strange how many people have a house guest named TOM...

Options

Replies

• Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Because it affects our weight loss or gain and affects our mood and how we feel physically and makes it that much harder to work out.
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I always ignore any posts that have the acronym TOM in it...

Yet you ended up reading this.... :)
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    **MODERATOR REMOVED IMAGE AS INAPPROPRIATE**

deal with it. :heart:

That is so obscenely gross it's funny! :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing lol
    At first I was like....oook girl reading a book, then scrolled down and wowie. I think she sat in some ketchup :wink:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Just wait until after menopause...then all the talk will be about how often one poops or doesn't poop..:noway:

I'm a nurse, used to take care of geriatric patients..I swear this will happen.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm dumb and kept thinking what the hell, everyone has a friend named TOM in town for the week??

Seriously!? I'm all about sharing and helping motivate each other and I know that tom affects weight loss at that point in time, but who the hell really wants to know that this is your week for tom to visit!!! I for one DON'T want to know!

You're so right. I also find that the best way to get people to stop mentioning something is to make a topic about it. Way to go!

For the record, Tom's visiting me next week.

damnit so close to syncing up my just ended this week . just glaad some of my bloating is over with .
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Men have wet dreams, doesn't mean I want to hear about it. I agree. TOM is TMI. When I get my period, I dont go telling the world. By the way guys, I've gained 2 lbs in 2 days because I'm retaining water, and my ovaries are about to produce an egg.

Really? I don't think any one cares about my body that much except for me.

Edit: ha ha ha, and yes, I realize I have just participated in this nonsense. I'll go shut up now...
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Most TOM-related topics I've seen only discuss water weight and things like that. Nothing "gross", nothing obscene.

It's not like people are making topics going, "MAN, I PASSED THE HUGEST CLOT LAST NIGHT, HERE'S SOME PICTURES I TOOK AS EVIDENCE, LET'S COMPARE!"
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    so who here is craving chocolate ?!!!
    im thinking the OP is having TOM visit in my opinion
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Never bothered me, but then I have a daughter that is an OB/GYN. Heard it all through med school, residency and so on. It's life. It's natural.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Aunt Flow is in town! Haha
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Men have wet dreams, doesn't mean I want to hear about it. I agree. TOM is TMI. When I get my period, I dont go telling the world. By the way guys, I've gained 2 lbs in 2 days because I'm retaining water, and my ovaries are about to produce an egg.

And I repeat: If it bothers you, don't read the threads.
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Girls have periods. You'll get over it.

lol!
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Really? Maybe you should start a new site called MyFitnessForeverAlone.

Seriously people. Periods really really do effect your weight loss, your appetite, your mood, your motivation, and your physical ability. What's wrong with discussing it on a fitness site?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Edit: ha ha ha, and yes, I realize I have just participated in this nonsense. I'll go shut up now...

Thanks
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Really? Maybe you should start a new site called MyFitnessForeverAlone.

Snorted milk on my screen. :
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Most TOM-related topics I've seen only discuss water weight and things like that. Nothing "gross", nothing obscene.

It's not like people are making topics going, "MAN, I PASSED THE HUGEST CLOT LAST NIGHT, HERE'S SOME PICTURES I TOOK AS EVIDENCE, LET'S COMPARE!"

^^^^^HIL.AR.IOUS.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    TOM is actually a drag queen. Her stage name is "Aunt Flo"

LMAO OMG this had me snorting at my desk with laughter
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Well if we can comfortably talk about sensitive topics such as one night stands or sexuality then why not the simple normal thing such as TOM. Honestly when I was new to MFP I even didn't understand that because I'm not used to using initials & also that whole phrase is new to me. Geez we are all grown-ups here & not everyone can understand English perfectly & more so the American English so what's the big deal?
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    We talk about it because we're fat and cranky when TOM shows up.. and well misery loves company..:wink: