May Move Your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Also, where's Speedy?

Running I guess ...

Nearly halfway through May. Over 60 people are within reach of their goals, 5 people have moved over 105 miles, all together we move over 200 miles every single day . Very balanced, very solid performances this month :flowerforyou:

Ran 30 minutes and cycled another 30 mins this afternoon. According to the plan I now run 3 mins : walk 1 min and I'm supposed to increase this to 4:1 next week, to 5:1 the week after and so on until I I manage to run for a whole hour in 8:1 intervals. Similar to the c25k program, only it allows for walking breaks. I know for sure that my travelling will interfere but it's good to have a plan.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Dino wrote:
    Ran 30 minutes and cycled another 30 mins this afternoon. According to the plan I now run 3 mins : walk 1 min and I'm supposed to increase this to 4:1 next week, to 5:1 the week after and so on until I I manage to run for a whole hour in 8:1 intervals. Similar to the c25k program, only it allows for walking breaks. I know for sure that my travelling will interfere but it's good to have a plan.

What program are you following? Is it bridge to 10K?
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Dino wrote:

Yeah, what plan? Inquiring minds need to know. Seriously, I just proposed a plan similar to what you're doing to my wife. (She brought it up, this wasn't one of those stupid husband comments that get me in trouble.) If there is a plan out there that she can follow, that would be so much easier than me trying to put one together.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Dino wrote:

It's this: http://www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingprograms/10wtp.pdf
    Excellent, excellent document
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So far.... Sat 1 mile, Sun 2.5 miles, today pedometer says (I found it in the pocket of my running jacket!) 0.6 of a mile (thats what a desk job does for me - bad day really)

Tomorrow (my poorly son is with his grandparents so...) long walk before breakfast, walk to an appt at 10am, brisk walk at lunchtime and hopefully that should clock up at least 5 miles.
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    .. 5 mile run this evening (ticker updated)! Almost in the middle of the month and almost half way to goal! Can't decide if that is a good or a bad thing :smile:

exercise.png
  • Breezedew
    Breezedew Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    5/10/12: 1 mile Half run have walk (Kickball w/pedometer)
    5/11/12: 12.2 miles (8.2 inside bike, 4 miles biking the trail)
    5/12/12: 8 miles (6 biking the trail, 2 miles walking)
    5/13/12; 0 miles moved Youth Group… no miles, just a lot of hard work
    5/14/12: 15 miles~! Yahoo! 9 Recumbent, 4 biking on the trail, 2 walking

Ticker Updated! YAHOO! I'M FINALLY IN THE BLUE!!!!

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    3.3 miles run/walk

exercise.png
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Goal: 90 miles

Completed today (5/14) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone WATP 4 Mile Challenge)

Total completed – 40 miles

Left to complete – 50 miles
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I will post more info when I have more time and am not tired! Good job EVERYBODY![

url=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight_loss_diet_forum]weight loss forum[/url] today for free weight loss support!
    2f7706cb932173b.gif
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    2 mile run & 4 mike bike today

exercise.png
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    3.29 miles on Monday ... forgot to post before going to bed, but can't sleep so I'm posting now.

40.291 miles down and 19.709 miles to go. Just made it past the 2/3 mark for the month.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    15 May 8 kms
    Total 103.97
    Ticker updated

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    889e202e70a406f.gif
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Options

exercise.png

Got in 3.1 miles running yesterday
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ticker update. I slacked off for a few days but I'm still making good progress toward my goal.

exercise.png
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    The last five people to post - Leanz, foxbat, Heidi, thinktank, and SlackerMommy are all past the halfway point - you all are killing it! Way to go!!! :drinker:

Adding 4.5 miles to my total - couldn't quite get to the halfway mark myself, so sorry to ruin the string you had going. :embarassed:

exercise.png
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    4.07 on the elliptical today.

44.361 miles down and 15.639 to get to my goal.
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Managed to get 2 miles in babywearing a 3 month old and pushing the 20 month old in the stroller!

Total walked so far: 6 miles.
    Goal: 30 miles:
    To go: 24 miles
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options

exercise.png

Another walk with Mom and Cookie for 2.53 miles