Girls who lift

Options
1235»

Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason
    Jessica Paxon-Putnam (maybe just paxson/paxon now)
    Marzia Prince
    Trish Warren
    Dana Linn Bailey
    Jenna Renae
    Brandy Dahl
    Christina Lindley
    Ava Cowan
    Laura Michelle Prestin

I could go on and on.... these ladies LIFT! And they are freakin' gorgeous. They inspire the hell out of me, especially Jamie and Brandy!

Love and admire these gorgeous gals too....Amanda Latona is awesome as well. I hope to be that hot someday...it ain't easy that's for sure!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    this would be a great gift

girly_girls_lift_weights_tshirt-p235039136489522999gsv1_325.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *In Garth style* "Thank you, I like to lift"

I would say I am more often than not the only female that enters, and stays for more than one minute, in the weights area at the gym. Which is a shame

That's with the exception of an amazing mysterious woman who was awesome at chin ups...she was only there twice...and I never saw her again.

That is my story.

I think it can be intimidating... those of us that don't really know what we're doing (yet - like the OPs girlfriend), it can be a little scary :grumble:

It is scary over there at first, but you just keep going and trying, and it gets easier. Eventually you get to loving the iron.

At some point, I'll either need to hire a PT or meet an MFP female lifter closer by to show me the ropes *LOL* I'm admittedly, way too scared to figure it out on my own. Pathetic. I know ;)
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    this would be a great gift

girly_girls_lift_weights_tshirt-p235039136489522999gsv1_325.jpg

Cool shirt!

I vote for The New Rules Of Lifting For Women. I am currently on Stage 4 and love it.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My favorites are squats, leg curls, leg press and shoulder press.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Folks,

This thread just required an awful lot of cleanup.

Please be mindful of not hi-jacking threads with your own agendas. The OP was asking for exercise suggestions. How we got five pages deep into a discussion of sexuality, "acceptable" body types, and gender identity is beyond me.

Watch out for these guidelines please, or the thread will be locked in the future:
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sorry, Steven :blushing: I got upset. If it's any consolation, I tried to self-censor, but was past the edit timeline *LOL*

xoxo
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm following new rules of lifting for women it has a bunch of exercises and a 6 month program :)
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Tell her to pick up a book called The New Rules of Lifting for Women; I think that would be a good place to start.
    ^ this
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I started With new rules of lifting for women, but stopped it when the program switched to not having back squats. That's my favorite. I HATE doing deadlifts, but I love what they do for me. I'm still sore from my deadlift PR on Sunday lol
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Add Cathe Friedrich in there too! I'm starting her STS program in 2 weeks, super psyched. Right now I lift heavy 3x a week....it's definitely an addiction! The heavier, the better. :)
  • tori_grr
    tori_grr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I actually go with my husband and do exactly what he does :) obviously lighter weights and more reps, I love it. It makes me feel strong, and my husband is there to help me, I've gotten pretty strong with dumbell rows, I also love doing tire flips
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    Heavy lifter here!!! I love it!!! Squats and clean and jerks are your best friends :) i started out with New Rules and now kindve make my own accOrding to what I enjoy doing - enjoyment is key! I love cardio so I have to find a balance to keep me happy!
  • Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)