i bet more that 80% of people here are home wreckers

Options

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I break everything. Seriously, just give me a chance and I'll break it. it would be easier to list things I haven't broken. In the last two years since I moved to the UK, I've broken 2 mobile phones, 7 pairs of earbuds, three crystal wine glasses, countless bowls, every claw hair clip I've ever touched, a cookie jar that belonged to my husband's grandma 20 years ago, two kindle e-readers, one Polar HRM (I broke it with sweat! I wish I were kidding.) our grill/broiler, a stationary bike, a laptop, lost an earring my mom bought for me, sprained my ankle and injured my knee (same leg.)

Need a home wrecker? I'm available for house calls and/or parties.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Here I'll be the homewrecker tonight.

Here is some nutella cobbler
    http://savorysweetlife.com/2011/02/nutella-chocolate-cobbler/
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a breaky person, but I am so replying to save those recipe links xD And dammit, I think I saw a snickers in the house earlier....noow I'm hungry!
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    i once lost all my precious keepsakes and wedding china in one fell swoop.... the glass fronted cabinet i kept them all in fell off the wall one night with an almighty crash!! i cried at that, irreplacable things i had collected over 30 years and travels all over the planet, smashed to smithereens :sad:

I would have cried too..... :sad:
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My wife has broken a few of my things, and my son has broken a couple things, but nobody in the house can compete with my dog. He's 113 lbs and his name is Scooby, but I should have named him Destructor.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Towards the end of my senior year in high school my parents went out of town and so I had a pretty epic party.
    The next day, surveying the damage there were holes in walls, part of a fence down, screen door broken, mailbox gone and cups strewn across neighbors' yards.
    Tried to fix what I could before my parents came home, but it didn't work to well.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I am a clumsy cow and break everything.

I have been friends with this guy for about 4 years, and me and his Mum are really close. She lives around the corner from me, I have a key to the house and she trusts me with her bank details etc.

Anyway, so one day, T and I (T's her son) decided to tidy up. We put the throw in the washing machine and set it off. When it was time to take it out, it was soaking. So we took it outside and squeezed as much of the water out as we could.

Well, it was still pretty soaking, but we stuck it in the dryer. As it was drying, I said to T "can you smell that? Kinda like burning plastic".

His reply was that it was fine and he couldn't smell anything.

Needless to say, when Tracey came home, she discovered that the dryer was broken. And she hasn't had a new one since then.

Oh, and also, just a few days ago, I was using my parent's spice/coffee beans electric grinder to blend my frozen bananas. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now the grinding part is loose. I don't think they've noticed yet ...

At work, I drop things ALL the time. The other day, I dropped a whole bottle (about 2 litres, I think?) of frappucino coffee base on the floor. It was super sticky, so I spent about 20 minutes cleaning it up. Then, about an hour later, I was walking past the frapuccino blenders, and the pump from the frapuccino roast got caught on my apron, lifted then fell on the floor, spraying it everywhere.

I dropped a whole pitcher of hot milk down my front the other day while I was making drinks.

One of my co-workers said when she thinks of me, all she thinks about is me dropping things :sad:
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    When my husband and I first got married, I didn't realize his favorite sweater was wool... I'm a hot water user, I wash all my clothes in hot water...

Well, our 3 1/2 month old son would be lucky to wear that sweater now, and half of my husband's clothes now show his midriff....

I fail as a wife.

Needless to say, everything is cold now.

:laugh:
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My old landlord got evicted from his house, so naturally he told us to move out. We found a place, started moving..near the end of the move he locked the door and kept some of our stuff!

The most devastating is old baby clothes I was saving in the basement. AND my christmas box, with handmade ornaments from my grandma that passed, and my daughters first christmas ornaments.
    I cried like a baby.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Be careful, you'll get people coming in here saying you shouldn't make jokes about home wreckers because their XYZ had an affair and they still feel the pain.

Seriously? I want to meet these people and give them a hug... there has to be more to life than living in the past.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    lol - i'm sitting here reading this with my foot up resting it as my toe was broken 2 weeks ago...not my fault.....but my husbands for leaving his tool box out on the bedroom floor! We had words!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When I just graduated out of high school the guy I had been crushing on for a year or so (S) finally took notice of me and took me on a double date with him and his best friend (G), and his best friend's girlfriend. Afterward's we went to his G's house and the boys were in a band together so they played some music for us.

Me and S started talking about marching band and the crazy dances our director would make us do in the show and I demonstrated one and knocked over a vase sitting on a nearby table causing it to shatter instantly. Turns out that vase was handmade by G's uncle who had died of AIDS recently....

Needless to say, the date was kinda ruined and G was not happy.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I recently dropped my old washing machine on my foot and nearly broke it.
    Foot wrecker.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Be careful, you'll get people coming in here saying you shouldn't make jokes about home wreckers because their XYZ had an affair and they still feel the pain.
    lollll iam so miss understood

As a punishment for breaking spelling rules, your new name is Miss Understood.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    lollll iam so miss understood

As a punishment for breaking spelling rules, your new name is Miss Understood.

:laugh:
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I went out for groceries, and came back to find a nice hole in the wall during a football game. My brilliant husband threw a book at the wall. Except it was one of those MASSIVE, WOODEN toddler books, where it bounced off the couch and gouged a lovely 4x4 inch hole in the wall. That was over a year ago. Don't worry he hasn't fixed it yet but he DID manage to move the TV so it's a little hidden.

Then he was playing XBox with my son (volleyball) and he hit the ceiling fan, shattering 2 of the 3 shades on it and raining glass all over the TV, table, chairs, carpet and said Toddler. :grumble: :laugh:
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    Yep..my kids and husband leave stuff laying around everywhere all the time, they don't help much with the cleaning and tidying...need I go on? lol
    I have never shrunk a woolen sweater...but underwear and socks seem to get alot smaller after going in the dryer even when the label says they can go in there.
  • Perisylpha
    Options
    That frigging sucks. You can't put a price on sentimentality.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I sent a remote through my dad's tv once. Before that, someone else through one through it. when the wii says to put the remote's strap on, they mean it!

Electronics are waaay too expensive to be bustin up. Though one night I kicked in my bedroom door when I was drunk. The handles on all the doors in the house were cheap and always fell off and my land lord was too cheap to fix them. I spent the rest of the next day fixing it myself.
  • Perisylpha
    Options
    My wife has broken a few of my things, and my son has broken a couple things, but nobody in the house can compete with my dog. He's 113 lbs and his name is Scooby, but I should have named him Destructor.

Awww...bless him. :smile: He doesn't mean it.

My son probably owes me the entire contents of his trust fund for the amount of stuff he has smashed since he was crawling.