A bit about Dr. Oz.

Options

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    dr oz is a walking billboard... do you need to sell some products??? call dr oz..
  • activemom
    activemom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    there's not a magic pill???? jk
  • junglejd13
    junglejd13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Is he related to the Wizard of Oz?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Are you a doctor, or did you go to medical school and study rigorously? I don't like thate everyone here is trying to loose weight, loosing weight is a postive thing, but yet your focussing your energy on Doctor Oz? Yes the media makes stuff up or makes things bigger then it seems but maybe it is his beliefs and works for him. How can you say it doesn't work when clearly all of our bodies are different and react differently. It sounds and looks like to me with all the negative posters that you guys are miserble with yourself. focus on being happy with yourself, your weightloss goals, rather than immature bashing on a person we probally will never even see in person.
    that was cute, i guess. but i would like to state that medical science is not based in one's "beliefs."
  • Saraj6337
    Saraj6337 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well regardless I plan to still watch the show doesn't mean I have to try every supplement etc he says
    I just enjoy the show
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Are you a doctor, or did you go to medical school and study rigorously? I don't like thate everyone here is trying to loose weight, loosing weight is a postive thing, but yet your focussing your energy on Doctor Oz?

Look at my post count. The vast majority of my time spent on this site is to help people and I am doing the same with this post, you just don't understand that right now.

How can you say it doesn't work when clearly all of our bodies are different and react differently.

We are not as different as you think:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html

It sounds and looks like to me with all the negative posters that you guys are miserble with yourself. focus on being happy with yourself, your weightloss goals, rather than immature bashing on a person we probally will never even see in person.

You do not understand. There are hundreds of people on this site who regularly see something on Dr Oz (something bogus, like Raspberry Ketones), and they will post about it and usually spend money on it because they think that what they saw on TV was medical advice. This is HARMFUL.

I am here to HELP people to see through that.

I'm sorry that you do not see it this way.

Strong first post.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Are you a doctor, or did you go to medical school and study rigorously? I don't like thate everyone here is trying to loose weight, loosing weight is a postive thing, but yet your focussing your energy on Doctor Oz? Yes the media makes stuff up or makes things bigger then it seems but maybe it is his beliefs and works for him. How can you say it doesn't work when clearly all of our bodies are different and react differently. It sounds and looks like to me with all the negative posters that you guys are miserble with yourself. focus on being happy with yourself, your weightloss goals, rather than immature bashing on a person we probally will never even see in person.

Dr. Oz gets paid to peddle useless supplements and programs that either have never been proven or have been disproved by science. His advice is potentially dangerous, as you may have already read here.

Yes, we are losing weight, gaining weight, or maintaining health. In this process we are becoming more educated about health and fitness. This education has shown us that he is dangerous. What's wrong with sharing that knowledge? Is that not a positive thing?
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    One word: Quack!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

tumblr_m140vycDbs1rqfhi2o1_400.gif
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Are you a doctor, or did you go to medical school and study rigorously? I don't like thate everyone here is trying to loose weight, loosing weight is a postive thing, but yet your focussing your energy on Doctor Oz?

Look at my post count. The vast majority of my time spent on this site is to help people and I am doing the same with this post, you just don't understand that right now.

How can you say it doesn't work when clearly all of our bodies are different and react differently.

It sounds and looks like to me with all the negative posters that you guys are miserble with yourself. focus on being happy with yourself, your weightloss goals, rather than immature bashing on a person we probally will never even see in person.

You do not understand. There are hundreds of people on this site who regularly see something on Dr Oz (something bogus, like Raspberry Ketones), and they will post about it and usually spend money on it because they think that what they saw on TV was medical advice. This is HARMFUL.

Strong first post.
    I just want you to know, I think you're an pretty cool guy. :3
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

Sidesteal is totally awesome. :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Someone told me I was crazy because I said that cult leader came to mind when I asked what I thought of him....but I was soooo serious. This is just my personal experience but a lot of people who watch him say stuff like "Dr Oz says... "Dr Oz recommends..."Dr Oz suggests... and some follow him like he is the gospel truth over their own personal Dr. Its just not my cup of tea...

The moment Dr. Oz comes out with his own name-branded kool-aid product, know then that the world will probably end.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Your right. We probally never will see him in person and that makes us miserble.
  • Paulie444
    Paulie444 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job :smile:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

tumblr_m140vycDbs1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

hemad.jpg
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

soooooooooooo tempting.....please tell me you see what I see? not gonna go there tho :noway:
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I've never heard of Dr Oz until I joined MFP, tbh :blushing:

I thought Oprah's guru was Dr Phil :laugh:
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Coincidently I did go to a medical school. It wasn't for medicine though. Maybe you should define rigorously. Some people study harder than others. Hey what's the difference between dr. Oz and dr. Mengele? One's a drunk on power madman who enjoys decieving people and using them for dangerous experiments and the other is german.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Sidesteal is totally awesome. :)

Aww, thanks :)

I'll be back in about 3 minutes.

=)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Someone told me I was crazy because I said that cult leader came to mind when I asked what I thought of him....but I was soooo serious. This is just my personal experience but a lot of people who watch him say stuff like "Dr Oz says... "Dr Oz recommends..."Dr Oz suggests... and some follow him like he is the gospel truth over their own personal Dr. Its just not my cup of tea...

The moment Dr. Oz comes out with his own name-branded kool-aid product, know then that the world will probably end.

NO, it would just be natural selection. Paving way for a more intelligent and successful species