Exercise and breast size

Options
2»

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Weight loss can have a major impact on a woman's breast size. If your breast size is due to fat you will see a decrease as you loose weight. If your size is due to mammary tissue, you will not see all that much of a reduction.

When you work your chest and back muscles you will also give your breasts a more lifted appearance.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I would love mine (36D) to get a cup smaller and a few inches higher..lol

Stupid gravity!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If your breasts are more fat than mammary tissue, losing weight will reduce their size. If they are mostly mammary tissue, they won't get much smaller no matter what you do. Strengthening your pectorals will make them a bit perkier, though.
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree with one of the first responses: I don't think there are exercises that would reduce breast size, only weight loss would do that. My personal experience so far has been going from a 42F to a 38DD so far. Small reduction in cup size, more significant reduction in band size.

However, I've seen a lot of different experiences in this area -- some women lose significant cup size, and some don't at all. There must be genetics at work here!

Logically, you'd expect to lose "SOME" with weight loss, since breast tissue is basically fat. I see you are trying to lose a few pounds, so maybe you should wait till you achieve that goal, and then see where you're at?
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wide push ups or light weight high rep bench press will increase muscle tone in that area. It will give you a lift and will usually along with cardio decrease cup size while increasing defination and perkiness. Flat bench, Incline press, and decline press.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    When I started my weight loss journey, I was a 42 DD. Now, I'm about a 36/38 C/D (depending on the bra). All from losing 20-30 pounds :)
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am very busty as well. I have learned several things.

You can't exercise away genetics, so under the fat, there is still a busty woman (just maybe a little less busty).

Buy an Enell bra. It is the only bra I have ever tried that keeps me absolutely still and pain free (even when running). I spent hundreds of dollars on others and they are fine for some things, just not "bouncy" things. I always thought I could never run, but here I am all signed up for my first 5K!

As you begin getting fit, try adding a weight training component with some focus on the chest muscles. A couple of dumbbells would be a good investment. As I have lost a few pounds (only 14 so far), I have lost in my bust. Not sure your situation, but my 34 year old boobs were pregnant or lactating for 6 years straight, so I am absolutely seeing the "deflation" look. I think having a nice chest under the boobs goes a long way in clothes.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it's in the genetics as the women on both my mother's and father's side are chesty. I was a D cup by the time I was 15 and now after 2 children they are at a 38DDD. Oh and I'm only 5'1". =( I will give it some time and see what happens.

I think you've got it right with this. See what happens after you've lost the weight. If you still need to get them reduced then, you might be able to tie it in with a lift and deal with any loose skin at the same time.
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Agreed! The Enell bra is amazing! I call it my straight jacket because they don't move, even when I run! Weight gain and loss affect everyone different. I have friends who have gone down a cup size or two with weight loss, but even when I lost 30 pounds previously doing alot of exercise, my breast size stayed the same.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Whether you lose cup sizes from diet and exercise depends on how much of your breasts are fat. I dropped band size but not cup size, but I've seen numerous posts from those losing several cups sizes. I would suggest doing pushups, chest flies (or whatever they are called) and other exercises that work the chest muscle to keep them firm as you lose, but exercise won't target fat loss so to lose fat in the breasts, you just have to lose fat overall.
  • Sweet_Pea_82
    Sweet_Pea_82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Weight loss can have a major impact on a woman's breast size. If your breast size is due to fat you will see a decrease as you loose weight. If your size is due to mammary tissue, you will not see all that much of a reduction.

When you work your chest and back muscles you will also give your breasts a more lifted appearance.

^so true--I was a 40KK and no amount of excersise was getting rid of them. I did a reduction in 2010 and even though the first four to five weeks were rough it was all worth it when I went into a regular store on Jan 1 2011 and bought 8 bras of all different colors in a 38DD. Good luck on your journey!
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    How about you just give me some of yours and we'll call it good?! That's a win-win!

As for exercises that could help reduce, when you do upper body, I'd really focus on bench press, military press, incline/decline press, chest flyes, etc. And when I say focus, I mean make sure you work these in if you can and when performing the movements, really tune in to the contraction and movement itself. Losing weight will help over all to reduce cup size, for sure!

If building muscle burns fat, I would expect these to do some good. Rock on and good luck!!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I' m a 34H.I've always had big boobs, like my Mum. I haven't lost any off my boobs since I've lost weight. Nor the band size. I would dearly love to! My problem is, as I've gotten slimer, my boobs look bigger than ever! My partner doesn't complain though!! :wink: The trick is a really good supportive bra no matter what size you are!
  • shellie1206
    shellie1206 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    when I was my smallest size 4 years ago I was a 36 dd as I started gaining weight I went to a 38 ddd than when I got pregnant and was 8 months went to go get sized and than I was a 42 F now a year later and lost 19 pds I went to go get sized again and gained more boob 38 G. I am confused as I lost weight and gained a bigger cup size. Dont get it. But I am getting a breast reduction when I am at my goal weight :)
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i was huge (well, for my frame) i was 42DDD and after losing weight, i am now a B cup. there are no exercises that i did specific to losing on my chest, but when the weight came off, that's where it dropped!
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    When I gained 30 lbs. I went from a C to a very full D.

So I'm guessing if I lose 30 ill go back to a C.

I was a D cup from 15-22. After I nursed my son for a year I lost some of it.

I'm not really sure why that happened, but its a little disappointing since I like being busty.
  • countrygirlatheart0717
    countrygirlatheart0717 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yep for me anyways. The girls are usually the first thing to go! lol I wouldn't mine going back to a full C versus a triple C. Reminds me, I need to get a better sports bra.

I recommend the Enell sports bra - IT IS THE BEST SPORTS BRA EVER!!!!! I am a 38H and it's the ONLY sports bra that is VERY supportive, holds the girls in place, and you're not in pain when you run.
  • rcbeck99
    rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the info and advice. I am hoping they will get smaller/firmer/more lifted as I lose weight and get in shape.
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know if exercise affects breast size. I'm a pretty chesty woman and would LOVE to be smaller but I am hesitant to go under the knife for a reduction. I've had some people tell me that exercising will help and I've been doing that now for a little over 2 weeks. If it does help, are there specific exercises I can be doing? Right now I am simply working out at home just about every day to Debbie Siebers' Slim in 6 video and doing some walking in the mornings. Thanks for any input!
    I honestly think it is diffrent for everone. A good friend of mine lost 70 pounds and was a 42G and is now a 34D! They are not as perky as she would like but they are not such a pain like before.