How far do you travel to go to the gym and workout???

Options
kr1ssy23
kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
Just wondering how long of a drive you do to get to the gym to workout? Me and my brother drive about 30mins away currently and some people look at us like we are crazy...but its the cheapest gym we could find.

Replies

• fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have the Gold's gym in Seattle. I take a bus in (about 20 min) to go to work. Then after the gym I have to walk five blocks (about 15 min) to work from there. I usually stay in my workout shoes because my feet are in pain with heels.
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It takes me 20 minutes to get to my gym.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I live out in the country so I don't use a gym. The great outdoors is my workout. lol For swimming, before I open my own pool, I drive about 20 miles. I also drive to places to walk or jog.. some of them10- 40 minutes to 2 hours away for a change of scenery.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Down one flight of stairs to the basement, or two flights if I am on the top floor of the house. I have a home gym.
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    5 minutes on the bike.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I walk 4 blocks to my regular gym and 20 to my crossfit box.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i walk 4 blocks
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate, mine is about a 7 minute walk from my home. That was the main reason I chose it - I don't really like to exercise and I knew that if it wasn't really close and walking distance that I would never go.
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I go to LA Fitness & there's one that's like 5 min away. It's literally down the street from me. But I only go to that one for my training sessions once a week. My sister, who lives 15-20 min away from me has an LA Fitness down the street from her & I use that one about 3-4 days a week. Reason is I pick up my niece from school, so I hang out at her house until I go to the gym at 4 (that's when the kids club opens), then by the time I'm done, my brother in law is home. So I drop my niece off. It limits the amount of driving back & forth that I have to do.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate, mine is about a 7 minute walk from my home. That was the main reason I chose it - I don't really like to exercise and I knew that if it wasn't really close and walking distance that I would never go.

This! Mine is on my route home from work. If I had to make a special effort I wouldn't bother.
  • Fairlady1964
    Fairlady1964 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It takes me 20 minutes and is on my way to work. No excuses not to go!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is pretty much on my commute to work in the morning. Adds maybe five minutes to what I would be driving anyway, so very convenient.
  • borpy
    borpy Posts: 38
    Options
    my gym is a 45 minute walk away. I walk there and walk back.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    2.5 km - and I either Run there, or ride my bike... so that I don't have to 'waste' time doing cardio to warm-up before I hit the weights ;)
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    About 5 minutes away, and I pass by it going to and from work. No excuses!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    22 miles... (about 25 minutes or so). It is a couple of towns over but there is no gym in Podunk. One of the best investments we have made though... You have to go to that town to get anything anyway... so we were going there 4-5 times a week regardless.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Cheapest gym you could find ... but how much are you paying in gas to get there??? My gym is 5 minutes up the street and I pay $20/month, no contract. Try a Y or rec center!
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    I don't. I either run around my neighborhood and surrounding area or do exercise off the TV the fitness/exercise section. Always changing it up I do about anything: Kickboxing, Interval Strength training, Plyometrics Tabata, Tabata Intervals, Pilates, and Yoga. I even have tried some dance workouts on them but usually I can't get into them. I would like to try some Zumba though.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 1.25 miles away from my home. I walk, take the bus, or drive depending on if I have something to do after.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I put on my fuzzy bunny slippers and climb over the sea of dogs to head for my living room!! YAY I hated going to the gym! LOVE my P90X