What are small thighs?

Options
I hate my thighs. I think they are HUUGE (btw: NOT me in my picture :p)
They are 19-20 inches, and I'd like to know what's considered "small" / "thin"...
And please don't answer 10 inches.... that's not realistic for me :/

So, how small is small thighs? :)

Replies

• eatmeingo
    eatmeingo Posts: 134
    Options
    Depends on the person's figure. If you want a thigh gap, like your icon, then "small thighs" to you, will be you with a thigh gap. :)
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    I have a thigh gap, but still think they're too big .. :/
  • eatmeingo
    eatmeingo Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm jealous! I'm working my way towards one slowly. :) I think the "healthy" measurement is like 20-24 inches? I don't remember.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options
    Hm.. I've read that models have 18 inches max .. :s
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I work at a gym, and the charts say "Thinner legs run between 20-22, muscular legs run between 22-24"
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21 inches -.-

I would say small would be around 18-19 or so. That is what my roommates are
  • edmercdeleted
    Options
    I'm really curious. If that's not you in your picture, then why do you have there there? Is that what you are striving for?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    20-23 - small

EDIT: sorry- for someone my height - between 5'10-6'+
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Where on the thigh are you measuring? Middle, top?
  • backtothebasics1
    Options
    What have you found that works the best to lean up your thighs? I'm short and stocky so mine always seem to be bigger than I'd like.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Mine are 20 inches and I think they're thin enough. They have muscles on them but they are slender and have a thigh gap.. I'd rather have them lose a little more fat and get a little more muscular than get smaller ;) Tightness is better!!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have pretty thick thighs and I've learned to live with it. I just tone up and do lots of squats and lunges so at least that way i can still look good.
  • sparkmanr
    sparkmanr Posts: 14
    Options
    That person in the picture looks anorexic. I would not want to be that thin.
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the person--this thread is almost depressing to someone like me with 26" meaty thighs! So, I would be very happy with 23" thighs. I would just say, don't set extreme or unrealistic goals for your body. Not everyone can be runway model size. You sound pretty small to me!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious. If that's not you in your picture, then why do you have there there? Is that what you are striving for?
    My question exactly.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options
    Where on the thigh are you measuring? Middle, top?

Measure around the widest part of your thighs ;)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Personally I think the person in the picture is a bit too thin...she has no shape. I'd want to be a little larger than that (but that is just for me).

That being said, beauty is in th eye of the beholder. We each have our own ideals...

I don't know what the ideal shape/size is for your body type, but you do... Just make sure your goals are attainable, and learn to love yourself at whatever size or shape you are.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options

I find the picture motivating, I've always wanted smaller thighs.