Insanity? I want to hear from real people

Options
hales_04
hales_04 Posts: 68 Member
I was wanting to hear from people who have actually done it. What kind of results you had and how hard it was to stick to the program.
I'm thinking about getting it, but wanted to hear from real people on here first :)

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    *patiently waits for all the beach body coaches to chime in*
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well I am not a coach nor have I done it, but I did post the same question a few weeks ago and got tons of replys. I found a friend whose friend is a coach and does it. I got to see real results from her pics and not going from chubby to a six pack. You see definition, toning, she has lost inches and about 20 pounds at 7 weeks into it. She is a mom of two young girls. After seeing her and talking with her I bought it, waiting for it to come!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am not a coach but did just complete the Insanity program. I have mixed feelings about my results but would encourage anyone to do it- if you have a basic level of fitness that is.

I loved the program and the workouts- I appreciate the structure of the program and the intensity. It is hard work, takes commitment, and you really have to work to get through each workout. You also get to experience the sense of accomplishment for completing them.

So-my results... I am pretty healthy, fairly clean diet and in shape to begin with. I did not miss a single work out and worked my butt off each time. I do not follow super strict diet guidelines; if I want to have that cookie, every once in a while I will have one... I exercise moderation but maintain a very healthy diet overall. I did not use the Shakeology or results and recovery drinks or any of those things.

So I started at 117 lbs and after month 1 I was down 3lbs and about 4 inches. I was very pleased and so happy with the results! I did month 2 which is way harder and longer every day- I thought for sure I would see an amazing change as hard as I was working. I didn't loose any weight and only lost 1.5 inches in month 2. Additionally you do a fit test to track your improvement in fitness, while mine improved significantly after the first month I didn't really see a change the second. Grrr!

I am not sure what happened, maybe to much sugar from fruit, maybe I didn't eat enough calories, maybe I had too many??? I just wanted to share my real life experience. I hope it helps!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 3 of Insanity. I don't think it has been hard to stick to, because of the variety of workouts. Although I have taken a few extra days off due to soreness. I've actually gained two pounds since starting the program, but I've lost about 4 inches overall so far.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oh, well, I thought this was a topic about mental health. That's very different. Nevermind....
  • darkenedfalling
    darkenedfalling Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am not a coach but did just complete the Insanity program. I have mixed feelings about my results but would encourage anyone to do it- if you have a basic level of fitness that is.

I loved the program and the workouts- I appreciate the structure of the program and the intensity. It is hard work, takes commitment, and you really have to work to get through each workout. You also get to experience the sense of accomplishment for completing them.

So-my results... I am pretty healthy, fairly clean diet and in shape to begin with. I did not miss a single work out and worked my butt off each time. I do not follow super strict diet guidelines; if I want to have that cookie, every once in a while I will have one... I exercise moderation but maintain a very healthy diet overall. I did not use the Shakeology or results and recovery drinks or any of those things.

So I started at 117 lbs and after month 1 I was down 3lbs and about 4 inches. I was very pleased and so happy with the results! I did month 2 which is way harder and longer every day- I thought for sure I would see an amazing change as hard as I was working. I didn't loose any weight and only lost 1.5 inches in month 2. Additionally you do a fit test to track your improvement in fitness, while mine improved significantly after the first month I didn't really see a change the second. Grrr!

I am not sure what happened, maybe to much sugar from fruit, maybe I didn't eat enough calories, maybe I had too many??? I just wanted to share my real life experience. I hope it helps!
    Did you follow the meal plans they give you?
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was actually just going to post something very similar, I'm curious what real people think about this workout and if it's worth buying
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coach. But I love the beach body programs. Insanity definitely works if you stick with it and eat right. My body fat % dropped a lot during this program. I've had several friends have great results with it too. But like any workout program, you get out of it what you put into it. The first few weeks will be tough, and it is common for people to see no weight loss or even a possible weight gain during this time, but stick with it and ride it out. The weight will start dropping back off around the third or fourth week. Good luck! Feel free to add me if you have any more questions about it!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options

You already started out with the low weight of 117. I doubt you were going to lose much more weight. If anything I think you would tone more. How were your toning results???
  • dpowell58
    dpowell58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing week 2 of insanity. I do my second fit test and measurements tomorrow. It is hard but you feel such a sense of accomplishment when you do better each time. Yesterday I lasted longer during the Pure Cardio than some of the young, fit people working out with Shawn T and I'm 54 years old. I think if I can do it, almost anyone who has been working out a while can do it. I would not recommend it to someone who has been a couch potato.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I loved Insanity, but it can take quite a toll on your body during the MAX interval sessions........They have another program called Insanity "The Asylum" Which is by far my favorite workout program to do.....

I still throw in some of the Insanity workouts during my cardio days for fun.
  • truss08
    truss08 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach! And as you can see from everyone above they like it and are not coaches!! It is a great program!! I lost inches from my body using it :-) and it is not hard to stick to it either! you feel so good afterwards!
  • erinsnyder357
    Options

I am in the same boat - I am 12 days out from completing the program and although I have loved the workouts and the strength I have gained from doing them I haven't seen a decrease in my weight or inches. I do have more defination in my arms and legs and can do the fit test and workouts from begining to end. I just recently purchased a hrm and I plan on giving it another 60 days to see if I can figure out what I need to do to get the maximum results.

My husband has been doing it along side of me and he has lost 9# and 9 inches... so it does work for many many people... but you have to determine what to do to make it work for you!
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Not a coach, did Insanity and really liked it. I found it super easy to stick with the program because I scheduled it in and planned for it. There were days I didn't want to do it, as with any exercise program, but I stuck it out. It was actually easier for me to do Insanity in my basement than to haul my butt to the gym in the cold of January. I saw a lot of improvements in my strength and stamina.

I did not do the meal plans nor did I do the shakes. In my opinion, they are WAY too pricey for what you get. I would do a protein shake afterwards if I wasn't going to eat dinner right away or have a recovery drink (the kind you can buy at any GNC or health food store). I simply logged all my food here and was mindful of the kinds of food I ate. I lost weight and inches and was overall very pleased with the program. It's not easy, but I liked the challenge.

I injured my knee on phase 2 week 2 doing the jumping lunges, so I was unable to complete phase 2. It was still a great springboard for the fitness level I'm at now, and I plan on trying it again later on this year (before ski season).
  • tquig
    tquig Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Not a coach. I do like the Beach Body programs because they fit into my schedule / life. I have P90x, Insanity and P90x2. My favorite is still P90x. To me it is the right balance of weight/resistance training and cardio. Insanity is almost total cardio. Shaun T did not get that body soley from cardio workouts. It is a great workout though, just not well-rounded enough for me. I did a P90x/Insanity hybrid last time and that was great. Was doing p90x2 until I re-injured my knee. Hoping to start back up this week.

Oh, and I followed a clean diet but didn't do the shakes. Tried the sample that came with P90x2 but could find 'better' options that are a lot less expensive.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I also didnt have much weight to lose when starting the program. I loved month one. I didnt like the longer length workouts in month two. Some days I felt like I was pushing myself to hard and not enjoying the workouts at all.
    So I was not really happy with my results. I may have been eating a little bit to many calories so I didnt lose any weight or inches.
    I did built a good amount of muscle in my lower body, so that is nice.
    I am not doing ChaLean Extream and am enjoying that a lot more. Although I may do a hybrid later on.
  • kewolfso
    kewolfso Posts: 1
    Options
    Ok, I'm not a coach first of all. I started Insanity this past October in hopes to get toned and "lean out" as I'm already petite and pretty in shape. I would run about 4 miles a couple times a week, if that helps. With that being said, I love Insanity! It definitely increased my cardiac capacity and toned me up. My goal was to lose body fat; not weight. I did it while also doing P90X Fat Shredder meal plan and went down from 22% body fat to 15% (at my lowest) but stayed around the same weight. It's completely cardio, so if you're looking for something to bulk up or use weights this isn't the program for you. It's definitely difficult. I've done the complete program twice, and just the first month another time and it's always challenging. My arms and hips definitely changed for the better. My abs...not so much, but that's not really where I put on weight. It's a lot of jumping and push ups, so if you have bad knees you might want to pass or be really careful. I love it because I can do it at home, it slims down my hips, is challenging, and I can see results. Like I said...not a coach at all, but I hope this helped you.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options

I am in the same boat - I am 12 days out from completing the program and although I have loved the workouts and the strength I have gained from doing them I haven't seen a decrease in my weight or inches. I do have more defination in my arms and legs and can do the fit test and workouts from begining to end. I just recently purchased a hrm and I plan on giving it another 60 days to see if I can figure out what I need to do to get the maximum results.

My husband has been doing it along side of me and he has lost 9# and 9 inches... so it does work for many many people... but you have to determine what to do to make it work for you!

Just finished the first month and, I too have not seen any changes in weight nor did I see any significant changes in my measurements. I will however, continue on through Month 2. I love the programs as they make work harder than I have in any other program. I really need to reach outside of the workout box and I feel great when I am done. My arms are toner, as are my legs and I have excelled on each Fit Test. I think this program is great for improving endurance and the Fit Tests help to show you how you have improved. Positive reinforcement.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Ok, I'm not a coach first of all. I started Insanity this past October in hopes to get toned and "lean out" as I'm already petite and pretty in shape. I would run about 4 miles a couple times a week, if that helps. With that being said, I love Insanity! It definitely increased my cardiac capacity and toned me up. My goal was to lose body fat; not weight. I did it while also doing P90X Fat Shredder meal plan and went down from 22% body fat to 15% (at my lowest) but stayed around the same weight. It's completely cardio, so if you're looking for something to bulk up or use weights this isn't the program for you. It's definitely difficult. I've done the complete program twice, and just the first month another time and it's always challenging. My arms and hips definitely changed for the better. My abs...not so much, but that's not really where I put on weight. It's a lot of jumping and push ups, so if you have bad knees you might want to pass or be really careful. I love it because I can do it at home, it slims down my hips, is challenging, and I can see results. Like I said...not a coach at all, but I hope this helped you.

I think this is why I didnt like my results. I was hoping to see some results on my abs. That is my problem area. I thought all the high knees and stuff would work them, but not so much.
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    *patiently waits for all the beach body coaches to chime in*

LMAO! Love it! I am a coach, my honest opinion, I prefer resistance training to all cardio. Insanity is good, but not my favorite.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!