200lbs down / more then halfway to goal / Pictures

Options

Replies

• laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You're not the enemy! You are AWESOME, and you're making excellent progress. Good for you! Be proud of your success, and don't sell yourself short. :)

I agree!! The surgery is making you get out and walk the 2.5 miles or making good food choices. You can do this, you will do this! Congrats on your success so far and for your future!!
  • 100PlusMyJourney12
    Options
    Good for you, this is awesome news! Congratulations! I wish you continued success, you can do it! :)
  • 1234getgoing
    Options
    WOW!!! Amazing !!!
  • tyandlindsma
    tyandlindsma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on YOUR hard work. Slow and steady wins the race and you are practicing sound, healthy habits that will pay off. You look great!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story! Even with the surgery I know you still have to work hard to control the craving etc and have to exercise. Keep up the good work! You are not the enemy!
  • Ouisel56
    Ouisel56 Posts: 25
    Options
    Howie, you are amazing! If having the surgery is what it took to get you going than more power to you! Abdominal surgery takes longer to recover from than open heart surgery. That's what the surgeon that removed my ruptured appendix six years ago told me and I believe. Knowing three men that had open heart surgery and how fast they were up and running compared to how long it took me to recover I'd say she knew what she was talking about.
    You not only recovered you successfully kept losing weight. That's a friend and an ally!
    Keep up the good work and you'll make your goal.
  • hayengirl
    hayengirl Posts: 11
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You're doing all the hard work now so who cares how you got started! You're doing a phenomenal job!!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    You do what you gotta do man - I think you look great! Keep up the good work!
  • dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all of the comments so I'm sure someone has said this already but surgery does NOT make you the enemy. You still have to be conciousl of your diet and exercise. There is a lot of hard work involved! Congrats on your loss!! You're doing great!!
  • Ceeceebigs
    Ceeceebigs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep it up!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You're looking fantastic!!! Keep up the awesome job you're doing!!!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!! I had gastric bypass surgery in 2008. Don't feel ashamed. Some of us need a little help. But in the end it still comes down to eating right and exercising for us to maintain long term. You got this!!
  • svwalter
    svwalter Posts: 21
    Options
    Sometimes you have to do what is best for you not what the rest of the world is doing. I wish you the best and you will make it across the country in an airplane and enjoy every minute of how far you came to sit in that seat.
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    you are doing brilliant, well done
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    LOL - you are super funny! Love your personality! You're doing great! Keep up the good work. Gastric bypass or not.........it's still hard to stay away from food. It's more mental than physical!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Well done to you!!!!! I had a sleeve and stopped losing a year out. Joined MFP to lose the rest the old fashioned way ;) just like you!

I dont think anyone should apologise for having WLS. Those of us who were very very very large....it wasn't the easy way but THE ONLY WAY :)

Much love to you! Keep it up! My goal is similar...except I wanna hit 199, just to say Im in the 100s, lol
  • nbarbosa2
    nbarbosa2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations on your success Howey. I admire you. I hope you keep going and reach your goal. I am new to this website and look forward to tracking your success. Forward!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!