black ladies in here

Options
12346»

Replies

• DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I have dated just as many Black men as I have white men and by all means (my lowest weight 155lbs) I was never skinny. So different strokes.......
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'm mixed, but have typical black girl's body. I have noticed that black guys appreciate it more. Unfortunately, a lot of white/mixed guys prefer skinny and straight, which is a shame because I tend to go for white/mixed guys.

I think it is a cultural thing, for eg, in Jamaica, bigness is praised.

However, both races need to recognise that big =/= curvy, so if you prefer curvy, weight isn't an issue.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I know this is sort of off topic but it's still about black women...I know a lot of black women prefer not to workout because of their hair sweating out...I used to think, my goodness why would this be a problem and why would it stop you from getting healthier...Well...since I've been working out, I now see what they mean...I can't do anything with my hair, it's as wet as if I had been in the shower after I'm done...Go to the salon, money wasted because hair is sweated out the next day...Going to have to spend more money to get braids...So now I can see why a lot of black women don't wan to deal with working out...

Or you could go natural :flowerforyou:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    And I do think a lot of western culture confuses what fat is, sometimes. I mean, come on, people call KK fat. No wonder there's anorexia everywhere and women complaining about their 'fat *kitten*' when it's as concave as ****.

Despite being half white, that's something I've never understood about white culture.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    WOW! Allow me to retort..lol. First of all I don't want my woman to be skinny OR overweight. I would like for her to be athletically shaped with nice boobs and a round behind. it IS true most brothas want a woman with a Kim Kardashian butt. I think it's in our DNA. you know how a dog acts when he sees a squirrel? That's how black guys act when they see a Kim K booty! LMAO!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just want to chime in that ever since I've lost weight I get negative feedback from a lot of black men as well as many of my family members. A lot of the time they tell me I need to eat or that I lost my best assets ect. , but I'm not sure how white men would view my body before and after so I can't speak for them. They will say you still look good but I prefer your old body. Most black guys I know do like their women thicker, not fat just shapely (the typical stereotype of a slim waist, thick thighs, big butt, and big boobs).
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    it IS true most brothas want a woman with a Kim Kardashian butt. I think it's in our DNA. you know how a dog acts when he sees a squirrel? That's how black guys act when they see a Kim K booty! LMAO!
    Not just black guys... Love that Kim K *kitten*. :love:
  • bigdogc23
    bigdogc23 Posts: 66
    Options
    I like women just about any way they come. I like em' tall, short, skinny, thick, not curvy, curvy etc. I have heard some of my black male friends tell me they don't like skinny women but then again I've heard other friends of different race to include white say the same thing...

What's my type?= 100% woman

I just like women period....
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just curious so don't crucify me, but could this whole debate really begin with the advertising media? There are many times more white models in media that define what white men supposedly want while black men rely more on the real-world sizes and shapes of black women? Maybe black men are just more accepting of typical women while white men are more focused on Victoria Secret model frames? Just curious... :smile:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i do think that as a culture, most black people do prefer "curvy" to "non curvy"... i'm not saying skinny or fat... i'm saying "curvy" :wink: i know my husband would be very unhappy if i lost my curves!!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Your question is definitely legit. I've noticed since losing 50 lbs since my journey began the amount of white men who approach me has tripled. Some even ask to join me in the gym. While black men continue to tell me not to lose another pound. Go figure! :glasses:
  • ahodge0502
    ahodge0502 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    in my experience during my weight loss, i have seen an increase in white men being interested in me compared to black men. My ex who is black, commented that he preferred me with more weight. which was shocking to me. however I'm very happy with my weight and my athletic physique. oh well, whatever floats your boat, i suppose
  • 2Dimples1Queen
    Options
    I'm from the Deep South ....I'll just leave it at that before I get in trouble :D