What are your Summer goals?

Options
wish21
wish21 Posts: 602 Member
I know what mine are!
From June to August I AM going to lose 40lbs. Thats a total of about 12 weeks and 3.3-4 lbs a week loss. Everyone says its impossible, but I want to challenge that. :wink:

What are yours?

Replies

• idboehman
    idboehman Posts: 2
    Options
    Abs
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    We see my husbands family once a year, so we are going to see them middle of June, so my goal is 10lbs by then and then I"m in my friends wedding in August and I'm hoping to be 25lbs down by then. I don't want to focus on such a big #, rather focus on getting my food under control and realizing I can't eat certain things because of what it does to me, mainly fast food. So I'm going to focus on getting the right amount of plant based protein, and animal type protein each day, drinking my water, and exercising hopefully couple times a week.
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    Run 5 miles without stopping.
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    Losing at least 20lbs between now and 8/4/12....... gotta look slim for Florida:happy:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    To do the Grouse Grind in under 2 hours. I've done it 3 times and I've always been just over 2 hours. It officially opened today but I won't be doing it for a few more weeks.

GrouseGrindHalfway_2011.jpg
  • wish21
    Options
    To do the Grouse Grind in under 2 hours. I've done it 3 times and I've always been just over 2 hours. It officially opened today but I won't be doing it for a few more weeks.

GrouseGrindHalfway_2011.jpg

wooohooo! you go girl!!:}
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    To look AND feel sexy in a bikini!
  • hdmamma09
    hdmamma09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    to be 275 by the time school starts back middle of august.:happy:
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I want to be 150lbs by August 21st, and have more muscle. Losing inches and gaining muscle is really my main goal right now, I was obsessed with the the number, but this 4 week plateau has really changed my mind. I've not changed weight, but I've gone down a shirt size (lrg to med!) and *almost* down a pant size, depends on the brand. My bottom half is always slower to come off. lol. :)
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I want to fit into my summer clothes again. My jean shorts and cute tops.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    -lose at least 5lbs by my 4th year anniversary (June 30th) :heart:
    -12cups a day, water
    -Get up early for some jogging
    -Go to the gym at least3x a week.
    -Dance more
    -Start weight training
    -Get that size 9 to fit again

then its on to a new set of goals :smile:
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    To be under 200lbs by Oct 23. CW 240. I'm going to Disney for the first time in my life and if I hit my goal I will have my pic taken with Pluto and Goofy!! I know it sounds like a crazy goal but I'm not photogenic and its been a long time since I've had a photo taken of me under that weight......so even if it's 199.999999 I'll be good!

More importantly: a major goal before winter is to get my eating habits under control. I get laid off in the winter and I don't want to resort back to just eating anything. I still have a lot to lose after reaching my first goal. Also I'd like to have a half decent exercise program in place. Being off the winter months will mean I'll have a lot of time on my hands. Exercise seems to be the way to go.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I know what mine are!
    From June to August I AM going to lose 40lbs. Thats a total of about 12 weeks and 3.3-4 lbs a week loss. Everyone says its impossible, but I want to challenge that. :wink:

What are yours?

About 40 lbs in 12 weeks? Depends on a number of factors but could be possible... For me, I'd like to lose about 35 lbs in that length of time. I have lost 20 in a month before (not lately)... Caution for losing too fast is that it often returns with a vengeance. In my situation, I am a teacher and this is a time that I can focus on these goals. I am also tall and still within the obese range so 35 lbs within this period of time is not out of the question, though it is fairly aggressive. Health first. Balance in all things.
  • Megs654321
    Megs654321 Posts: 11
    Options
    To be at 135 lbs by the time school begins at the end of August. :)
  • 30poundsofbeauty
    Options
    Lose 20 pounds/get to 130 - and stay there. (I got to 128 last summer but gained back the weight. DUMB)

Learn how to maintain my weight

3 minute plank or longer

Flat stomach

Run 5 miles at 6.5mph or faster.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    To be 265 by Sept 1 and to fit back into the jeans I wore senior year of high school
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    lose at least 10 pounds...
    get my knee working
    get nice abs
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Be in my healthy BMI by May 24th (friends wedding) DONE!
    Be under 140 for our vacation July 4th (three pounds 8 onz to go so doable)
    Be around 135 to run the Tely 10 road race July 22
    Be under 135 for my birthday in August
    Then around 130 for September
    I hope to be around 125 when I go back to work in November.
  • wish21
    Options
    I know what mine are!

What are yours?

About 40 lbs in 12 weeks? Depends on a number of factors but could be possible... For me, I'd like to lose about 35 lbs in that length of time. I have lost 20 in a month before (not lately)... Caution for losing too fast is that it often returns with a vengeance. In my situation, I am a teacher and this is a time that I can focus on these goals. I am also tall and still within the obese range so 35 lbs within this period of time is not out of the question, though it is fairly aggressive. Health first. Balance in all things.

The thing is, I believe that the reason why many people gain it all back is because once they reach their goal weight they give up. Slowly but surely the pounds creep back and so does their old bad habits. For me I said to myself that it's not going to happen. I refuse to just relax a little after I reach my gaol. I've invested in to much time and to much money to say ahh its whatever now. I'll always remember the struggle!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My birthday is at the beginning of July. I would like to be 168lb by then. That is about where I was last year! Also, I would like to be much improved in swimming and back to having the confidence to run and cycle outdoors!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!