Exercises that burn a lot of calories in short time

Options
2»

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I agree bodyrock.tv has me burning in no time. Or a run.
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a great one. I am far too uncoordinated for it, but a lot of my friends do it and burn huge calories.
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    Tabata burpees. Tabata tuck jumps. Tabata jumping jacks. Tabata speed skaters.

What is Tabata? :)
  • koolmum
    koolmum Posts: 39
    Options
    Tabata burpees. Tabata tuck jumps. Tabata jumping jacks. Tabata speed skaters.

What is Tabata? :)

It's 8 rounds of 20 sec high intensity work/10 sec rest. I use an app on my iPhone called Tabata timer that I loaded for free.
  • beachlover718
    Options
    Jumping rope. Running. Running in place. Jumping jacks. burpees.

UGH! HATE burpees! theyre killer
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Beautifullymadetoday
    Options
    make sure to change it up so your body never adapts to the exercise to burn the most amount of calories you possibly can
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I can't get enough of step aerobics! I grew tired of the treadmill, elliptical trainer, stationary bike etc so decided to give the step a go...
    It's a great workout and you'll enjoy it so much that you lose track of time. Just watch a few videos on Youtube, download a few dance tunes and you're good to go!
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Fantastic topic! Thanks! :)
    I just started doing 10 minutes of skipping first thing in the morning (1 min skipping + 1 min rest over 20 minutes) and burn anywhere between 100 and 120 calories before the day even begins! :) It was recommended to me by another MFP member and I think it's a great way to start the day as well as get up some quick calories.

Also.. Here is another workout I do at home - you don't need anything but it burns a bit if you put everything into it!

-20 x squats
    - 20 x push ups
    - 20 x side to side skips
    - 20 x crunches
    - 20 x knee high running
    - 20 x lunges
    - 20 x tricep dips
    - 3 x 20 sec. wall sits
    REPEAT x 2 (and again... if you want :)

Hope some of these help! :)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    IMO that's getting into dangerous territory. I don't believe its good to workout with the intent of burning off what you just ate. If you feel the need, go for a walk, but if it were me I'd accept that I ate more than intended, and adjust my meals/timings for the future so it doesn't happen again.
    If you think you're restricting too much, then try bumping up your calories by 50 for a week or two, reassess and maybe do the same again if you still feel its too little.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Running intervels on the tredmil burns about 10cals a minute for me, and swimming is great to you get your weight resistance and cardio in one
  • EaTnOw_CrYlAtEr
    Options
    10 mins of running or jogging can burn 381 calories
  • missjeanlouise
    missjeanlouise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    10 mins of running or jogging can burn 381 calories

No it can't.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Skipping rope and burpees. I love burpees cos they get me everytime :)

but Kitinboots here has a great point, listen to her.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    How the hell is running at 8mph a 7 1/2 mile pace? By using the standard of "What words mean" it's an 8 mile pace. Running? Guestimate 100 calories per mile. But count it as only about 80 for buffer. I am a little tickled when i see words like "Can burn xxx" or 'up to xxx calories!"

Everything. Is. Different. For. Every. Body. Start looking at caloric intake over the course of a week because your body doesn't simply reset your calories every time your alarm goes off. As an example, eating a 1000 calorie meal at 9pm doesn't mean your body starts at 'zero' calories the next day. Those 1000 calories will hang around awhile.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    How the hell is running at 8mph a 7 1/2 mile pace? By using the standard of "What words mean" it's an 8 mile pace. Running? Guestimate 100 calories per mile. But count it as only about 80 for buffer. I am a little tickled when i see words like "Can burn xxx" or 'up to xxx calories!"

Everything. Is. Different. For. Every. Body. Start looking at caloric intake over the course of a week because your body doesn't simply reset your calories every time your alarm goes off. As an example, eating a 1000 calorie meal at 9pm doesn't mean your body starts at 'zero' calories the next day. Those 1000 calories will hang around awhile.

1) You're doing it wrong. Running 8 mph is a 7:30 pace. You're running one mile every 7:30 minutes. 8 x 7:30 = 60.

2) That post was made four and a half years ago. I doubt the OP is still around.