Flour Free Peanut Butter Cookies

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
makes about two dozen cookies

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter

1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Roll into walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork. If you’d like, add a few chocolate pieces to the top of the cookies. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to… your mouth.

Calories 68.1
Total Fat 2.9 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 8.9 mg
Sodium 56.9 mg
Potassium 18.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 1.6 g
Vitamin A 0.3 %
Vitamin B-12 0.3 %
Vitamin B-6 0.2 %
Vitamin C 0.0 %
Vitamin D 0.3 %
Vitamin E 0.1 %
Calcium 0.8 %
Copper 0.7 %
Folate 0.3 %
Iron 1.3 %
Magnesium 0.4 %
Manganese 0.8 %
Niacin 0.0 %
Pantothenic Acid 0.3 %
Phosphorus 0.5 %
Riboflavin 0.7 %
Selenium 1.0 %
Thiamin 0.1 %
Zinc 0.2 %

(nutes assuming natural unsalted chunky peanut butter, so it could be higher easily)

Source:
http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2009/04/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies/

Replies

• jaminsmonster
    Options
    Thanks! I can't wait to try this recipe:happy:
  • everyday
    everyday Posts: 127
    Options
    Yum... I am a Peanut Butter lover!!!!

I assume the nutritional info is for 1 cookie?

Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • msarro
    Options
    Yum... I am a Peanut Butter lover!!!!

I assume the nutritional info is for 1 cookie?

Thanks for sharing :smile:

You got it :)
    I'm making them now, so I'll be able to post a pic of the finish product. Thus far only one big observation... the dough is very oily from the peanut butter, so the balls don't stick together the best. They won't be super pretty, but we're not planning to look at them all day, now are we? :wink:
  • msarro
    Options
    34142889.jpg

They taste AWESOME. This is potentially the best PB cookie recipe I've ever tried. I think the brown sugar really helps a lot.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear they taste good.... I'm making these tomorrow! Thanks...

~Leash :heart:
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    yum....thanks for the recipe!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    These sound great.. I don't eat flour either. So I take oatmeal and blend it into powder. Then add it like flour. It is healthy too. kc
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

(nutes assuming natural unsalted chunky peanut butter, so it could be higher easily)

my natural unsalted pb is higher in calories than my sweetened, salted version...is it just the kind I'm buying? :huh:
  • everyday
    Options
    34142889.jpg

They taste AWESOME. This is potentially the best PB cookie recipe I've ever tried. I think the brown sugar really helps a lot.

I 'll definitely be making these for the holidays! THANKS :smile:
  • everyday
    Options
    These sound great.. I don't eat flour either. So I take oatmeal and blend it into powder. Then add it like flour. It is healthy too. kc

GREAT IDEA!!!!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    When I first started learning to bake as a kid, my Mom taught me how to make them!! Except it was just 1 cup PB, 1 cup sugar, and 1 egg. Super easy recipe. These look a little healthier, and I have plenty of natural chunky PB to use. :bigsmile:
  • readyforchange
    readyforchange Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Would it be alright to substitute both white and brown sugar with white and brown splenda? Do you think it would lower the alot? If so by how much?
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Good idea with the Splenda... curious what reponse you'll get about calorie reduction using Splenda instead.
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    can't wait to try them!!! :wink:
  • msarro
    Options
    You could, sure. I personally would rather use natural sugar and brown sugar (sugar with molasses mixed in) though, honestly.

[soapbox warning]
    For long term results it really helps to train yourself to eat one cookie with natural ingredients, versus lowering the calorie content with chemicals so you can have 4 or 5. Its all in training your behaviors - should you really be eating 4 or 5 cookies? You never learn to be satisfied with one until you teach yourself to be satisfied with one. BUT, I've also been doing this a few years now, and in the beginning every little bit helps - I know I was a splenda/sweet'n'low junkie for a long long time :wink: So go for it if you want!! Let me know how they turn out.
    [/soapbox warning]
  • jaminsmonster
    Options
    For long term results it really helps to train yourself to eat one cookie with natural ingredients, versus lowering the calorie content with chemicals so you can have 4 or 5.
  • jaminsmonster
    Options
    For long term results it really helps to train yourself to eat one cookie with natural ingredients, versus lowering the calorie content with chemicals so you can have 4 or 5.

So true! i'm allergic to all artificial sweeteners, they're not good for your body
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Bumping for the recipe... they look yummy!