Couch-to-5K - Who's In?

Options
PixEm
PixEm Posts: 190 Member
Who wants to join me in doing the Couch-to-5k program?

Here is a link to check it out :http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I am doing a 5k Saturday, but truly am not going to be able to run the whole thing. I want to be able to run a full 5k and maybe more. The program is 9 weeks long and I plan to start the program this Sunday. I plan to log my progress on MFP. I am going to Jamaica July 10th and hope that I can run while I am there, on the beach would be nice!

So, who is in?

Replies

• dshearrer
    dshearrer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm In!!...going to my brothers wedding in Florida in October and I would also love to run on the beach!
  • amyhurst511
    Options
    I would love to do it.
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 last night! So I'm in!!!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I started this program. I'm in week 2. Doing week 2 over again because I missed a day.
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    me please! although my 5k will be done on the wii fit as i have 3 little kiddies to look after so its very hard to get time for me, i can do 3k on it already so id love a little push to get the full 5! Good luck all x
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'll do it. I just did a 5K on May 4th, but I plan to do another one in October. I would like to improve my time and actually be able to run the whole thing.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Week 5 here! :D
  • Palisca
    Palisca Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in! I am also doing JM 30 day shred. I am on day 3 and am ready to add something more to it.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2!! :smile:
  • tedfor
    tedfor Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in, although it's a slightly different program that I found at Runner's World which is a bit more difficult but I'm loving the results. I do a trail that's around 6km. Two weeks ago I struggled to finish it in just under an hour. Now I'm doing it in less than 40 minutes. By the end of the 8 week program I hope to be completing it in 30 minutes.
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 and loving it, so I'm in too!

Edit: If anyone would like to download free mp3 tracks which help guide you through each run, check out this link on the NHS website, they're pretty useful!

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx
  • jen110171
    jen110171 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have a Tough Mudder on July 23!
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm in! I an on Week 1, Day 2 and am loving it! I do find that my knees are a bit sore. I have had significant knee issues over the years and had surgery on my left knee about 3 years ago. I am NOT a runner! My plans are to go to our local track on M, W, F to do the C25K. I'm just not sure what to do when it's raining. I do not have access to a treadmill.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do about my sore knees? I am also doing 30DS (Level 2, Day 5 or 6) 5 days a week, a Faithful Fitness video on T, Th and walks (not scheduled).

I will be so psyched when I can actually RUN a 5K! (I just have to figure out how to actually do a real race without having my kids with me!)
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it tonight, actually!
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I'll start tomorrow with you. I do this off & on and could use a reason to do the program the way it was intended :P
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Starting day three of week one in a couple hours. So excited! I have a lot of energy afterwards and feel so pumped up.
  • Bxwarren13
    Bxwarren13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2, starting week 3 Monday! Feel free to add me so we can trade tips and tricks :)
  • kreisad
    kreisad Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm in the middle of week 2 right now. What are you guys doing on the days you aren't running? I need suggestions for cross training and weight lifting. I don't want to over do it but I know I need to add these other things in if I want to improve my time.
  • shiobeh
    shiobeh Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow!
  • Jabokwara
    Jabokwara Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started this morning with week one , day 1. I am not sure how to post this on my excercise logs. Any tips?