Why are some of you so angry?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    yeah when someone hurts my feelings in here i usually print off one of there profile pictures cut a tiny hole where there mouth is and start shovin m&m through it ,kinda like one of those voodo dolls , really piss me off ill cut a hole down south on your profile picture jam m&m down there in hopes you will start walking funny
    Heheh. That's pretty funny!
  • Fineraziel
    Fineraziel Posts: 140
    Options
    I think they are deeply unhappy people. :(

They just dont know how to relieve their suffering. They probably just dont want to admit their weakness in the first place. So there is no hope for them to learn how to achieve true happiness.

I am very sad for them. :( God forgive them.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Virgins
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've seen some pretty inspiring stuff on MFP and some really amazing people who offer the knowledge they've accumulated to help out a newb or someone struggling to find a solution.

That being said I've seen some pretty hostile stuff from some of you too.

Why are you so angry - why do you feel the need to rip someones head off about something they wrote? Does it not make more sense to just skip the post all together?

You must be exhausted.

Not all motivation is warm and cuddly. Different people respond to different types of motivation. For me, a pat on the back, or a "good job!" does nothing for my motivation. I need something more like what a drill sergeant has to offer. A drill sergeant is hostile, angry, and overly critical individual, but he is able to create lean mean killing machines.
  • jg627
    Options
    I've seen some pretty inspiring stuff on MFP and some really amazing people who offer the knowledge they've accumulated to help out a newb or someone struggling to find a solution.

That being said I've seen some pretty hostile stuff from some of you too.

Why are you so angry - why do you feel the need to rip someones head off about something they wrote? Does it not make more sense to just skip the post all together?

You must be exhausted.

Not all motivation is warm and cuddly. Different people respond to different types of motivation. For me, a pat on the back, or a "good job!" does nothing for my motivation. I need something more like what a drill sergeant has to offer. A drill sergeant is hostile, angry, and overly critical individual, but he is able to create lean mean killing machines.
    You think you're runnin' things, private?
    Just PT and a buffer, drill sergeant.
    Get down and beat your face until I get tired, private!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    they are mean because they are hungry

That's not100% true. Some are constipated! :tongue:

Trail Addict - YOU have FABulous LEGS - WOW! I just had to pop in and say that... BUT... Now is someone gonna get MAD because that is NOT what this tread is about? :laugh:

After reading the above, I had to go see for myself and she is RIGHT! Wow, nice legs :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    yeah when someone hurts my feelings in here i usually print off one of there profile pictures cut a tiny hole where there mouth is and start shovin m&m through it ,kinda like one of those voodo dolls , really piss me off ill cut a hole down south on your profile picture jam m&m down there in hopes you will start walking funny

Woah, I hope its not me... if ever you're gonna do it with my pic, I want a hershey's kisses instead of m&m's :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm enraged because I made this yesterday and don't have the calories to budget to eat any of it:

IMG_0054.jpg

LMAO_o_81508.jpg

:wink:
  • jg627
    Options

Woah, I hope its not me... if ever you're gonna do it with my pic, I want a hershey's kisses instead of m&m's :laugh:
    I'd have to say smaller is better if he's really mad. I'll stick with the m&m's. *clinch*
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    20404983.jpg
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I'm enraged because I made this yesterday and don't have the calories to budget to eat any of it:

IMG_0054.jpg

LMAO_o_81508.jpg

:wink:

Im $%@ pissed because i want some!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I agree! A lot of these people who respond to a post is very judgmental.

On the flip side, people are asking to be judged in a lot of posts and then get mad when people judge them.

A- "I'm not losing weight, what am I doing wrong."
    B- "Well I looked at your diary, put the ho ho down."
    A- "You're being mean and judging."
    Random interloper-"Ignore B, they're just aholes, you're doing great A!"

And different people motivate in different ways. What one person considers mean or harsh, someone else calls motivation.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    because this is the net and people suck \m/
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind also that sometimes the person typing a response intends it to be read in a very matter-of-fact tone, however with a lack of actual tone and facial expression to go with the words, sometimes the intent can be misinterpreted. Yes sometimes people are just plain mean/rude, but sometimes they really are trying to share information but it comes across badly to some readers.

so true!!!
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

Just because someone's answer isn't covered in glitter and unicorn crap, it doesn't mean they're trying to hurt someone's feelings.

Exactly.
  • danielle5243
    danielle5243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're hangry... angry b/c they're hungry.

I completely understand because I'm a bit hangry myself.
  • sheilaann67
    sheilaann67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was shocked by the person who actually posted reasons she'd be snarky..lol. Proving my point that some people are just not all that nice and some want control over what's posted in a public forum.. if it's been posted before, the answer is obvious, etc. To me, these forums are about reaching out and communicating. I could care less if someone asks the same question over and over. There's a search field.. if I want to avoid the repetition, I'll search on what I'm looking for and ignore the posts that I think are whiney, redundant, etc. and God forbid someone get upset and post that they need support because they ate a cookie.. who would do that on a weight loss support website, right? lol geesh.

I"m hangry too! :)