Ladies, Hair washing

Options
Sometimes I will go to the gym 2 times a day.... I always wash my hair after, but I know that washing so many times is not good for your hair. Stripping the natural oils.

My question... do you ladies wash your hair after every workout?

Replies

• RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    Nope I generally wash my hair every other day, sometime 2 days but I dry shampoo in between washings.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Every other day... if im feeling really sweaty then once a day... failing that... dry shampoo!!!! :laugh:
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every other day, unless I have sweat like a disgusting animal. My husband thinks it's gross, but I don't care!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    definitely invest in some dry shampoo. If I get grossly sweaty though I will wash it but if my workout was more low impact I will skip washing if I can!
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! So funny you brought this up. I was thinking that i might cut a lot off of my hair. It is very thick, curly and to the middle of my back. I am drenched at the end of a workout and it takes me like 15-20 minutes to wash my hair while in the shower and probably another 5 just brushing it out after...............I don't really want to cut it, but all this exercise makes it gross and sweaty!!!!
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    I wash mine every other day as well. Dry shampoo is always a good thang
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    ....Doesn't dry shampoo also remove natural oils
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo & use a boar brush to brush down the oils throughout the rest of the hair.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    No, I go mostly in the evenings, so if I had washed it the day before, I will wait until the following morning.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    No I usually only wash it after 2 work outs. I hate washing my hair every day. Makes it feel very dry.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Nope I generally wash my hair every other day, sometime 2 days but I dry shampoo in between washings.

THIS!! Dry shampoo is DA BOMB!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If I only lift weight and don't sweat too much, I'll use dry shampoo (Lush!!) and just put my hair in a ponytail... but sometimes, it's just impossible not to wash my hair after a sweaty workout. So I usually wash it 5-6x a week, I have super long hair so it's a little annoying but otherwise it would be gross :/
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My hair is super oily, I have got to wash it every day or I become an oil slick :(

I am so jealous of all of you who don't have to...I wish!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of dry shampoo, where do I get that? I try to wash every other day but it can get pretty gross with sweat.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Dove makes a great dry shampoo - the only one that actually worked in my fine hair.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I have this problem, too. I HAVE to wash my hair after my workouts. I'm sure that's why my hair is so dry now. I was a Wen girl for a long time, which was great, but they screwed up the billing too many times and I had to stop using them -- they charged my card twice for each shipment. ARGH! No, thanks!

Anyway, I try to use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners and once a week I use a 30 minute leave-in conditioner.

Let me know if you find a product htat helps! :drinker:
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Depends... I have super oily skin (and scalp) so I can afford to wash mine pretty much everyday. But I try to skip a day or two between washing.
  • rachiech13
    rachiech13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Washing fades my hair colour so IF i HAVE to shower, I will just wet it and not wash til the next day and then use some leave in conditioner.
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have oily hair that requires me to wash it everyday. I go to the gym at night though so I just wait until my morning shower. Gross but I don't care. :tongue:
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    I find if I keep my hair well pulled back while working out I can
    swing not doing it right after each time however I still jump in the shower and
    rinse off just keeping my hair dry.