Ladies, Hair washing

Options

Replies

• insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My hair gets gross after working out. To avoid using shampoo everyday I spray in leave in conditioner beforehand and just rinse it afterwards. My hair is doing better than the rest of me!

I like this idea!!!! thanks :smile:
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I wash every other day--keeps my curls healthy + not dried out.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    no I don't. i wash my hair every other day.
  • michelleranee
    michelleranee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair everyday. I have for years.
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I wash mine twice a day. My workouts are sweat dripping on the floor, hair stuck to my head disgusting grossness...

I use a leave in conditioner in the mornings and don't seem to have a problem with my hair drying out. So until it starts to fall out--I'll be washing the sweat out.

^^ this I have to I cant stand leaving the sweat in my hair makes me feel gross

I am in the same boat! My hair is soaked after running!
  • jeawashko
    jeawashko Posts: 40
    Options
    What most people don't realize is that the more you wash your hair the more oily it will get!! When your constantly stripping your hair of its natural oils it increases the amount produced, therefore resulting in your oily hair! As hard as it might sound, try not washing your hair as much for awhile and I'll bet anything you'll begin to produce less oil.

this is absolutely true. i used to do hair. and i used to be the same way-- my hair was so oily after like 1 day. now i wash my hair once every 2-3 days... and definitely not after i workout! i just let it air dry then throw some dry shampoo in, or get it damp and blow dry it again. but it's definitely true that your hair has to get USED to not being washed- you have to have a break in period. i remember about 5 years ago when i started washing my hair less i litearlly didn't wash it for a week- it was so gross. i just kept putting it in a pony tail, getting it wet, wearing hats, etc. but if you can build up to washing it less, the less oily it will be eventually! swear!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My hair is super oily, I have got to wash it every day or I become an oil slick :(

I am so jealous of all of you who don't have to...I wish!

This is me too! I wash it everyday, but I usually do in the morning. My pillow isn't the cleanest after a PM workout... :noway: :tongue:
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every day. usually When I wake up and then after the gym at night. On occasion I may not wash in the AM if my hair is still wet from the night before, but I usually feel fresher if I wash my hair in the AM.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I dont really sweat...hair doesnt get gross. I usually wash my hair twice a week. No matter how hard I work out..the worst that will happen is I get a bit moist...
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I have to wash my hair everyday because otherwise its not manageable, but I don't wash it more than once a day. Sometimes its every other day, depending on what I want to do with my hair.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair twice per week and workout 4-5x in that week. I don't really find that my hair smells bad after working out though...
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I am a dripping, disgusting mess after a workout and I was scared it would be revolting.

... so I tested it on my hubby! I trust him to tell me if I'm stinky! *laugh*

Honestly, though, I found my hair easier to style and it's so much healthier now. I have always had super oily skin, so I was really convinced that I'd be disgusting if I didn't wash it daily. I've done some experimenting over the years, though, and now I only actually wash it with shampoo every few weeks, on average, and condition maybe 2x/ week.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wash every morning and after every workout, but I don't blowdry or flat iron or anything.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I sweat from my head a ton (gross, I know!), so I usually do, but sometimes I just rinse it really well and condition, or use a leave in conditioner.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I am not the only fan of dry shampoo.....I hate to wash my hair!!
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    This is going to sound bad, but I have naturally curly hair that is always super dry...so I limit washing as much as possible. If I get a good sweat on, then my hair is usually looking its best right afterwards because the oils take away the dryness lol Now that being said, I dont usually go longer than 3 days without washing.
  • rudey1309
    rudey1309 Posts: 6
    Options
    I only wash it after pool workouts if I need to, but I usually go 2-3 days in between washings. I have no idea what "dry shampoo" is but it just sounds like someone got fancy about it and re-marketed the baby powder trick. Anyway, even if I get sweaty, I have to feel like it's really gross before I'll wash it... I also rarely use brushes, and I don't heat treat or anything like that, as well as condition only 1-2 times a week.

Yeah, I'm weird, but my hair is awesome ;D

You got it - It basiclally Talc in Bottle. Works wonders though
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If I don't wash my hair daily it gets really oily :(
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every other day, unless I have sweat like a disgusting animal. My husband thinks it's gross, but I don't care!

Ditto!!!!
  • SEEotU
    SEEotU Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wash mine every other day. I use dry shampoo, or if I get really sweaty, rinse it out in the shower.