Any hunters here?

Options
digitalbill
digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
I mean "traditional" hunters. Not the ones who hunt in bars and gyms.

Replies

• JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I grew up hunting but gave it up years ago. Still fish, but just catch & release.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I don't, but encourage and support my husband to go hunting. I loves me some venison!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Whitetail deer and varmints.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't, but encourage and support my husband to go hunting. I loves me some venison!

^This.
  • ZombieDiva76
    ZombieDiva76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We are a family of hunters...if it has antlers, feathers, or fur and can be grilled or cooked it's on... My youngest daughter is 8 and got her first deer last year...
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Whitetail deer, turkey, ducks......I have hunted all my life...and my son likewise.....he especially loves duck hunting....
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I fish as much as I can (too much) I took the hunters ed course I just need to find time to get to city hall to get my license. Then I need to practice a lot ... then i might be a hunter we'll see ;) but fishing i can do very well!!!
  • digitalbill
    Options
    I got my "Safe Hunters" license (Florida) last year and I am quite anxious to try hunting.
    I think it is something that I need to do.
    My Father used to hunt but this area was too built up by the time I was born so it never got passed down to me.
    I am planning on deer hunting with my Mini-14 (I know it is not the best choice) and Turkey hunting with a single shot .410
    I also plan on getting better with the compound bow and seeing how that works out for me.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Whitetail deer, turkey, looking to getting into duck hunting.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I have my huntres safety license, was raised in a hunting/fishing house, but I only dress up as one these days....

IMAG0633.jpg
  • danthomson56
    Options
    Mule Deer, Elk, Moose, Upland Game and love to fish.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I don't, but hubby and my sons do, I do like to go fishing. :)
  • va_va_voom
    Options
    I got my "Safe Hunters" license (Florida) last year and I am quite anxious to try hunting.
    My Father used to hunt but this area was too built up by the time I was born so it never got passed down to me.
    I am planning on deer hunting with my Mini-14 (I know it is not the best choice) and Turkey hunting with a single shot .410
    I also plan on getting better with the compound bow and seeing how that works out for me.

I checked to see where you're from since you mentioned FL - I grew up in the same area you live in now. My dad used to hunt the fields that used to be where the Palm Beach Mall is when he was growing up. Lots of wild boar.

Where are you planning on hunting? FL or GA?
  • va_va_voom
    Options
    Oh and if we're counting fishing as "hunting", I absolutely love to fish. :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm not personally, I cry when I see a dead squirrel on the side of the road, but my step-dad is an avid bow-hunter. He hunts with a rifle as well, but prefers bow hunting. I gladly take a lot of wild game off his hands, usually deer :)
  • digitalbill
    Options

I checked to see where you're from since you mentioned FL - I grew up in the same area you live in now. My dad used to hunt the fields that used to be where the Palm Beach Mall is when he was growing up. Lots of wild boar.

Wow.. small world.
    Yeah, my Father also hunted where the (ex) Palm Beach Mall is.
    I am planning on going up to North Florida. My older Brother lives up near the panhandle. It is an 11 hour drive but at least I will get to hang out with him.
  • va_va_voom
    Options

Wow.. small world.
    Yeah, my Father also hunted where the (ex) Palm Beach Mall is.
    I am planning on going up to North Florida. My older Brother lives up near the panhandle. It is an 11 hour drive but at least I will get to hang out with him.

I moved out of PBC several years ago - didn't know the Palm Beach Mall is no longer? I was more of a Boynton Beach Mall kinda girl - until the Wellington Green came along. lol

Awesome about the hunting/hanging out with your brother. My husband is going to start teaching our older son about hunting so that he can go through the class and get his license in a few more years. He will be glad to have a hunting buddy again. :)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I started duck hunting with my dad as soon as I got my heritage card (hunter's safety card for Missouri), but I didn;t much as a teen, just the occasional rabbit hunt with my BFF. I usually go deer hunting with my hubby, and have just recently jumped back into duck, and tried dove and turkey this year. My favorite is fishing, though.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm a hunter's wife. Just recently getting into learning to shoot a bow, hopefully will kill my first dear this year.

edit- the bow is a recurve, since we're talking weapons. And I just got my first gun, a pink 38 special.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I hunt whitetail