Tummy Inspiration Pix Please

Options

Replies

• Veronica_029
    Options
    For me....Preplanning, JM 6w/6p...kicked the shaping of my stomach...and Now doing her JM Body Rev...that continuing to shape....I am looking to clean up my eating some more with leaner foods yet..higher protein....and lift more to get those abs I desire....Thank you so much....

sounds like a plan I can work with...Thank you! :flowerforyou: Good luck with your progress ...Keep me updated :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I was more of a pear, so I never had that big of a belly, but here's the result of a small calorie deficit, adequate protein, lifting heavy, regular cardio, and half a pizza at least once a week.

2010-2012.jpg
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    << My After (sorry don't know how to post but I have "befores" on my profile)

It can be done but it takes time. You must lower your BF% before you'll see any abs.

I do yoga 3x per week and walk/jog 2x per week. I average 1700 calories per day and I have NOT given up any foods that I love pizza, bread, chips and cupcakes are all there.

Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I don't have a before pic of my tummy that is fit for human consumption (ha).

The difference between these pix is about 12 lbs.

I'm 44, 5'4 130#. 6 pregnancies and 3 live births by c-section.

OK, so I can't get these side by side without them getting really tiny. So instead they are really huge. sorry.

BEFORE (WITH SPANX):

extraweight.jpg

AFTER (-12 lbs. loss due to EATING MORE):

julyyellow2.jpg

SOME MORE MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD; NO MORE WEIGHT LOSS, BUT MORE BODY RECOMP:

septwhitecostume.jpg
  • Veronica_029
    Options
    I was more of a pear, so I never had that big of a belly, but here's the result of a small calorie deficit, adequate protein, lifting heavy, regular cardio, and half a pizza at least once a week.

2010-2012.jpg

Oh Wow!! Congratulations on that..What a GREAT progress:drinker: ...Thanks for the tips..I'm so following them :flowerforyou:
  • Veronica_029
    Options
    << My After (sorry don't know how to post but I have "befores" on my profile)

It can be done but it takes time. You must lower your BF% before you'll see any abs.

I do yoga 3x per week and walk/jog 2x per week. I average 1700 calories per day and I have NOT given up any foods that I love pizza, bread, chips and cupcakes are all there.

Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.

What a wonderful tummy you have! Thanks for the tips..You make it sound enjoyable! lol ..:flowerforyou: I am so getting one like yours
  • Veronica_029
    Options
    I don't have a before pic of my tummy that is fit for human consumption (ha).

The difference between these pix is about 12 lbs.

I'm 44, 5'4 130#. 6 pregnancies and 3 live births by c-section.

OK, so I can't get these side by side without them getting really tiny. So instead they are really huge. sorry.

BEFORE (WITH SPANX):

extraweight.jpg

AFTER (-12 lbs. loss due to EATING MORE):

julyyellow2.jpg

SOME MORE MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD; NO MORE WEIGHT LOSS, BUT MORE BODY RECOMP:

septwhitecostume.jpg

wow Wow WOW! I loved your photos...What a great flat tummy...Thank you so much for sharing.:flowerforyou: .Any tips on your workout and food intake?
  • Bryanslady
    Bryanslady Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is awesome !!!!
  • D4WNO
    D4WNO Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, you ladies have made amazing progress.

To the lady who created this thread, I imagine the difference you're seeing in your belly now might be due to your bodyfat percentage. For example, I still weigh basically the same as I did when I started lifting weights, and my bodyfat has gone down 4% in a few weeks - however, weight isn't the factor here - I'd transferred nearly 3kg of fat into 3kg of muscle - this is what has made my body look different and stomach flatter. Here is a great visual that really shocked me

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=571&tbm=isch&tbnid=PnMsbgW_StJccM:&imgrefurl=http://templeofgodfitness.blogspot.com/2012/04/fat-vs-muscle.html&docid=xctwCJjYH48zlM&imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rlJ9iEME1as/T4R3h_YRKPI/AAAAAAAAA1A/hvQ8gbdJC2U/s1600/530958_10150804141721340_703666339_11787941_1300649508_n.jpg&w=960&h=740&ei=MiO4T7mnKs3UsgbK4vyCCA&zoom=1

The best thing for you to do (which goes against everything I thought I knew about diet and exercise until a few months ago), is to lift weights, leave off the cardio for at least 4 weeks. Lift heavy, but only a few reps (10-12), in 3 sets at a time.

Also, the next best thing I've ever been taught is that "abs are made in the kitchen". You can exercise 7 days a week for 3 hours a day, but if you eat crap, your body will show it.
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Since I have a tummy problem- but can't do a gym membership AND I don't have any weight machines...what can I do at home- instead of cardio?
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh almost 300 pounds.
    My tummy isn't perfect - there is some loose skin and stretch marks, but I'm pretty damn proud of it:
    Before:
    37600_139117492784657_100000592214278_278412_3914396_n-1.jpg

Now:
    IMG_20120510_231505.jpg

You look amazing... And I don't see loose skin! Congrats to you!!

You look fantastic!!! Congrats!!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Still working to get a flatter look from the front and defined abs...but proud of my work so far.....

TodayAbs-2.jpg

APRIL 1st.....
    IMG_3560.jpg

TODAY...
    IMG_3646.jpg

You are amazing! Great job there girl!
  • angelpie36426
    angelpie36426 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, you ladies have made amazing progress.

To the lady who created this thread, I imagine the difference you're seeing in your belly now might be due to your bodyfat percentage. For example, I still weigh basically the same as I did when I started lifting weights, and my bodyfat has gone down 4% in a few weeks - however, weight isn't the factor here - I'd transferred nearly 3kg of fat into 3kg of muscle - this is what has made my body look different and stomach flatter. Here is a great visual that really shocked me

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=571&tbm=isch&tbnid=PnMsbgW_StJccM:&imgrefurl=http://templeofgodfitness.blogspot.com/2012/04/fat-vs-muscle.html&docid=xctwCJjYH48zlM&imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rlJ9iEME1as/T4R3h_YRKPI/AAAAAAAAA1A/hvQ8gbdJC2U/s1600/530958_10150804141721340_703666339_11787941_1300649508_n.jpg&w=960&h=740&ei=MiO4T7mnKs3UsgbK4vyCCA&zoom=1

The best thing for you to do (which goes against everything I thought I knew about diet and exercise until a few months ago), is to lift weights, leave off the cardio for at least 4 weeks. Lift heavy, but only a few reps (10-12), in 3 sets at a time.

Also, the next best thing I've ever been taught is that "abs are made in the kitchen". You can exercise 7 days a week for 3 hours a day, but if you eat crap, your body will show it.

Do you recommend doing the weights every day or every other day?

All of you ladies have awesome transformations! Your pictures give me hope! I have a scar on my lower abdomen from bladder surgery that I had as a child. It stretched out with two pregnancies and the fat just seems to cling to it. I have about 20 pounds to lose and I hope to post amazing pictures like yours in a few months.
  • mosertheninja
    mosertheninja Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Before
    6969923476_8888919bd1.jpg
    This is my "Before" photo. by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    3months later
    7113911025_7a0e286999.jpg
    fitness by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr

The Secret? Cardio cardio cardio. Cardio before crunches.
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I'd love my tummy to be gone ><. Great job you guys! :flowerforyou:
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hope I look 10% as good as you when I'm done!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Since I have a tummy problem- but can't do a gym membership AND I don't have any weight machines...what can I do at home- instead of cardio?

Fill different sized bottles of water to use instead of dumbells and do bodyweight/bootcamp style exercise. The 30 Day Shred is a good mix of strength and cardio to start off with, but if you've already done that, just follow the advice here (heavy, fewer than 12 reps, three sets) and create your own routine of dumbell exercises :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Was 150 something. Now I'm 120 (with "spandex" that no longer fit lol):
    13599033_4579.jpg

I got to the below being mostly sedentary with a goal of 1650 plus exercise cals

13599033_4374.jpg

More pics and stats in profile.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

septwhitecostume.jpg

wow Wow WOW! I loved your photos...What a great flat tummy...Thank you so much for sharing.:flowerforyou: .Any tips on your workout and food intake?

Thank you. Actually my workouts were essentially the same when I was heavier through when I lost 12 lbs: it was about 13 hours/week of cardio: dance, cycling, spin and paddleboarding. The difference for me was that I used to eat about 1200 cals a day and workout at least 500 (I did not realize it at the time). Over 18 mos. I gradually gained 15 lbs (long story on my profiile), and didn't realize why I couldn't lose anything no matter how much I restricted food.

I finally found out on MFP about eating more to weigh less and upped my calories to lose weight--15 lbs. in 6 mos.

Several months after reaching goal, I had a ski accident this past Feb that made me unable to do most of my cardio, so I started heavy lifting. Now I am able to do both cardio and weights, but have shifted my workouts to about 2 hours lifting and 4-7 hours cardio a week. I am now eating at a slight cut from TDEE, so around 2000 calories/day since incorporating heavy lifting. I have gained 3 lbs, and I expect to gain more due to body recomp -- I'm trying to get by body fat % lower and lean muscle mass increased, so I expect a weight gain and am hoping for a 4 or 6 pack eventually :).

blessings.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Before
    6969923476_8888919bd1.jpg
    This is my "Before" photo. by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    3months later
    7113911025_7a0e286999.jpg
    fitness by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr

The Secret? Cardio cardio cardio. Cardio before crunches.

holy moly...amazing!! WTG!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!