Replies

• mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    just drop him a hint us guys need it some times
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    A tricky-sneaky way: End up talking about apartments somehow and ask about his roommates. That is pretty safe, and then if he has a significant other living with him, he'll tell you. (e.g. "Oh, no, I live with my girlfriend, Cindy...blah blah blah")
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to just ask him. Why can't guys just sense that I'm single and I like them?! Ugh, guys....
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Also, it couldn't hurt to just try to become friends with him first. Try having some friendly conversations with him and in time you'll get to know more about him.

this. maybe get to know him a little before thinking about flirting with him. just because he's single doesnt mean he's worth you time. plus you have no idea what he's like in a relationship with someone he works with.dating people you work with is extra tricky and requires double the amount of vetting than you might normally do because if something goes wrong it can also affect your J-O-B
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    A tricky-sneaky way: End up talking about apartments somehow and ask about his roommates. That is pretty safe, and then if he has a significant other living with him, he'll tell you. (e.g. "Oh, no, I live with my girlfriend, Cindy...blah blah blah")
    Oooh, I kinda like this idea. This is something I can work with :)
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Initiate a work happy hour and invite him. Then you can get to know him on more personal level.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to just ask him. Why can't guys just sense that I'm single and I like them?! Ugh, guys....

Pfft b/c your passive aggressiveness is our fault ;-)

Strike up a conversation, srsly. What's he going to do? Not like you? BFD!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If you want to be sneaky, just drop your pen in front of him. Guys don't take subtle hints. I speak from experience.
  • ElBo58
    ElBo58 Posts: 44
    Options
    Look him up on Intelius (http://www.intelius.com/) and you can see if any other mail goes or has gone to his address. If your city/state has a property appraisal website, you can look to see if he owns a house and if he does, what other name is on the property.

And yes, women are very, VERY good at internet stalking. Be very afraid.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Pass him a note.

"Are you taken? Circle yes or no."
  • seventwenty
    Options
    Pass him a note.

Winner. k mods, lock the thread.
  • CarbonCopy007
    Options
    Avoid workplace relationships. If anything avoid dating the intern, the IT guy and most importantly your boss.
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I kinda like this idea. This is something I can work with :)

Hahaha, Glad I could be of service! :laugh:
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Pass him a note.

F**king brilliant. I'm doing it.

I DO talk to him, you guys. Every day. Just about work stuff.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Why must we complicate things?

If you wanna know.......ask!!!
  • TeenaMarina
    Options
    Avoid workplace relationships. If anything avoid dating the intern, the IT guy and most importantly your boss.

Urrrggh. He is one of these.

I guess we'll change the subject, then and talk about thigh gaps and eating back my exercise calories.
  • seventwenty
    Options

I guess we'll change the subject, then and talk about thigh gaps and eating back my exercise calories.

Both are boring topics.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    you can always plan an afterwork thing- drinks after work -and invite several people from the office- and let him know he could ask his Significant Other - as spouses, and partners would be welcome.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options

Both are boring topics.
    Yes but they are discussed extensively and repeatedly on here so I figured I'd join the bandwagon.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    So you have a crush on the IT guy at work, huh?

You could always ask him if his women has ever heard of this MFP site, that it totally rocks...