You face looks too thin......

Options
If you continue to lose more weight, you will look older!! Are you sure you eat enough? You have to be close to your stopping point? Dont you think you are already thin enough?? I think you should worry more about maintaining then losing more!! You will start to look sickly!! Oh, I know you won't eat this, because of you DIET!! Blah Blah. This is all within the last five days from family, friends, co-workers. I really get sick of hearing this consistently from certain people. First of all, I am not on a DIET, I am on a life style change and I choose to eat healthier and not gorge on food all the time. I am 39 years old, 5'2" tall and weight 138.5lbs. I would not consider myself TOO THIN. I have a goal of reaching the a healthy BMI for my size. Which I would consider 125lbs would reach that goal for me. I am going to the Dr on Monday to get my BMI tested at my current weight to get an idea at were I stand, since I tend to run on the more muscular side then most people, (have all my life). I have loss 39.5 lbs since January (From my heaviest it more like 46.5lbs). I am super Proud of myself . It has taken alot of hard work and determination to get to this point. Just wish certain people in my life were my supportive. :-(. I can say that my Husband is not one of the above and is extremely supportive. Must of this is coming from my Mom and Sisters.

Has anyone else experienced the same situations?

Replies

• ImaKnitter67
    Options
    One word for your commenters, honey. Jealousy.

You are doing a great thing for your health, and you just keep on keepin' on! :flowerforyou:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    "Thanks for the concern, but my weight loss isn't really up for discussion."
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

this!
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Mostly from my mom, but she thinks it's okay to gain 5 pounds every 5 or so years as we get older. Drives me nuts.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    :smooched: DANG! Great job losing the weight!! Don't give up and just keep on with your bad self! That's really awesome and I kinda figured those comments mostly (if not all) came from other women. Don't listen, don't care, just do this to be happy and healthy!! You'll glow and they will start to ask why... then how... then if you think they could do the same!
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    See my profile picture
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    OMG... I think we are related !! I get this same damn thing.. Frustrating as hell !!! I know exactly how you feel.. Heard it numerous time.. mom.. sister.. I sooo understand this. Pisses me off... I was once " Too big.. heavy " Now they say I am " Too skinny " WTF ? Sorry to rant on your post.. but this gets me boiling. I am 134 lbs.. And me too.. at a healthy weight according to BMI charts.. so I say F Off ! Woo.. That is better.. got that off my chest.. lol.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I sense a little green eyed monster.

take it as a compliment, they are jealous of your success...

To be honest, I'm a little jealous, no one seems to notice my weight loss :sad:
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Tell them "i hear you can't be too rich or too thin...I am now working on the rich, pardon me"
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    One word for your commenters, honey. Jealousy.

You are doing a great thing for your health, and you just keep on keepin' on! :flowerforyou:

AGREED!!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My first personal trainer was like that.. I'd tell him I'd lost another pound or w/e, and he'd be like OMG are you even eating... and then he'd ask what I'm eating and I'd tell him and he'd yell at me for cancling out our training efforts by eating things that aren't totally healthy. So glad he's no longer at my gym and my current trainer enjoys cookies as much as I do!

I'm 5'9, 151 and wearing a size 4.. so just tell those people to f-off and worry about themselves.
  • beanerific518
    beanerific518 Posts: 152
    Options
    i just tell 'em that I'm a work in progress cuz I wanna look good in a bikini someday!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    It just opens up the door for you to tell them their *kitten* are too wide.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I hear it every day. I have stopped telling people how much more I intend to lose, because that just brings on those comments. Frustrating, to say the least. :grumble:
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Yes. especially from my mom. Two of my sisters are dead from the complications of obesity, so they can no longer cririsize me. I love the me I am now.
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yep, heard that too from my family. "You are already thin enough, you gonna look sick if you loose more." That was with 175 lbs. I told them ok, and kept on loosing to get to my goal of 150.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    This is an article that I saw on line from health.com, and since this topic has been discussed several times in the forums, I though worthy of posting.

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20589779,00.html
  • leahlynn1991
    Options

AGREED ^^
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on your success - and it seems your goals are realistic and attainable - not underweight or anything like that. Second, we're the same height and weight! :flowerforyou:
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    "I am 39 years old, 5'2" tall and weight 138.5lbs. I would not consider myself TOO THIN."

YES, YES, and YES!!! I am also 5'2" and I currently weigh 129. When I was at 138 I was getting those same comments from my family. They looked at me like I was crazy when I said I wanted to lose more! I wanted to pull up my shirt and say "Uhh do you see this chub? Is this stomach flat? No!" Just keep on going! They will learn to keep their comments to their self and once you show them what your UG looks like they will be like "Oh you look so good! WOW" They just don't want you to turn into a stick! It's totally understandable for them to feel this way to because some people go overboard with weight loss and they just want to make sure you are being healthy. As long as your being healthy and still enjoying life that’s all that matters. They will understand that you’re not being crazy once you reach your goal. :)

Now if they ask "are you still trying to lose weight" i just say no i'm mainly just trying to tone up now. No bad comments ever come from that. :) (I'd still like to lose 4-9 pound. 120-125 range :wink: )

P.s. I don't think It's all jelousy. I think it's mainly the fact that they care about you and they want you to be healthy but of course there is a tad bit of jelousy. Who wouldn't be!? :)