what are your crazy little quirks

Options

Replies

• KazzaLee13
    KazzaLee13 Posts: 46
    Options
    When I turn the lights off downstairs at night i have to run upstairs away from the dark - and yes I'm a grown woman.

I do that too!! xD

Also, everytime I get back home, first thing I do is check the gas in the kitchen, and even though I can see it's off I always have thoughts for my neighboors when I turn on the first light (in case because of a possible gas problem my house would explode) lol.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    All my money has to be facing the same way and have the same side up.
    I add a sticky note to every dvd I watch with the month and year on it so I know when the last time I saw it was.
    Every night, even if I've just locked it, I check the locks on both doors. Sometimes I make it halfway up the stairs before I realize that I didn't check. If I don't tell myself, while I'm locking it, to remember that I'm doing it, I will go back and check later.
    I rub the hairs on my chin back and forth between my thumb and index finger without realizing it.
  • MollyBagans
    Options
    I always make sure I never step on cracks in the sidewalk. Stuck when I was a kid I would brake my mothers back, and I still get scared it will happen. This sounds weird, but if i go to a restaurant and order fries, I ask them to leave off the salt so I can salt my own. They always put too much on for my taste. I Lysol my furniture and curtains every day. When I see a car at night with one working headlight, I make a wish. I bring my own blanket and pillow when traveling to hotels. I heard they only wash the sheets and pillowcases, but not the big blankets. I hate ketchup because it reminds me of blood. I drive with my hand on my carhorn incase I have to use it suddenly. So much more, but I'm sure I already sound like a freak:happy: :blushing: :glasses:
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have always smelled my cups before using them. If it smells like it's been in the cabinet for awhile I wash it out before using it. I guess when I take a drink I inhale at the same time so I can't stand if the glass has an odor to it. :)

That's why I can't use plastic cups without a straw!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I can hardly stand to touch anything that has been washed in a dishwasher and I absolutely cannot stand to touch cotton wool. Ick.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird, but if i go to a restaurant and order fries, I ask them to leave off the salt so I can salt my own. They always put too much on for my taste.
    people used to do that when i worked @ mcdonalds many years ago, but i actually think it was because they wanted FRESH fries even if they had only been cooked 5 minutes ago :laugh:
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    lol I don't step on the drain either! I don't drink when I eat, I eat all my food then maybe I'll take a sip...when I was a kid I wasn't allowed to have my drink until I finished my food so I wouldn't fill up on juice and I guess it stuck! I also strongly prefer my water in a water bottle when its in a glass the chances of me drinking it are slim to none, a little more likely if the cup is plastic but its a good chance I'll wait til I have a bottle. hahaha! I'm such a weirdo
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    - I like to organize everything just because. Most things have labels ;/
    - Whatever I write on my to-do list, it must get done...and if it can not be done, I have to right a new to-do list to add to the new to-do list if that makes any sense
    - I have to have all the lights off in my apartment and I have to have my bedroom door locked (I cant sleep with any lights on).
    - Oh I cannot have things on my bathroom sink at all.. Its weird, once I am done using something, it has to be put away (which means there is no soap on the counter, toothbrush holder, etc. All of it has to be put away immediately once it is done
    - I prefer not to drink out of cups...I prefer bottles or something else
    - I put lots of things into ziplock baggies with labels lol
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    At a public loo, i wont use a stall that has toilet paper trailing down and squished at the end ( like someone's ripped it off in between the perforated line )

I wont use wash basins with water drops left around the counter top :sick:

I dont know why...but if im in public, i always prefer sitting on the right hand side of people.. :laugh: im weird.

i smell plates and glasses and forks before using them. Either i wipe them first or if they smell ....stale? i rinse them before using them.
  • MarleneBorko
    MarleneBorko Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I do laundry and start removing my husbands and my no iron shirts from the dryer to hang, I match the color of the shirts to the color of my plastic hangers, green shirts on green hangers, blue on blue, etc. If it is a print shirt or a color I don't have a hanger for, then I use white or a color from the print to match. Don't know why, it's definitly a quirk. What's funny is, I know I'm doing it, but I can't stop myself.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I add a sticky note to every dvd I watch with the month and year on it so I know when the last time I saw it was.

I put sticky notes on somethings that I used (or the last time I used it) or something... But I never done this with DVDs....I will definitely be dong this. Just seems so organized to me lol
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me in elementary school that you should wash your hands for the length of the happy birthday song to make sure they're thoroughly clean. So now, fastworded twenty years...I catch myself every so often singing the happy birthday song in my head as I wash my hands.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I can't eat cereal out of a plastic bowl...something about the milk and the way it looks in the bowl... nope...can't do it!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    -I can't sleep with the closet door cracked/open.. same thing with my bedroom door, though that stems back to something strange occurring when I was a kid)

-I'm really clingy when it comes to my mechanical pencils and so whenever I get a new batch of them, I like to pull out all of the older ones and mix them together.. I guess to let them mingle.. And whenever it's time to re-fill the lead in one pencil, I'll go through and check all the others to make sure they don't need to be refilled as well.

-Whenever I get around to making my bed, the covers and comforter MUST be aligned properly. If it's too long on one side, or wrinkled, I get annoyed and will give my all to correct this.
  • CandiceSizemore
    CandiceSizemore Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have so many, I am definitely CDO (the right way to spell OCD cause all the letters are in alphabetical order)

I lift my feet while driving over rail road tracks.
    I only like even numbers.
    I drive in circles, meaning I will go a different route home than I did leaving home because it makes a cycle.
    I pack the dishwasher a certain way (all coffee cups in a line, all short glasses in another line, all tall glasses in another line. I use the silver wear divider and put all forks together, all knives together, all spoons and then all cooking utensils.
    I count steps when Im walking down or up them.
    When I play Scrabble the letters have to be perfectly lined up and it drives me crazy when they are crooked.
    I have a certain routine in the morning that I have to do in a certain order, The order of what I do in the shower is also the same everyday.

So many more too haha!
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I also do the following:
    *Wont sit with my back to a door or window.
    *Cans in the cupboard are all faced
    *Rack of k-kups are all in order by flavor and labels are straight.
    *Everything must be even. I just took my new bike back because i realized the front tire
    was just a tiny bit off to one side. I couldnt ride it.. was too focused on that stupid wheel.
    *Most everything is lined up by size
    *If im at the grocery store, i will face the items im looking at.. if i take something, i will
    Move the next thing forward so the whole section is faced correctly.
    *money must face the same direction and go from low to high bills.
    *load the dishwasher thhe same way everytime. Unload it the opposite as i loaded it.

Im sure there are more.. just cant think of them.
  • CandiceSizemore
    CandiceSizemore Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat everything on my plate one item at a time, in a clockwise rotation. I rarely mix foods together, but I'm OK with casseroles/one-pot type dishes. But, if they start out separate on my plate, they will most likely stay that way.

I do this too! and I cant stand my food touching, everything has to be separated.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    -I tear my food apart before I eat it.
    -I cannot leave the house if my house is not orderly -- all the beds have to be made, kitchen spotless, bathrooms sterilized, laundry folded and put away, and the carpets / floors have to be freshly vacuumed / mopped.
    -I snort when I laugh
    -I am extremely shy, even with people that I know.
    - I make goofy faces randomly.
    - Car rides make me sleepy.
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    when i hand my washing out to dry i have to use the same colour pegs on each item, and the toilet roll needs to be on the holder the right way, so you pull from the top rather than underneath the roll, if i go to the loo and it is the wrong way i will change the roll round!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I eat in order. If I have a burger and fries, I have to eat the fries first....then I flip the burger upside down and eat the bottom part of the bun, the meat, then the top part of the bun with all the toppings.

I won't walk on those big drainage thingies on sidewalks and in parking lots etc, because I'm convinced I'm so fat they will collapse and I will fall through.

I wash the dust pan with soap and water and rinse the broom after every use. I can't clean with dirty cleaning supplies.

I think that's enough for now.