How long it took U to lose 30-50lbs? Have you kept if off?

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
I've written about this before...I now know without a shadow of a doubt, that this weight-loss thing is definitely a journey (long-term/lifestyle) NOT a race. That said, how long did it take you to lose between 30-50 pounds?

How long have you kept if off?

If you didn't keep it off...what happened--why not?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    It took me over a year to lose 50 lbs, but I have thyroid issues and PCOS so it's slower for me than most. I think it took maybe 6 months to lose 30.
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP October 2010 and had lost about 35lbs by April 2011. I maintained this for a year without difficulty (and without recording!). I've recently put on a few lbs but have split with my long term bf and have money troubles so a bit stressed (and I eat when I'm stressed lol).
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 till today is 56 lbs...lots of hard work and complete life style change
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It's definitly differen for everybody. The closer you get to goal, the harder it will be to come off. It also depends if a person has a lot to lose vs. they are 30lbs away from their goal weight. Someone who is 300lbs will most likely be able to lose 30lbs quicker than someone who is 180lbs.

Just keep eating right and keep active and it will come off.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Took me about 6-7 months to lose 50. Have kept it off for close to six years, with some minor fluctuations - never more than a size... That being said, the last few months as a member of MFP have made me much more disciplined about my maintenance and tracking!
  • longview
    longview Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    12/11-5/12 I lost 42lbs, 25 more to go
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs (went from 180 to 135) between May and December of last year. Since then I've been fluctuating the same 5lbs (135-140) over and over again. I still need to lose at least 10 more.
  • celticcateyes
    celticcateyes Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My weight loss progress is really slow (I think) compared to many of the success stories I've seen here. It's taken me about 2 years to lose 45 lbs (I had lost some of the weight before joining MyFitnessPal). I go weeks without losing a pound, then finally the scale will show progress. Especially recently, I've started to measure my progress in my measurements and how my body looks instead. My arms and stomach are looking so much better than they have in years (though I still fell like I have a long way to go).

Sometimes I've gained a few pounds back, and it sticks for a couple months especially around the holidays. This can be incredibly frustrating because I feel like each pound lost is so much work for me. But I just make sure to get back to my good habits as soon as I can and keep my mind focused on the goal.

For my healthy BMI level, I need to lose about another 20lbs. I may try to lose another 10lbs after that if I think I can do it in such a way to promote my fitness (and maybe run faster!).
  • dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started dieting 1 jan at 220 lbs and today 20 may i weighed in at 180 . I lost 7 lbs before i started MFP for a total of 40 lbs. I have not gained any weight back but really watch my diet.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    It took me 11 months to 30 lbs then the last 10 lbs took 6 months or so. So I have kept it off probably more than a year. But now I am trying to gain muscle by eating a surplus... eep! First time ever I tried to gain weight on purpose.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It took me about 11 months to lose 50lbs (that was in February). The first 30 came off rather quickly, I think 4-5 months, but it's gone slowly since then. Still working on it but it still comes off slowly it seems no matter what I do...but that's okay. I hit plateaus more frequently but i've kept off what I've lost, even if the scale doesn't go down for a few weeks, it doesn't go up.

So now I'm at 53lbs and everything from before has stayed off..
  • Tamaralea88
    Tamaralea88 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in a month, I was very addicted to working out and drank water by the gallons lol but I didnt keep it off because I just had a baby boy 2 months ago, so I am back at it
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    It took me about 8-9 months tolose 50 pounds.
    This time it has taken me 4 months to lose the last 15 pounds, (have kept 45 of the 50 off for over 10 years) a different approach this time as I have dedicated myself to lifting heavy weights and losing body fat while gaining muscle.
  • hellomeghan
    hellomeghan Posts: 37
    Options
    from January and the middle of April of this year I lost about 30lbs. I'm still trying to lose weight so I haven't gained any back. It really was just a complete lifestyle change.....I made the gym a priority almost every day and was sure to eat healthier and within my calorie range. it's working so far! Good luck. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Fabulous replies...THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

ETA: reading you guy's stories...WOW, so inspirational and I'm so PROUD of you all:drinker: (those that posted before AND after this my post). You guys so ROCK:love:
  • Aprill20
    Aprill20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started January 30th at 194.4 pounds and today (5.25.12) weight in at 152.2 so a total of 42 pounds. I do think I have changed my lifestyle so I KNOW I will be able to keep it off. Good luck :)
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs in 8 weeks 3 yrs ago! (208 to 173) Kept it off for 2 yrs but after I bought my car & stop walking as much, I gained 24 lbs!! So Now I'm back @ it b/c the 1st time I didn't reach my goal weight of 150! I may not lose it as fast this time but I will lose it!!! :smile:
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    I lost 53 pounds since I was 205 on July of last year!
    I've kept the weight off since January.
    Not easy to keep weight off, since I am constantly going to the gym to keep it from rising.
    But yes, I've kept it off.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. But its recent so i cant answer the question of how long its been off.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I started January 30th at 194.4 pounds and today (5.25.12) weight in at 152.2 so a total of 42 pounds. I do think I have changed my lifestyle so I KNOW I will be able to keep it off. Good luck :)

ummmmmmm....WHAT???!!!???? :love:

You are my shero and you absolutely positively ROCK!!!! :heart: I'm so proud of you (and EVERYONE :wink: that replied to this thread too--I'm proud of ALl of you winners :drinker:)

What are you/did you do?
    How tall are you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!