Replies

• mzkezh
    mzkezh Posts: 74
    Options
    keep up the good work, you look amazing congrats
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You are not the enemy and surgery is not the easy way out. Those that say it is the easy way out have never done it so they can't speak on it. You have done and awesome job and you can reach your goals. I know you can! I'm in the same boat as you I started at 385 and I am 30lbs from goal. Congrats on your accomplishment thus far! I can't wait to see your continued success! Best of luck to you!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    First and foremost you took steps to improve your health and that is the most important decision you have probably ever made. Never apologize for a decision that is in your best interest. Congratulations on your success and keep us posted on your progress!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    123518lvuy3rkxxr.gif

HUN...I don't care how you got to this point. You have done awesome. Being healthy is worth what ever it takes.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi Howie. I like your Animal tshirt.

Congrats on your loss so far!!
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, Howie!!! You are amazing! Keep up the good work. Whatever got you here, you have taken control (and you can be in control!). Super job. Glad to see you've added some exercise. You will reach your goal. Keep putting one foot in front of the other! :happy:
  • GoTanieGo
    GoTanieGo Posts: 24
    Options
    The only enemy is complacency!! You're doing fanfriggintastic!! You look amazing! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • Gatwoman
    Gatwoman Posts: 1
    Options
    This is awesome! Congrats on your success and keep it going. You are an inspiration to all of us out here struggling to lost weight. Stay proud and stay strong!
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Howie,
    Thanks for sharing your story. I believe that fact that you decided to tell everyone on MFP about your journey is the most important part of it all. It shows that not only have you managed to lose an incredible amount of weight, but also your self confidence and belief in yourself is growing. Changing your goals means that the only thing expanding in your life is the options that will open up for you as you continue on your amazing journey.

For those of us who only need to lose a small amount of weight, it is harder to understand how overbearing it must have felt like for someone like your self just to get started. Your story has helped me realize that all the small gains we make start adding up to a big picture that we could never have seen before we all started our own journeys.

Each small change rewards us with a view and life that makes us better. Thank you for sharing.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Simply AMAZING!!! You should be very proud of yourself. Good luck losing the rest. It is an everyday battle for sure.
  • lidybug1984
    lidybug1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! You're not the enemny, surgery is NOT the easy way. Inpired by your hard work. Thank you :)
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority here- it's not an "easy out" and I feel you are selling yourself short! That is AWESOME and hard work has been put in- alot harder than most! Congratulations-- you should be so proud of yourself.

We all have different journeys here, different stories that are important in making us who we are.
    Well done!!!!
  • shcarter67
    shcarter67 Posts: 46
    Options
    You are awesome and an inspiration to others!!!! Keep up the great work.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I want to sleep in your Animal shirt!!!

Trust me, you're not the enemy for the simple fact that you realized it's going to take more than just the surgery to make it happen and to keep it from having to happen again. There are so many who don't ever get to that point, and then they find themselves crying when the weight comes back on. Keep working hard!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You had surgery....doesn't matter! You are still here doing what everyone else is....getting healthy!! Great job for deciding to make that change! I am sure your body thanks you every day! I know mine does!! Keep up the great work!!!:drinker:
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :drinker: You are doing great!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Yes the surgery was necessary, and maybe at first you weren't expecting much out of yourself, but look at you now! The loss from the surgery, and almost 50lbs more down all on your own. More importantly, look at how much you've turned your attitude around in regards to your future and the goals you're setting for yourself! That's a whole different kind of makeover, from the inside out. Major props to you my friend!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Definitely not the enemy for having surgery! I have several friends who did, with varying degrees of success. The enemy is to STAY overweight and not want to get healthy, and you kicked that enemy in the @ss.

Congratulations on your progress so far, and looking forward to your continued success!
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    200lbs loss is impressive however achieved! well done!
  • Got2bdrea
    Got2bdrea Posts: 2
    Options
    Keep going! Your doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!