MOMS & DADS....what's your car and do you like it?

Options

Replies

• mnharrington
    mnharrington Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am mom to a 13 year old and refuse to give up my sport coupe. I have a Scion Tc that I completely adore.
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    DODGE DURANGO...LOVE IT...ENOUGH ROOM FOR MY PUPPIES!!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Subaru Outback! Awesome, tough, comfortable, all around vehicle with lots of room for kids' stuff. Wouldn't trade it for any other.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kiddos and I just traded in my Tahoe and Truck for a Cruze and a 45th anniversary Camaro :) and yes I love both! Plus they get better gas mileage. BUT I will tell you that they are no where near as comfortable as my Tahoe on trips :)
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are having our third child on 6/28 and we just bought a Honda Odyssey. The space is wonderful, it drives really nice and is super comfortable.

We got a nice used one for under 20K - the new ones can get expensive!

Highly recommended though - we love it.
  • vmessyness
    vmessyness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    toyota yaris.
    i love it, it's tiny but five seats, and gas milage is pretty good!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have a Hyundai Sonata. I'm also a soccer mom. It has amazing trunk space!!! I can easily fit both of the smaller boys bikes in there.
    And it's very stylish and relativly affordable with a 10 year warranty.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I've never driven a "mom" car.
    My next car is going to be a Challenger, but it will be about a year before I buy it!
  • ajburroughs
    ajburroughs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 4 and have a Ford Expedition. Love it! The back two rows all fold down flat if we need it. It drives great, turns and parks better than my husband's Saturn. Gas is the only downfall. It's expensive but with 4 kids, there's not a whole lot of choice out there. And it seems to have a lot more room than my friends' vans.
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm tired of the soccer mom minivans...I'm on my 4th one now.
    Is it just me, or has every minivan you know of had the engine or transmission die?
    This is why my husband won't let us get a minivan because there doesn't seem to be one without history of engine or transmission problems.

Been driving my mini van for 5 years with no problems
  • cyrstephaniec
    cyrstephaniec Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have an 8.5 yr old, 6 yr old and 3 yr old. Currently driving a Hyundai Entourage mini van (I hate this car), it's a great van, but I hate driving a van! We are looking at getting me a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe with 7 seats when the come out! I had a Santa Fe before I had my youngest, but it was only a 5 seater so had to move up to a van. They are getting old enough now, that I want my SUV back!
  • spareparts79
    spareparts79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Dodge 3/4 diesel pickup quad-cab. Plenty of room for our three kids in the back seat. Plenty of room in the bed to haul anything you want and enough power to tow things you really should not be pulling. :)

No other pick-up owners here?!?!

Edit . . . Oh ya, its my favorite vehicle I have ever owned!
  • thaphatdiva
    thaphatdiva Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Jeep Cherokee (Laredo). I usually have 3 car seats in mine for my son and 2 nieces. It's got lots of room.
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have a Honda Pilot and I absolutely LOVE it. By far my favorite car of all I have ever owned. It seats 8 which means it's plenty big for us, the 2 kids and the 80 lb dog. I can lay the 3rd row of seats down when needed for storage. Or, I can lay both rows of seats down and haul some pretty impressive stuff. Everyone teases me that I need a truck :-) Even when gas hit almost $4/gallon here I have never once complained about the 18 mpg city that I get with it.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd Honda Odyssey and I LOVE IT!!! This is my 4th Honda and I have never ever had a problem! And I am not the greatest at maintaining my cars. I have driven all of them well over 100,000 and only needed to do basic stuff (brakes, tires, oil changes, ect).

In fact, I am hoping to get a Pilot next.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Dodge Durango. Perfect for my family of 5 and our snowy winters but the gas KILLS me!!!!
  • holbrook23
    holbrook23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drive what every mom of twins drives...a dodge charger and a jeep wrangler ;) I like them both
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee -- I love it! Its ok on gas and pretty powerful.

We used to have a van (Voyager) but the kids are older now, so the wife and I have normal cars. She has a Kia and I have the Jeep.

jeepcherokee.jpg
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    GMC Acadia.

I really like it. The trunk is smaller than I'd like, and the " fold flat " back seat doesn't fold QUITE flat.

But : I like having 2 captains chairs instead of a middle bench.

This is what I drive. I have 3 kids (9, 4,2). We have the one with 4 captain chairs. Best vehicle for a family of 5 in my opinion. Plenty of room and the trunk is around 21 cubic feet while a Tahoe is around 16 cubic feet. The suburbon would have more but I don't want the gas OR THAT big of a car. My 3rd row drops easily and is flat.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a 2001 chevy suburban. I thought it was way to big at first. Now I am in love with it! It is very roomy.
    I have three teenage boys, and three dogs. It has the captains chairs in front, middle, and a bench seat in the back.
    The only thing I would recomend is getting the one with 2 doors on the back like mine. The ones with the back hatch that you raise up are very inconvinent.
    I also love the dual A/C and heated seats. :)

Sounds like me! I have a 2003 Suburban, I hate the gas mileage, but I have been all over in that truck, never had any repairs up until a couple of weeks ago (that stunk though) and I have 115,000 miles on it : ) super plus - paid for! My kids are all tall and they fit!