Ladies, Hair washing

Options

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Every other day... if im feeling really sweaty then once a day... failing that... dry shampoo!!!! :laugh:

That's what I do, normally I do everyday because my hair is horrid if I go a day without washing it. Than on days I work out I make sure I shower the morning after. I mean sweat in my hair overnight isn't going to kill it lol.

Never heard of or used dry shampoo though lol
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replies!!! looks like I am going to have to invest in some dry shampoo, thanks for the tip!!! it's all psychological to me, i just get that "ill" feeling, you know.

Any recommendations on a particular dry shampoo? I typically use salon style regular shampoo & conditioner.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I only wash it after pool workouts if I need to, but I usually go 2-3 days in between washings. I have no idea what "dry shampoo" is but it just sounds like someone got fancy about it and re-marketed the baby powder trick. Anyway, even if I get sweaty, I have to feel like it's really gross before I'll wash it... I also rarely use brushes, and I don't heat treat or anything like that, as well as condition only 1-2 times a week.

Yeah, I'm weird, but my hair is awesome ;D
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i dont ever use shampoo it gives me zits on my scalp
  • Shandril
    Shandril Posts: 36
    Options
    No I usually only wash it after 2 work outs. I hate washing my hair every day. Makes it feel very dry.

Same here. I only washed it 3 times a week before I started working out ... now I do every 2nd or 3rd day. I have very long, thick hair that is wicked dry.
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser friend told me once thats its the shampoo thich is bad for the hair, so i shampoo and condition every other day and then condition everyday. I cant go in the shower and not do my hair somehow!

xx
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I need to wash my hair every morning and as I hardly ever work out in the morning I will often give it a second wash, or at least a quick rinse though, after a workout. My hair drips when I've worked hard :blushing: Good shampoo and conditioner will leave it in better condition than before you wash it, not stripped.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every couple of days. Might sound gross, but it's so much better for your hair. I use a dry shampoo on my off days, and just let my hair "air out" after a workout if it's not a "wash" day.

Plus it takes me like a million years to wash my hair because it's really long and thick, so it's just kind of a pain in the rear to wash it every day.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every other day or every two days. Workouts that end up being super sweatier than normal will cause me to break my cycle and wash earlier than planned. Really, your body adjusts to your natural oils...the more you wash the more oils your body wants to produce to make up for what is being washed away. Thats not good. I have a friend (he is a boy) who onl;y washes his hair once a week and his looks better than mine! I have not been brave enough to try that!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I get my hair wet and recondition it, but I don't shampoo after every workout. Usually the warm water in the shower is enough to rinse out any sweat and the conditioner detangles my hair and makes it smooth and fresh smelling.

I tried dry shampoo, but it actually made me feel dirtier! haha
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have naturally curly hair that looks disgusting if I don't shower daily. I condition only every other day and shampoo & condition on the alternating days. The conditioner not only helps moisturize my hair, but it helps get the tangles out since I can't brush my hair like people with straight hair can.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I try to do every other day as well, but sometimes it gets to be too much, even with dry shampoo. I have the tresemme one and the suave with keratin one. The tresemme works so much better; the suave just feels like hairspray is in your hair. :/
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every other day. I've tried everyday before, it just drys out.
    I don't really sweat loads at the gym though, obviously I sweat somewhat, but my hair is tied right back off my neck so it isn't really affected.
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My hair is super oily, I have got to wash it every day or I become an oil slick :(

I am so jealous of all of you who don't have to...I wish!

^^This
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    My hair is super oily, I have got to wash it every day or I become an oil slick :(

I am so jealous of all of you who don't have to...I wish!

Me too! I have to wash mine everyday.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i usually wash it every other day, and like others have said, i use dry shampoo when i don't wash it :)
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    I've never heard of dry shampoo, where do I get that? I try to wash every other day but it can get pretty gross with sweat.

I use the Suave Professionals brand and it works awesome, I have naturally oily hair but with the dry shampoo I can go easily two days without washing it (usually I only use it on the second day)
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evenings after work and I sweat A LOT so I absolutely have to take a shower when I get home.
    So once a day. Since I have long hair, it can get really dry and damaged washing it everyday so I use a lot of conditioner.
    As well as a spray conditioner and de-tangler after towel-drying; I find this cuts down on excessive damage.

Dry shampoo doesn't really work for me, it just gives me a lot of build up and makes my color look dingy.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Depends. For example, I washed it yesterday morning, slept all day cuz I was sick so I didn't wash it this morning. But tonight after doing the eliptical I will be soaked and have to wash it. Then tomorrow I won't wash it at all since I won't be working out, then Thursday morning I will have to or it will be too oily. I guess it averages to 5-6 x per week.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I wash it every day that I work out so 4-5 days a week. Dry Shampoo shows on my hair because it's dark.