How to lose body fat % Great article.

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I've also herd carbs before 6 and not after. It has something to do with carbs being stored as fat if not burned off I think, but you can disregard that if you are active after 6 like that's when you workout or something, most peoples metabolism slows down at night to get ready for bed I've been told, so carbs late+not being active=fat gain (not weight gain, but fat gain...it is still possible to lose weight and increase your bf%) these are things my trainer, who is a nutritionist as well told me.

no offense but this information is completely wrong. your metabolism does "not slow down to get ready for bed.."

another case in point of a trainer/nutritionist not knowing what they are talking about. If they are so far off base on this, what else are they screwing up? you might want to get a new trainer

^^this
    Wow, I had no idea. It seemed like sound logic the way he put it too....like your fasting for 8 hours when you sleep. Good to know then.

You have to fast for far longer than 8 hours to see any metabolic impact.
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    Bump
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bumpy
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    bump
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Alot of times you hear the 1+ gallon per day, but here's another way to calculate your water needs.

Active = 1.2 milliliter per calorie (1.2 liters per thousand calories)

Inactive = 1 milliliter per calorie (1 liter per thousand calories)
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    Great, just what I need :-)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    eat all your carbs before 6 pm? use a fat burning suplement?

there is some ok stuff in this article but also alot of junk.

just eat good, drink water, walk and play more

^ Agreed, and I think there's more junk than correct info overall.

I'm with you bro. I thought it was pretty bogus overall with a sprinling of truth mixed in.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Great, just what I need :-)

to do what?
  • 10bgone
    10bgone Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    bumpy x
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump for later. thanks
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed! Thanks!
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll have to read this later. I like that the author acknowledges high up that what you do in part depends on your goals and your current weight status.

Wow. According to his classifications, I'm somewhere between "Smooth" and "Moderately Overweight." :laugh: Maybe if it were age-adjusted I'd do better.

Yeah seriously. According to this I'm moderately overweight. Um, I'm 115 lbs (after having lost 20 lbs). Those body fat percentages seem really low in the article. According to this website below I have 26% body fat which is NORMAL.

http://www.healthyforms.com/helpful-tools/body-fat-percentage.php
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll have to read this later. I like that the author acknowledges high up that what you do in part depends on your goals and your current weight status.

Wow. According to his classifications, I'm somewhere between "Smooth" and "Moderately Overweight." :laugh: Maybe if it were age-adjusted I'd do better.

Yeah seriously. According to this I'm moderately overweight. Um, I'm 115 lbs (after having lost 20 lbs). Those body fat percentages seem really low in the article. According to this website below I have 26% body fat which is NORMAL.

http://www.healthyforms.com/helpful-tools/body-fat-percentage.php

According to this website, I'm in the healthy range, but it estimates my body fat % at 24%, significantly higher than my Tanita scale (19 to 20%). I always suspected my scale measured my bf a little low, but not this much. Again, wow.

I'm trying to stay informed without deluding myself. That's hard these days with all the conflicting information.
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    thanks , bump