IT'S NOT FAIR dont jump down my throat or be mean

Options
THIS IS A VENT!

It is sooooo not fair that guys lose weight faster than girls,. Example 1 my husband. We eat simular (me usually less) and do just about the same amount of exercise (I'm heavier so I burn more) I've been Lost 12 lbs.. gained 9 back over vacation (even thou I counted and didnt go over.. he ate crap ... 1.5 box of snack cakes in 2 days) i've lost 7 of it now im yoyoing between 7 and 9 lost.. mean while my husband's number keeps going down(YAY FOR HIM seriously im happy for him) everytime he logs a weigh in and has a loss... I want to cry because my stupid number is going up or has stalled out.. and whats more frusterating about this... is he only doing this because I asked him to for some more support. I sit here typing this tears rolling down my face.. I want to get up and scream IT'S NOT FAIR DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT!!!

end rant

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    oh yes I know how you feel. My husband stopped drinking soda (not that he drank alot) and drop 20 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Don't even compare yourself to another person. It will almost always end in disaster. Every case is different but remember guys typically have more muscle mass than women, therefore; they're burning more calories anyway. I would be looking at it as motivation! Just keep working hard and you'll see results as well! :flowerforyou:
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down...I know it's hard. My BF has to eat 5000+ calories a day, just to maintain, and not lose weight. I look at food and gain. I've been going up and down betwee 10 and 12 lbs lost for several weeks now, even with exercising. About 3 weeks ago, I upped my calories to 1600 (which btw is hard for me to eat that much), and seems to be helping albeit slowly. Everyone's bodies are different. Be happy with the hard work you've put into this, and keep going....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Guess you have to work harder.
  • Skyla08
    Skyla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are coming from. When me and hubby were on track earlier this year it was the same for me too! I would sometimes lose more then him, but for the most part i worked harder and ate better and he would still lose good numbers. We both fell off the wagon and are now back at it again! Right now I have changed my mind set and attitude towards it all. Yes it may be unfair that he will lose it faster, but i'm gonna keep at it until i'm at my goal weight. You need to celebrate each others success and just let it be! Work hard and worry about you, and encourage each other to push through it!
    My husband is on disability and has all day to work out if he chooses while i'm stuck comuting to work and having long days, this at one point would drive me crazy but now i'm trying to stay positive and just focus on what I can do to better me, because at the end of the day that's all you can really do! Use his weight loss to motivate you to push harder! :) And good for you to motivate him to get healthy even if it was to support you. Doing this with my husband is the best experience, we work out together, plan our meals together, and motivate each other. I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else and I just know this journey will make us stronger. Good luck with your journey!!! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    but girls can have an orgasm any time any where.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, we would be able to maybe suggest things that may help...
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

HA! I think I love you.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Guess you have to work harder.
    This^^
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options

And many, many more.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that losing weight and getting healthy was a race or a contest.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Life isnt fair
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Tell me bout it. I've been lifting for 8 months, and my husband just started lifting three weeks ago, and his arms are getting firm already. GRR.. It's all good though. I can pick him up and carry him around the house still, which freaks him out a little. heh
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

So can us guys...it just makes the rest of the day a little sticky. :wink:
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    you gained 9 lbs on vacation without going over your calories?!?!

sorry but that doesn't add up.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I say enjoy a good vent and then get back on track. And maybe stop looking at his numbers? I feel ya' though. {{Hugs}}
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    My Husband and I are loosing together too... Yes it can be frustrating when they loose faster.. be careful not to get your head into game mode. you are on your own journey...
    I wish you all the best...
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Vent, get it out and get back to it. USE EACH OTHER AS MOTIVATION. He lost 2 pounds this week? Kick his *kitten* next week and try to match it and do more. Use your anger in the gym!
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Amazing!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    We are also just as smart and twice as strong.