Options
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    mid to upper 40's
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 60. At my biggest and most out of shape there were times I couldn't get it under 100.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    From 50 - 60 BPM.

Looking at the post it seems like this isn't too low ;-).

Wondering what target heart rate should be and if 160 is too high to reach during a workout?

At 85% your heart rate would be 154
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

I need to check mine again I was 40 pounds heavier when I took my pulse befor getting up out of bed.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    oh nooo thought mine was good at 70-80 resting :noway:

It does get up to 171 when working out my max HR is 180 :happy:

Yikes how do you get it to 40-50 :bigsmile:
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 40-45 consistently when I'm just sitting around.
  • des02_
    des02_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine is decreasing. In Feb it was mid 70s, Mar/Apr mid 60s and so far in May high 50s.
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    average 55 but anywhere from 48-60
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    48-54...depends on how much caffeine I had that day... :drinker:
  • georgedarling
    georgedarling Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    88-90 but I have started a walking program. I will be glad if it goes down. Thanks for those who shared this info.
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    how are people so low? by resting do you actually mean sleeping? because sitting down i am around 70s...

I was thinking the same! I'm shocked by all the low end resting heart rates. Mine is around 75 sitting and in the 90s if I'm standing at all. I'm a healthy weight and have very good blood pressure, no health problems. I think some of it is genetics--the people with low heart rates are the ones that want to post, I guess!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    it all has to do with cardiovascular health...like I had said earlier...mine used to be around mid 90's resting, and is now low 50's resting!!! That is the diff of NEVER working out, to now doing cardio exercise at LEAST 5 times/week for over a year straight!!! The more conditioned your heart is, the less it needs to beat to get your blood circulating :) Just keep up with the cardio, and healthy diet, and yours should go down too :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    45 this morning.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    it all has to do with cardiovascular health...like I had said earlier...mine used to be around mid 90's resting, and is now low 50's resting!!! That is the diff of NEVER working out, to now doing cardio exercise at LEAST 5 times/week for over a year straight!!! The more conditioned your heart is, the less it needs to beat to get your blood circulating :) Just keep up with the cardio, and healthy diet, and yours should go down too :)
    This can't be right.. and i have been told i have anxiety that might be it
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    around 70
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    how are people so low? by resting do you actually mean sleeping? because sitting down i am around 70s...

thats what i'm screaming dude...i'm in shape..i run 5k's and workout like a fiend..i lift weights blah blah..i'm in shape and my resting is always around 70s...when i run it gets up to about 150-160ish..
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Resting heart rate is, by definition, your heart rate on waking. If you can't measure it then, then it's your heart rate once you've laying about for a while.

My sitting about heart rate is about 50-60 (depending on what I'm doing). Resting heart rate is, as I said, about 45.