WARNING: TOUCHING THAT RECEIPT IS MAKING YOU FAT

Options

Replies

• shicken684
    shicken684 Posts: 36
    Options
    Yeah, I think I will wait for a peer reviewed scientific study to be published before avoiding all these dangers.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing how many people feel the need to be snide. Including the poster who made the obnoxious "sitting on your *kitten*" comment. And to the person who thinks lass water bottles are a bad idea, check out lifefactory.com or takeya's water bottles. Both come with protective sleeves in case you drop them.

I can't believe you're surprised.

Your title is WARNING: TOUCHING THAT RECEIPT IS MAKING YOU FAT. What do you honestly expect? Of all the things contributing to people's weight gain, I hardly believe receipt ink to be a major contributing factor.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing how many people feel the need to be snide. Including the poster who made the obnoxious "sitting on your *kitten*" comment. And to the person who thinks lass water bottles are a bad idea, check out lifefactory.com or takeya's water bottles. Both come with protective sleeves in case you drop them.

Where does one find a protective sleeve for a Mason jar?

I'm guessing Duct tape.:laugh:
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Seriously, who, gives, a sh#@.

My sentiments exactly.
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the posts, but I suspect the only time the receipt is making me fat is when it's loaded with things like fast food burgers and fries, candy, chips and so forth. But I'm sure you're right that there are a lot of environmental nasties out there that are wreaking havoc with our systems.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think I will wait for a peer reviewed scientific study to be published before avoiding all these dangers.
    There are some studies out there already but I believe they are in rat models
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

But I had no idea about the receipts or the liner in pizza boxes! It will be interesting to see if there is more research done.

YES!!! I'll never order pizza for delivery again! I'll just eat it there so I don't get fat :)

Lmao :laugh:

hahaha!
  • Shollin243
    Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Judging by the title I thought this thread was a joke or satire. I wasn't aware it was serious.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If you're eating enough pizza to get fat from the lining, or microwaving enough food in plastic containers that you're going to get fat or sick ... then the BPA isn't really the problem ...
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Judging by the title I thought this thread was a joke or satire. I wasn't aware it was serious.

It's not.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    They will say / tell us anything but eating unhealthy is what made / makes us fat.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Cure for obesity. Dine and dash

HAHAHAHA! :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Not to be all serious and junk... but, my husband and I were discussing this (he is a materials engineer... mainly IN plastics) and the group that did the original studies on BPA (which has been around since at least the 30's) are linked to another plastics manufacturer... so yeah, the results might be just a bit biased.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    There are some studies out there already but I believe they are in rat models
    Yes, there have been mice studies done. They have yet to actually find any evidence in human studies. Tests show similar amounts in the blood and liver of human subjects that were tested (compared to bodyweight) as the mice studies, but none of the negative effects have been seen.
  • tofinochris
    Options

But I had no idea about the receipts or the liner in pizza boxes! It will be interesting to see if there is more research done.

YES!!! I'll never order pizza for delivery again! I'll just eat it there so I don't get fat :)

Here I thought I was being clever by eating the box when all my friends were eating the pizza. Joke's on me! :(

Edit: Oh the ticket still thinks I'm 205. Isn't that cute. And a lie. I guess it doesn't update straight away (212).
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this information. My husband has always maintained that our doom will be environmental........not terrorism from other countries, etc. I had never heard this before........I feel sometimes like I am surrounded by poison.......and I am guessing this is why we have had such increase in cancers! Thank you again for sharing intelligent and relavant information. Dyanna
    p.s. and to all the bullies on this thread/board.......if you don't like it.........just go away!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    As it is a virus its obviously easily spread which means you can literally catch weight-gain/obesity off of other ill obese people.
    OMG! ROUND UP AND QUARANTINE THE FATTIES!
    Oh no...I CAUGHT FAT!!!
    No, you caught the HOT DAMN MAMI virus.

Thank God!!! I don't know what cures fat, but the "Hot Damn Mami" virus can be appropriately handled with a prescription of more cowbell.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this information. My husband has always maintained that our doom will be environmental........not terrorism from other countries, etc. I had never heard this before........I feel sometimes like I am surrounded by poison.......and I am guessing this is why we have had such increase in cancers! Thank you again for sharing intelligent and relavant information. Dyanna
    p.s. and to all the bullies on this thread/board.......if you don't like it.........just go away!

I'm sorry you think criticizing pseudoscience being skeptical is bullying. Not everything that sounds scientific is intelligent or relevant information.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I want to avoid the OP's gym. Cuts from the broken glass of her water bottle would make me angry.

THIS! I'm surprised that a gym allows glass water bottles.

Our doesn't. But if anybody actually is concerned about BPAs and what not, they do make BPA free plastic water bottles, I have a pink one :)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I want to avoid the OP's gym. Cuts from the broken glass of her water bottle would make me angry.

THIS! I'm surprised that a gym allows glass water bottles.

Our doesn't. But if anybody actually is concerned about BPAs and what not, they do make BPA free plastic water bottles, I have a pink one :)

most sippy cups are BPA free as well. :smile: