THE Scale (or lack thereof) Challenge (round 2)

Options

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Its been hard as heck because we have our shipping scale at work right near my cube... its always calling for me but I haven't listened so far. I feel great though, and thats good enough for me.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    My scale winked at me today. As if to say, "don't sweat it buddy, I know you'll be back". If it wasn't for my wife who also uses it, I would have taken my meat tenderizer to it already! I resisted (just barely). I stepped toward it though. Thought about it, then said "If I do this, I'll be letting down like 20 people on MFP!" so I didn't. So everyone feel proud of yourselves, you were my reason for not giving in to the obsession!

:embarassed:

Go Go Go!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I had the basement troll take it down to his room... I wouldn't be able to find it if I wanted too!! :laugh: and he has been instructed to not bring it up until after Memorial day.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have not joined this challenge, but have to give you all credit you are doing great. I only weigh once a week, and before I started never except doctors appts.

Keep it up everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • Jamariqui
    Jamariqui Posts: 43
    Options
    I would like to join, but I'm addicted to my scale, I'm on it 2 times a day, and I know that's awful , I shouldn't be, but I can't help it.

I'm going to start small and go one week without looking at it. :ohwell:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me :wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    It's been a week for me!!!!

Still doin' it!

Keep it up everyone!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    One week with out my weekly weigh in!! i really wanted to but then again i am looking forward to a big loss next week :happy:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1 down, 3 to go. We can sooooooooooo do this everybody.:happy:
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've already posted today, but I had a NON-SCALE REVALATION, in the showers at the gym.

It sounded REALLY cool in my head so let's see if I can spit it out in words to share it...

If you step on your scale everyday you are spending a lot of energy focusing on exactly where you are RIGHT NOW. But if you direct your focus onto eating right and exercising in order to change, tone, sculpt your body into the shape you would like to have then you are spending more energy on the GOAL. And more energy spent on the goal will drive you towards it, while waisting energy on your current weight can get you caught there.

Maybe this is totally basic to those who are not addicted to a daily weigh-in, but I felt like something clicked and felt I needed to share.

This could be a whole lot of endorphins talking too... :tongue:
  • Cassia
    Options

This could be a whole lot of endorphins talking too... :tongue:
    lol! gotta love those working out endorphins!!!:laugh:
    On another note...do you know how bad i really want to get on that scale?:brokenheart:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Is it all or nothing??? Or can I weigh in for my first week and then skip a month???

This is my first week and I don't think I can bear not to look at the end of it! 4th day and I haven't bothered to look yet!!!
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ok I am in...never thought I would give up the scale for a day let alone a month but...why not lets do it!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well I did it. I made it out the door this morning without weighing myself. I was tempted to cheat thinking nobody would know but I didn't cheat. :noway: I hid my scale from myself last night then later I saw my old scale and it tried in vain to temp me. I'll hide it tonight. I don't use it anyway because it's not a digital scale. Good luck to everyone else who's doing this challenge. I'm only doing it for two weeks because I don't think I have the strength to do it for a whole month. :ohwell:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    okay....had a dr's appt today....had to get on that big scale...you guys will be soooooooooooooo proud of me!!! I turned my head away from it so I couldn't see the weight...lmbo!!!!!!!!!!

I said don't tell me and the nurse said...oh its not bad....lol and I said well that's good but I'm not going on the scale for a month for other reasons, I made a bet w/ some buddies....and she laughed....she said...well you lost since your last visit (a month ago...) but I knew that already or at least hoped that lol...

anyway....I'm still w/ you all on this and now its like a mission! lol

hugs!
    Ali
  • Cassia
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Dia 8:

I still haven't looked but I want tp right now since my pants are fitting a little snug around my booty.... :ohwell:

I've been going out for runs all week and sometimes twice a day so if I've gained weight I am going to FLIP A LID! hmm... but maybe... just maybe it's muscle???:indifferent:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have an appt this morning. Gonna do just like Ali. I''l prob get on backwards tho just so I don't peek.:tongue:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I gave in to temptation this morning - couldn't make it 3 days :embarassed:
    (tomorrow's another day)
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I weigh in every day. Which is sad. So, I'm going to commit to a week, and see how I do...I might just be jumping out of my skin by Monday...:sad: