What are small thighs?

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    That person in the picture looks anorexic. I would not want to be that thin.

I don't see where she asked for your opinion. @OP i think 18 inches is small/petite. But it really depend on height and body structure.

lol she did ask for opinions, this poster just gave a different one. go eat, calm down

Just ate thanks. Welcome to join me since you apparently need it for that attitude.
    OP sorry everyone is freaking out on you. If they were genuinely worries they wouldn't be so rude.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :yawn:
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my thighs are 24 inches each and I look AMAZEBALLS.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Small is always going to be a subjective thing. I do prefer shapely legs though. I think when the knee caps start looking dis-proportionally large....the legs are much too skinny.

I'm short (5'1") so small to me, on my body, is 18 inches. That's where I'm at now, and I'm quite pleased with my legs at the moment. They're not skinny, actually quite muscular and solid as a rock.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had a thigh gap...when I was 16 years old!

I have nice thighs now, but don't have that gap again.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    my thighs at the widest part are 24 inches in the middle of my thighs they measure 21 inches ............ I am currently 170lbs (24lbs over weight) and stand 5'6 .............. your body shape will be different from most ppl on this thread and that will make a difference to what the ideal thigh measurement is .... My thighs are big, but they are also muscular and I like them that way so Im only looking to lose about 2 inches .....
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my thighs are 24 inches each and I look AMAZEBALLS.

Yup, I am fabulous too. :) 5'5" and I think they were about 22. I have never measured them until just now. And I really doubt I ever will again! :D
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What you have is small.....the pic you posted as your motivation probably can't be achieved healthily. it would take starvation and muscle loss- two things that are completely undesirable in my opinion, but to each their own.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    And suddenly this thread was all about my picture...
    Between the pic, your username and your comments...

Why not post the un-cropped version of the picture. I bet many people would find it even more disturbing.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Defining "thin thighs" would depend an awful lot on the rest of one's build, I'd think.

If your measurements are what would generally be considered on the smaller end, and you have a "thigh gap," I can't help but wonder if you're reaching for "thinspo," which would concern me a bit - and be a violation of TOS. While it's admirable to have goals, it's really important that we each recognise that what we see in the mirror as "truth" is highly subjective.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    5'0'' over here and happy with my 20" thighs. And I can run like a BEAST! :)
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well...my thighs are 27 inches...I'd be happy with 24 inches. I will always have larger thighs and I have accepted that.
  • momma_a
    momma_a Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mine are sitting at 21 inches.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    I'm really curious. If that's not you in your picture, then why do you have there there? Is that what you are striving for?

I agree. Sometimes I read posts and they worry me! MFP is about being healthy, not sickly.

DITTO!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 23.5 inches (I'm 5'5'') and are pretty muscular. I think 19-20 inches is small/just right for your height. But I couldn't help but notice that you are 5'2'' and 46kg (100 lbs)? I know BMI isn't everything, but you are in the underweight range for your BMI. May I ask why you are trying to lose weight? Maybe strength training would be a good option for you?
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    According to my last measurements, mine are 18.5-19 (different on each thigh). They're still ginormous for me though, since I'm only 4'11". I guess it really depends on height and body shape and such. I think thigh gaps are lovely, but I doubt I could ever get one with my body shape :(
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    the person in the picture looks anorexic...unless you like that knobby-knee 12 year old girl look
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    my thighs are 21 inches at the widest part and I am 5ft 7inchs I weigh 137 pounds.. And they are muscular and powerful ..inner thighs get flabby so I do inner thigh workouts to help cut them back.. I don't have thigh gap..My boyfriend says that is gross and only other girls would find that attractive LOL -He is a dork
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I love my 20" muscular thighs. So I don't know what "small thighs" are.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    5'0'' over here and happy with my 20" thighs. And I can run like a BEAST! :)

I want to be like you! :flowerforyou:
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    I'd die for thighs your size. Mine are 28. I have always had large hips/thighs/butt. I don't really care what the final measurement comes to as long as I (eventually) look good.

How are your thighs in comparison to the rest of your body? That's what I'd be looking at.