what are your crazy little quirks

Options

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have to mentally look at my garage door and say the door is down before driving away, otherwise a few blocks away I won't remember if I put it down and will then do a U turn and go home to double check. Otherwise it will bug me to no end.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I too am weird about shower drains. I don't like to touch them at all. Swimming pool drains really freak me out.

If I touch the bottom of a pool or in deep water I get a bit panicky.

I need to sit with my back to the wall.

If a room has more than one light switch, they must all be the "right" way.

I check several times to make sure my car is in 1st gear when waiting for a light to change.

I don't like anyone touching my face.
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    I sometimes like to lie down in front of my fire, but when I do, I circle the area I'm going to sit down in. Picked it up of my cats. Still do it years later.

I hold my breath when passing smokers, people coughing or sneezing, then breath out when I'm past them to fully empty my lungs.
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    I like to eat Corn on the Cob cold and.....Pick each kernel off one by one and eat them... My EX wife thought that was strange! SSilly woman!
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    I too am weird about shower drains. I don't like to touch them at all. Swimming pool drains really freak me out.

If I touch the bottom of a pool or in deep water I get a bit panicky.

I need to sit with my back to the wall.

If a room has more than one light switch, they must all be the "right" way.

I check several times to make sure my car is in 1st gear when waiting for a light to change.

I don't like anyone touching my face.

Don't like anyone touching your face...How does that impact kissing? Thats gotta be weird...
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Lol... everyone is so weird . I :heart: you all
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I can't handle it when pictures are crooked. I even straighten them when I am out. There is a restaurant here in my town that I can't go to because their pictures are crooked and are affixed to the wall and can't be fixed, it makes me crazy.
    That and I alphabatize all my DVD's (I have 500+), but I don't see that as crazy, it just makes them easier to find when you are looking for them. Except when my daughter mixes them up to watch me wig out and have to fix them. :grumble:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    i was in the shower this morning, and i normally dont think about much, but today, i actually thought to myself "i never step on the drain" as long as i can remember, i have avoided stepping on shower drains..i cant explain why. it seems creepy to me, maybe. what are the things you do for unexplainable reasons?

Drains are disgusting, holes of eck. :sick:
    They represent all that is dirty, foul, diseased and dark.:huh:
    Can you tell I have a phobia of the drain?

I to this day cannot step on the bathtub drain.....the tub must be completely dry when I clean it. Trust me you could eat off my bathtub, and I still can't touch the drain.

So I'm with you on this one. :wink:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Oh so many .......

My back is never to the door when I go out to eat.

I HAVE to have the shower curtain closed at all times !

I DO Not step on cracks

I brush my teeth to the ABC song twice before I rinse ! I do the same with washing my hands....

I also have to have the letter all even when playing scrabble they cannot be out of the little boxes !

I always take a deep breath before I step out of the door..dont know why but I do !

I have to make my bed every morning as soon as I get up !! I will be late for work to make sure its made !
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    When I think really hard, my toes curl, and my feet move in circles. Also, I can't mix my food. It has to stay separated on the plate before I eat it, though I will mix it on the fork.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

Don't like anyone touching your face...How does that impact kissing? Thats gotta be weird...

Kissing isn't a problem. I just can't handle anyone touching me with their hands. It took my husband a while to get used to it, but he understands me quirks.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I eat everything on my plate one item at a time, in a clockwise rotation. I rarely mix foods together, but I'm OK with casseroles/one-pot type dishes. But, if they start out separate on my plate, they will most likely stay that way.

I do this too! and I cant stand my food touching, everything has to be separated.

You've got me beat - I'm not quite that bad. lol
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Where do I even begin? lol

Well I will copy a post from my personal blog...

Random list of things I have a strong aversion towards…

1.) Chihuahuas
    2.) Cockroaches
    3.) Attics
    4.) People sitting or walking closely on my left side
    5.) Anyone other than my son touching my face
    6.) The colour orange
    7.) Peanut butter and chocolate mixed together
    8.) Touching raw meat
    9.) Vomiting
    10.) Perfume/cologne/scented lotions
    11.) Flying
    12.) Anything slimy
    13.) Beer
    14.) Pocket lint
    15.) Dying
    16.) Worms
    17.) Malt vinegar
    18.) Hillbillies
    19.) People invading my personal space
    20.) Tarantino movies
    21.) Mushrooms
    22.) Doing housework
    23.) The number 23
    24.) Stupid people
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I separate colored candies like skittles or m&M's by color before eating them. I also eat the smallest chips first and save the big, whole and interesting folded ones for last. I hate things on, over, or around my ears. It makes me insanely picky about earbuds.

I do this too with skittles, i seperate the colours too then eat them in order starting with my least favourite, yellow, purple, green orange, red!
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    No public bathrooms...ever!! Just thinking about how dirty they could be, makes me want to be sick and i'm at home only writing about it!

I hold my breath when I get close to people at the store and breath out really hard before breathing normally again. Ugh. I just got over having bronchitis for 4 months STRAIGHT so i'm paranoid about people and their germs everywhere on everything at the store. =/

My back has to be away from doors or windows when I'm eating out. I want to see a possible attack coming to warn who ever i'm with.

I sometimes memorize the cars I see go by my house when I'm outside, so if something happens I will have the details about who was around. Sounds super crazy, but after a few things I have experienced I feel it is a priority to do so. UGH luckily we live in a quiet neighborhood so there isn't too much traffic.

I wash my hands 100x a day.. well I don't really know how much, but I do know it is way too much.

I write lists to keep track of what I need to do for fear I may forget to do something.

I won't touch raw meat

I don't like people standing around me when I am sitting.. it creeps me out

I have way too many to list lol. And I don't usually talk about them so this is all I can think of for now! My family always teases me about my "ocd like" behaviors. It's not funny to me, but reading about other peoples quirks kinda made me laugh lol =) And sadly, some of the things people have said are making me think about other things I could do LOL.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    When I sit down at a restaurant, I never put my back to the door.

JM

This. My hubbie always asks if I want the 'gun fighters seat':laugh:

And I can't stand anything tight round my neck, but I know where that one comes from, I almost hung myself when I was about 5 on my Mums washing line.
  • lisabarben
    lisabarben Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing at traffic lights. While driving,with the hand on top of the steering wheel , I use my pointer finger I move it in a left to right motion and which ever side it stops is the lane I go to. (it seems to be automatic, as I do not really notice it until the kids point it out to me.)

Lisa :drinker:
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My thermostat, volume on TV, etc. must be on an even number. Always.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I twirl my hair. (And I am an over 50 professional!)
    I do this!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I eat everything on my plate one item at a time, in a clockwise rotation. I rarely mix foods together, but I'm OK with casseroles/one-pot type dishes. But, if they start out separate on my plate, they will most likely stay that way.
    I have a myriad of OCD issues, but food touching is huge! I'm also a clockwise eater of things on my plate. I eat burgers and sandwiches this way too...clockwise around to the center.