Couch-to-5K - Who's In?

Options

Replies

• ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options

Thank you for this, just what I need to put on my Ipod! (: Motivated me more to go for a run tomorrow!
  • CAN_DO
    CAN_DO Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im in ..... add me as a friend as we can all do oit together x :)
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    Just finished my first day! I only did 7 out of the 8 minutes due to breathing control, but I'm feeling good about it and can't wait for my next run! :D I'm hoping everyone is feeling as good as I am today! (:
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I was going to start tomorrow (Tuesday) but I will begin tonight! I will post tomorrow and let everyone know how I did.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I was on week 4 day 2 when I lost my motivation and time to exercise. I have 3 guys with baseball games 4 nights a week. Just running on empty lately. I will start back on week 3 tonight to get going again.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm in, just printed my schedule
  • DuckieMom
    DuckieMom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I need to be added as friend to the group, too. :flowerforyou: I am on week 4 started today. Loved/hated it, but I'm glad we are doing this together!
  • amyisley17
    amyisley17 Posts: 18
    Options
    I did week 2 day 1 today.
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm on week 5. Hoping to run a full 5K in September.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting Week 4 tonight. :)
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

thanks for this....i have a dream that someday i'll be able to run in a race...but running kills me, i can't breath is the main problem. I don't have asma (can't spell) but i just get outta breath and then i feel like i'm going to throw up. but i still have the dream....maybe i can do with with you all and the great advice. any advise on how to breath during running? is there some kinda "secret" that will help me learn this??

I too have asthma. A tip my doctor told me was to use your rescue inhaler about 15-30 minutes before you go exercise, even if you are not feeling symptoms. Actually, since I've started working out more regularly my rescue inhaler has been collecting dust in my purse. I also take Singulair daily and that has helped wonderfully. Another tip is just to take it slow. I agree with another poster that this is not about speed right now, it's about endurance. I am jogging pretty slowly right now, averaging 4.5mph. I think the key is doing what feels good and ok. You don't want to dread the workout!

I just did day 1 of week 2 today. I am doing the treadmill version. We have a running track, but it is already getting hot and humid in Louisiana, plus I like watching tv while I do the workout. Here's the link to the treadmill version I use, I love it!!

http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Glad this thread is started!! I am looking forward to keeping up and staying motivated.
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    not been following the program just been running as far as i can manage every day in 10 mins on the wii fit. toady i got just under 4.5k :D thats 2k more than i could do when i started getting fit whould have been more but the wii kept tripping over lol. good luck all
  • jennin2010
    jennin2010 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm in. Looks interesting
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Week 4 here! Doing a 5k in September and would love to be able to run the whole thing. Count me in.
  • Losinitforgood
    Losinitforgood Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am actually doing that program as well... Starting over week 2 today because I missed 2 days last week! Can't wait to be able to run for a longer distance... right now the 90 seconds is hard for me.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 yesterday! Let's do this!
  • cheann1978
    cheann1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have been running for about 6 weeks now, and slowly gaining distance. I impress myself every now and again. I was doing the run 5k on the ipod, but this program looks just as good. I figure where I am is about equal to w5d1 - so that is where I am going to carry on with this program!!! ;) I appreciate the inspiration!
  • TashiTashi
    TashiTashi Posts: 3
    Options
    Just finished W1D2. :D

The bugs were bad. I think I ate a few.
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Options
    I did week 2 day 1 today.

How was it compared to week 1? I go to week 2 on Wednesday and I'm worried!
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If anyone's starting - add me! I'm on day 2 of week 1 now :)