• Mubb
    Mubb Posts: 90
    Options
    9B888472-orig.jpg

That was me 19 pounds ago, still have a ways to go
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Whitetail with a rifle. Sit in a nice cozy blind, wait for Bambi's dad to wander by... BAM Good eating to follow!

so ... not a hunter, then?

(sorry. grew up in Montana ... learned how to work for your meal, is all.)

it's a long list, I guess. white tail, mulies, antelope, elk, upland birds, rabbits, etc. also make sure to take down any coyotes, of course, when I'm out.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Love hunting whitetail...hoping to go bear hunting this year since it's the first time we've had a bear season in our county...can't wait!! :bigsmile:
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Does hunting Terrorists count? I'm pretty good at that...

Real talk I joined the Army because I enjoyed hunting so much.... I started off with squirrels and birds using a Daisy BB gun when I was a kid. Once I was 13 I was hunting big game with my dad. Whitetail, boar, but my favorite is coons. I love coon hunting.

I got a great dane I turned into a huntin dog. Loves people, loves other animals just hates coons. Nothing better than the bond you have with your dog after you raise him to hunt and on his first successful kill you feel like a proud father. This dog has turned into my best friend.

Unfortunately he's a bit old now. Doesn't have the drive he used to have. So now I've moved on to the best game in the world... Terrorists

Thanks for your service. Hubs was an Army Ranger for 6 years before a back injury ended his military career short.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the concept of taking pictures of an animal you've just killed. Eating hunted meat is better than eating factory farmed meat, but why are you so proud of killing? Could someone explain it to me, please?
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the concept of taking pictures of an animal you've just killed. Eating hunted meat is better than eating factory farmed meat, but why are you so proud of killing? Could someone explain it to me, please?
    For the same reason that every castle in England has mounts of animals and antlers hanging from their walls.
    But mostly to remember the memories of a a particular hunt and also to share with your friends and other hunters.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    For the same reason that every castle in England has mounts of animals and antlers hanging from their walls.
    But mostly to remember the memories of a a particular hunt and also to share with your friends and other hunters.

I don't understand why castles in England do that either. I don't see what is decorative, fun or nostalgiac about death.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I hunt deer, turkey, small game, and waterfowl. Mostly archery too :-)
  • Brechin89
    Brechin89 Posts: 92
    Options
    Does hunting Terrorists count? I'm pretty good at that...

Real talk I joined the Army because I enjoyed hunting so much.... I started off with squirrels and birds using a Daisy BB gun when I was a kid. Once I was 13 I was hunting big game with my dad. Whitetail, boar, but my favorite is coons. I love coon hunting.

I got a great dane I turned into a huntin dog. Loves people, loves other animals just hates coons. Nothing better than the bond you have with your dog after you raise him to hunt and on his first successful kill you feel like a proud father. This dog has turned into my best friend.

Unfortunately he's a bit old now. Doesn't have the drive he used to have. So now I've moved on to the best game in the world... Terrorists

Thanks for your service. Hubs was an Army Ranger for 6 years before a back injury ended his military career short.

Its my pleasure, tell your Hubs I know what RIP is like I had to go through my 72 days of hell as well. Never went into a ranger unit but did the training. 6 years as a Ranger, my hat is off to him and thank him for his service for me!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    or WoW huntards.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    not a hunter but all you guys( and ladies) send me a PM!! hahaha give me some more work!! lolz!

fat fighters mates rates :P
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options

When was your husband in?
    I was serving in the early/mid 90's and on the trail the first half of that.
  • Indolent
    Indolent Posts: 12
    Options
    Wanting to kill an animal...for 'fun'?

Sounds absolutely desperate.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Fishing whenever I can, and phesant hunt with dad every fall. My dream is to shoot a big ol buck one day!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options

I dont think anyone is killing an animal for fun.
    First, hunted food is typically better for you "health wise".
    Second, there is something a bit pure about being able to not rely on processors.
    And finally, if and when the SHTF, it is a fantastic skill to possess (the reason I want to hunt).
    I was a Soldier for many years and I know how to "war" however, all of that warfighting skill is crap if I can't feed myself and my family.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I don't, but encourage and support my husband to go hunting. I loves me some venison!

Do you know rocks? If you like bloody mary's...nothing better then a venison stick soaking in a bloody!! yummo!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i love to hunt and fish :)
  • chugglebunny
    Options

I don't understand why castles in England do that either. I don't see what is decorative, fun or nostalgiac about death.

I am not commenting on the hunting topic (I'm English, it isn't legal here and if it was it isn't my thing, but each to their own)

But I do what to comment on the castle comment...There are 1500 "listed" castle sites in England...majority of which are remains and ruins. There are NOT that many castles in England at all. We don't all live in them and of the ones that stand, a very few are decorated and lived in. Most are historic sites and do not have any decorative animals at all.

There will be hundreds of thousands more homes in America with hunted trophies on their walls guarenteed than any "castles" in England.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

I dont think anyone is killing an animal for fun.
    First, hunted food is typically better for you "health wise".
    Second, there is something a bit pure about being able to not rely on processors.
    And finally, if and when the SHTF, it is a fantastic skill to possess (the reason I want to hunt).
    I was a Soldier for many years and I know how to "war" however, all of that warfighting skill is crap if I can't feed myself and my family.

agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one day we may not be able to "run" to the store to buy somthing to cook, so this is why i know how to hunt and how to grow a garden!!!
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have my huntres safety license, was raised in a hunting/fishing house, but I only dress up as one these days....

IMAG0633.jpg

Wow! Nice hunting attire,lol!