunch, but glad you made it though on what little you did have:drinker:

Jen- sorry you didn't get that bike ride, but a walk at lunch sounds like a good subsitute for the day:drinker:

Michele- There is nothing wrong with going to France with a full suitcase and emptying half of it for your son...then let the shopping begin:wink: Your trip sounds wonderful. When #2 Son & DIL were with NATO in Belgium (2006) we were able to go over and visit having their place as a hotel and them as our personal tour guides was wonderful. We didn't get to Paris, even though we had planned to, because they were having riots at the time:grumble: instead we went to Salzburg Austria over their 4 day weekend for Easter...it was wonderful:love:

Lynn0713-:flowerforyou: hoping that weigh in is all you are hoping for.

Barbie- I'm sure it's your good manners that are always at the forefront that kept your tongue quite to the poor comment:wink:

fitz1191- making good choices when working late is a success story in it's self:drinker: congrats.

Viv- sorry those fish & chips got to you:embarassed: but a new day is around the corner with fresh starts available.:smile:

Kathy- Yeah you for the loss:drinker: your Fit-traxx sounds interesting, do you think they patterned some of it after Curves? I've never been to Curves but I've heard it's stations and you work at each one for a set time and then everyone shifts.:huh:

jb 2011- Great quotes for inspiration:drinker:

Hubbys interviews went well, now we are on a wait and see if he makes it to the second round. Job hunting at our age is just so frustrating.

Last night I decided to increase my weight with my Kettlebell and my work out was more huffing & puffing...so I'm sure it was what I needed.

Since I am taking tomorrow off work (going to see #3 Son "walk" with his MBA class @ CU in Boulder) I have a lot to do to make my desk look acceptable to leave it for the weekend:blushing:

Have a great day all, drink plenty of water:drinker: get in some form of exercise, and don't forget to log your food. We are in this journey together and we can all succeed with each other's help.

Laura80111:smile:
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

:glasses: OH Barbie! You're a better woman than I am....I would have had a hard time keeping my big mouth shut, knowing me I would have made some sort of snide remark!!! Good for you for keeping it in!!!!

:bigsmile: LAURA!!! Survivor!!!!! What about Kat and her comment to the girls!!!!! Whoa did you catch that one!!!!! Im gonna have to DVR the Sunday finale because Im gonna be out of town so don't tell me who won!!!! I won't see it till the following friday or Sat the 18th!!!!!!! AND did you see one of the guys in the jury flipped Tarzan the bird!!!!! WOW that was one surprise after another!!!!!! Cant wait to see the finale show!!!!!!!!

:heart: Michelle I do Vinasa (sp?) yoga that flows one position into an other...by the way have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!!

Well busy day today so I better get to it!!!!

Have a great day ladies!!!!

Love
    Kat :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I've been an avid reader of this thread for six months or more, but I only post infrequently. I still work about 35 hours a week, and I don't ever seem to find the time to post responses to everyone as many people do here. Just want to say this is a geat group of women, and I get a huge boost of motivation from reading all your posts.

Recently, I saw a factoid in a post in the diabetic discussion group that I think is worth reposting here. The nutritionist for one of the diabetic group members/posters told her to be sure to eat 150 grams of carbs per day. The nutritionist said your BRAIN needs 130 grams of carbs each day to function properly! I've been on a low carb diet (because of prediabetes) for more than a year, I was eating as little as 75 carbs many days, and I recently concluded I needed to up my carbs somewhat as I was tired, cranky, and depressed. So for two or three weeks I've been eating my maintenance calories instead of trying to loose weight, and I've been eating about 150 carbs each day. The result is I feel about 1000% better.

Just wanted to pass that on in case anyone else here has been feeling bad on a low Carb diet.
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hello, Dear Ladies!!!

jb: LOVE your quotes! All of them are worth reading over and over. Thanks for sharing them with us:flowerforyou:

Kathy: Your workouts sound great and :flowerforyou: they sure are working for you. Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:

Laura: I am sending all good thoughts your way for a call back for your DH! It is a frustrating process. Good luck:flowerforyou:

Kat: My favorite yoga is Vinyassa (sp?) Flow also! My favorite instructor and class got eliminated from the schedule because of low class size (another reason I LIKED it) so I have been doing it at home, but it isn't the SAME:-( My class was 90 minutes and the time flew by, but doing it at home I never do 90 whole minutes:-( Enjoy yours:love:

DH had a good visit yesterday with his surgeon and is doing fine. His rupture and disc removed was very large so the surgeon was not surprised that he was still sore and still in a bit of pain. We ARE driving up to a wedding tomorrow for the weekend so hope that amount of time (3 hours) will be ok for him. I think it will be good to get away from the house and be around some friends. He has been a bit "down" after his accident. I could use a bit of away time too:flowerforyou:

Hope to have access to computer but may not. Have a good weekend everyone:heart: Kackie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Lynn - good luck to you on your weigh in

Did 45 min of ASAP fitness (weights) today. Tomorrow...water aerobics

Well, it's looking like I'm not going to get to France and Italy. Vince hurt his back yesterday and this morning he said that he was 95% sure he wouldn't be able to go. He needed me to help get these freezy things in the front of the freezer and he needed me to open the window, so looks like I won't be going. Yes, I am mega disappointed. I will let on to Vince how much I am disappointed as little as possible because I know that he feels bad. But if I were in the same situation, I would want him to be here for me. I feel I should be here for him. And, hey, I'm getting my pool (it only took 4 years!) I am trying so so hard not to drown my sorrows in a big bath of brownie dough or some cookies. I'm so torn -- I know that Jessica took her vacation from work to go and I'd love to see my son, but on the other hand, Vince needs me. Excuse me -- the tears are flowing. I know, Amanda, its nothing compared to what you're going thru

Wow! Middletown NY! I thought no one really knew about it. My cousin lives there. My aunt and uncle lived in Pine Island. Brings back memories. Meidson - what part of NJ are you in? I grew up in Lyndhurst, Clifton, moved to East Rutherford, then we bought our first home in West Milford, then we moved to PA

Laura $411 for fast food! Well, someone probably bought lunch for their entire company!

I have heard that blue plates can help decrease how much you eat and red plate will increase it. Let us know

Laura - keeping fingers, toes, eyes and anything else that I can crossed for your hubby.

Well, the pool guys are running a little behind, so I'll probably have some lunchl Had tuna

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm still trying to fend off those feelings of wanting to drown my sorrows in brownie, cake or something like that.

Michele
  • kateblue72
    kateblue72 Posts: 113
    Options
    Well, just can't seem to keep up on this topic .... so many of you are so great at posting, and appear to get here every day! Good job! Rally enjoyed laleepop quotes today! Laurie, Barbie, Katie et al ... how do you keep track of everyone? I work full time, and just barely seem to get the time to come log in food and exercise ...... I will try to keep up my 'attendance' here, but still no promises - lol. Take care all, and have a SUPER day. Kate

PS Is there anyway to set up to read everything from the newest posts to oldest post???? ..... Because I don't get on often enough, I end up having way too many pages to read on all my topics, so quite often 'skip' to the last page listed ..... and I know I will have missed reading some good ideas. :embarassed:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options

Well, it's looking like I'm not going to get to France and Italy. Vince hurt his back yesterday and this morning he said that he was 95% sure he wouldn't be able to go. He needed me to help get these freezy things in the front of the freezer and he needed me to open the window, so looks like I won't be going. Yes, I am mega disappointed. I will let on to Vince how much I am disappointed as little as possible because I know that he feels bad. But if I were in the same situation, I would want him to be here for me. I feel I should be here for him. And, hey, I'm getting my pool (it only took 4 years!) I am trying so so hard not to drown my sorrows in a big bath of brownie dough or some cookies. I'm so torn -- I know that Jessica took her vacation from work to go and I'd love to see my son, but on the other hand, Vince needs me. Excuse me -- the tears are flowing. I know, Amanda, its nothing compared to what you're going thru

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm still trying to fend off those feelings of wanting to drown my sorrows in brownie, cake or something like that.

Michele

:sad: So sorry Vince hurt his back. Maybe you will be able to get there later in the year:huh:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Just a quick pop in, I have so many posts to catch up on but the electrician will be here by 7am. I got home last night on the late train was in by 11.30pm. My botox procedure went well but it is very painful to have. Was ill for a few hours afterwards, but all good now. Went to an xtend barre class with my daughter the next morning. Eating wise we did very well this time. She made fried rice (brown rice) with lots of vegetables. Someone did ask about my new profile photo Its with my daughter at her 20th birthday last year she will be 21 next month. Thanks to all those who have been telling me about their states. its really great I do appreciate it and find it most interesting. I will be back with more news and a little about Sydney, NSW (New South Wales) we had the olympics here in 2000 and I was a volunteer there.

Cheers Jen the Aussie. ( no, I do not have a knagaroo as a pet, just a moody cat)
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    :sad: Oh Michelle Im so sorry your husband hurt himself and that you will miss you're trip! But Im sure you will be able to reschedule. Here's hoping he will have a speedy recovery :glasses:
  • Skyecath
    Skyecath Posts: 33
    Options
    Busy busy day at work today - am very tired

Michele - aw so sorry your trip is off, you were so looking forward to it, I hope you can re book it soon and that Vince's back is better soon.

Laura - enjoy your day off, I'm back in work again tomorrow.
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Michelle - so sorry hubby hurt his back...and you are my vote for "wife of the year "! I'm not sure I would be able to hide my disappointment.

I did 12 miles on bike this am..love the endorphins...good thing, had a busy day at work and the boss had on the cranky pants, hopefully he will lose them tomorrow.

Did not have the result I was hoping for on the scale, but KNOW that I am eating and living healthier than I was so I will NOT give up!

Hugs to all who can use one, have a good evening!
    :heart:
    Jen
  • boogiewoman1
    Options
    my goal is to keep on getting more cardio to get some of this fat off my soon to be 4 pack. The other two won't go away d/t 3 C sections.
    I am going to do push ups every day. I want great abs.
  • Marie2601
    Marie2601 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm just happy to get 40 minutes of brisk walking everyday!
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi, I have been back on MFP since April 14. I started my weight loss program Feb. 1, 2012. I have lost 33 lbs. so far. I am 51 yrs. old. I would love to reach my goal of losing 47 lbs. more by Sep. 21, which is my birthday, which is a lot to lose by that time I know. But if I can be close to it, I will also be happy with that. MFP has helped me tremendously keep track of my eating and getting so many good tips and pointers from other people on here. The support is fabulous.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Michelle- I am so sorry about your trip. Disappointment just never gets easier. It always suck but we deal with it.

Barbie - I am sitting here in my hotel room with only 8200 steps on my pedometer. I am going to get up and pace back and forth until I get my goal. Thank you.

I did not eat well today. Travel is hard and coming back to So Cal there are so many bad things that I haven't had in ages so they temp me. I fell victim to In-N-Out Burger today when it was supplied as our lunch. At least I did it protein style but still:blushing: At least I felt so guilty that I hit the fitness center here at the hotel for an hour.

Take care all

Robin, Missing her Bodi Boy and Rit Bit
  • KathyGSM
    KathyGSM Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Kathy,
    FitTraxx at Gold's Gym appears to be like UFX at the gym that I go to, New York Sports Club. I looked at the web site and noticed that it is in Middletown, New York. I wanted to see if it was Middletown, NY because there are so many states with a town named Middletown. FYI, I was born in Middletown, New York, but now live in New Jersey. It is always nice to find someone who is from my "home town". Too bad we don't have a Gold's Gym nearby because FitTraxx appears to be a good workout. Your progress is awesome. Keep up the good work!
    ME

Thank you! As for that gym being in Middletown NY - I just found that site on the internet when I was checking into fit-traxx before I signed up for it. I actually live in Washington NJ - where in NJ are you?
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI~been a busy grandma lately,enjoying the beautiful weather.
    Making progress in pt.Walked 1 mile ,a little sore,but no pain.
    Hope everyone is having a good week..
    HUGS
    jane
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :sad: Michelle How disappointing for you. Here's hoping your hubby has a speedy recovery. I hope you will be able to re-schedule when he's fully fit again.

:heart: :heart:
  • Skyecath
    Skyecath Posts: 33
    Options
    YAY 1st week over and I've lost 6lbs!!!!!! I am so pleased and inspired to keep going. Yes I know that the 1st week is always good and that it won't be like this every week (been here many times over the years) but for today I'm enjoying the glory.

We had spaghetti carbonara last night but without the cream. It was still high in cals but DH wanted to try out his home grown, home cured, home smoked bacon which he had finished yesterday. It was very nice. Oh and it had home grown eggs in it too.

Weather looks like it's going to be mixed today, the sun is shining but there's some black clouds floating about and it's windy.

Have a good day everyone
    Cath
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Cath that is an awesome lost, well done, you are off to a great start. And all that lovely home produce.

:cry: Michelle, sorry to hear your news and that the trip is off or should we say just needs re scheduling. It would have been worst if your husband hurt his back while travelling.

:ohwell: have not managed to bank as many calories as I would have liked in my calorie bank for Mothers Day, but I did my best. It is certainly easier to eat well from your own kitchen, so long as its well stocked with fresh vegetables of course. I am quite sore from the xtend barre class yesterday. It was certainly a strong work out. I did enjoy it. Will now try and do a gentle walk on the dreadmill to work out some of the aches, and then I hope an early night with a bit more read of "the happiness project'.

Love all your posts, so inspiring, motivating, and sharing of tips and articles and quotes. So glad I joined this group.
    PS. I have put on a blue tablecloth and also had new bright lights installed today, lets hope I see some positive progress.