How much water to drink in one day????

2»

Replies

• grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    The need for 64 oz. of water a day is a myth, and it actually can do damage if you drink too much. Drink if you're thirsty, that's it, nothing complicated.

If you wait until you're thirsty to drink, you are already dehydrated.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Drink half your body weight in ounces. So if you weight 150 you want to drink at least 75 ounces a day.

THIS!!

I weight 190 so I try and drink atleast 100oz of water a day - most days I drink more some days I think less but 100oz is my goal!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    I've been told by 2 of my doctors to drink a gallon a day. That's what I do.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    When I asked my doctor this question she told me that if my urine is clear and I am urinating at least once an hour I am drinking enough water and that is the way she recommends that to her patients.
    This. If your urine is clear and you are not thirsty, don't drink. If your urine is yellow OR you are thirsty then drink. Just listen to your body, it knows. Not everyday is the same. On days where I have long workouts, I can easily drink 1 1/2 gallons. On other days 6 glasses is plenty.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    When I read your topic I was going to respond "as much as you can". But after reading what you wrote I can tell you that I drink atleast the amount of water each day that the formula you give derives and I feel great :-)
  • skbohanon
    skbohanon Posts: 15 Member
    I average about 2 liters a day... which I believe is 64 oz.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    I love how people warn about drinking too much water but nevermind the 2-3 32oz cups of soda a lot of people drink each day just from eating fast food and eating out.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    I count all my liquids so I probably average a gallon a day on liquids.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    At the least 1/2 your bodyweight in OZ. I go for over 100 oz a day and feel great when I hit 1 gallon.
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    <~~ 144oz here each day (9 bottled waters @ 500mL each)
  • Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    I do the half weight in ounces too, and lose weight pretty quick when I start, so it works for me. Plus my skin clears up, so it's awesome!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    i drink about a gallon a day
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    I love how people warn about drinking too much water but nevermind the 2-3 32oz cups of soda a lot of people drink each day just from eating fast food and eating out.

Where did anyone say that that was okay? That's a straw man argument, setting up target no one brought up, and knocking it down.
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    I drink upto 2 pints of water a day and then a 500ml bottle of water in the evening, I can say that my pee is pretty clear when I go lol
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    I drink 3 to 4 liters daily depending on whether I exercise or not. I think it's what you feel more comfortable with.
  • Greeneyz64
    Greeneyz64 Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks everyone!