Snacks for the week...What do you buy?

Options

Replies

• mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Snyders of Hanover Eat Smart Veggie Sticks (reminds me of Muncho's - only healthier - not as salty and doesn't tear up your mouth).
    Celery stuffed with garden veggie cream cheese or peanut butter.
    Luna bars (Chocolate Peppermint Stick is sinfully delicious).
    Cottage cheese with beets.
    Steamed cauliflower seasoned with Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Seasoning.
    Sauteed asparagus - seasoned with Mrs. Dash Italian.
    Devilled eggs (made with a little light mayo or greek yogurt, spicy mustard and a dash of hot sauce).
    Fresh fruit.
    Cucumbers.
    Left-overs from dinner.
    Rice cakes.
    Low sodium crackers.
    Greek yogurt.
  • shabounds
    shabounds Posts: 47
    Options
    I eat raw snap peas with Hummas. I like the Athernos brand Spicy Three Pepper Hummas... It's the bomb!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Sliced apples with lemon and chili. I could eat that all day.
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a busy schedule and i hate shopping. I started ordering from a company called Nature Box. They send you 5 healthy snacks (each snack is a few servings) in a box monthly. They pick out the snacks for you...it comes right to the your door. Ive had it for 2 months now...love it.
  • MsSickOfBeingFluffy
    MsSickOfBeingFluffy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes w/string cheese

Cashew Clusters

Apples w/peanut butter

Cottage cheese w/cherry tomatoes

Toasted WW toast w/laughing cow cheese

Hard boiled eggs
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Prunes or Black mission figs
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, whole grain biscuits, fruit (mango, blueberries, grapes, apples, bananas, strawberries), greek yoghurt and nuts! And chocolate :P
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My husband likes one hard boiled egg chopped with tuna and a tbsp of Italian dressing....he swears by it LOL!!

I also snack a lot, it usually cottage cheese and fruit, peanut butter on apples with granola, hummus and veggies with cheese are some of my favs!! :)
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Fruit. Veggies. More Fruit. More Veggies. Rice Cakes. Cottage Cheese with my some of my fruit. Hummus on my rice cakes.
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    broccoli & hummus
    string cheese
    apple & 1/2 of banana
    package of mixed nuts
    cottage cheese
    scrambled eggs

this is a typical day of snacks for me.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I did a veggie challenge in March and found out that a lot of veggies steamed the night before and then just reheated the day of with a bit of salt and pepper were yummy. Summer squash, okra, broccoli, cauliflower, etc...edamame is good too. I generally though do greek yogurt with berries, hard boiled eggs, citrus (love citrus), almonds, peanut butter and apples or bananas, carrots, cucumbers, etc.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    most common for me are carrots, oranges, oatmeal, cheese, rice cakes, strawberries, cantaloupe, pop corn, kiwi.... the list goes on snacks are not something i really struggle with.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    string cheese, granola bars, mango, pineapple, cheddar quaker rice snacks, crackers, yogurt, veggies and dip
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I eat raw snap peas with Hummas. I like the Athernos brand Spicy Three Pepper Hummas... It's the bomb!

Love hummus! Have a couple of recipes that I make in the beginning of the week sometimes and take veggies with me. I need to put that on my meal plan next week.
  • loope1
    loope1 Posts: 14
    Options
    We buy the packages of precooked chicken breast strips at Costco and often times just eat an ounce or two of that for a snack.

We also will eat it in a whole grain/wheat tortilla with black beans, avocado, cucumber, lettuce and a few chicken breast strips, sometimes add a splash of hot sauce and/ or fat free sour cream.

Peanutbutter and Chocolate protein bar w/ a half a banana.

Celery and laughing cow or peanut butter or hummus..
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    mozzarella cheese sticks made w/ 2% low fat milk

are one of the biggest things my scale has ever had to face.

never again.

I think I may have 10 between now and when I die because of that hard-learned truth.

What does this mean? What "hard-learned truth" are you talking about?

FACE*DESK
    are one of the biggest things my scale has ever had to face.
  • Adrienne2001
    Options
    bump to read later for ideas
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I make lara bars. Google the recipe. But you need a food processor and they have lots of sugar because of the dates so I don't eat them often.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Gotta love wasabi flavored almonds from Trader Joe's!

I also love adding a scoop of protein powder to a cup of coffee. it's like a mocha, but very filling.
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump