Women That Sweat: Sexy or Gross??

KySny82
KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
Alright, gentlemen (and ladies who'd like to comment), I've had this discussion with one of my gym-rat friends numerous times & we always disagree. While walking tonight & watching the pool of sweat slowly form on the front of my t-shirt in utter embarassment, I decided to open this topic up for debate on here....I apologize if this has already been covered in previous forum posts.

Are women that sweat while working out sexy or gross? Keep in mind that when I say sweat, I mean dripping sweat-soaked shirts, not the cute little beads of sweat that form above a woman's lip or on her forehead. I, personally, think I sweat WAY too much during a workout & I cringe every time I leave a gym class to walk past all the men and women lifting weights or running in their dry shirts, while mine is soaked & clinging to me. I take a towel with me to my Zumba classes & sometimes that isn't even enough to keep it under control.

Last week, my friend looked at me as I moaned & groaned about how disgusting I looked after our workout & said, "I like watching you sweat because I'm jealous I don't sweat like that." It made me laugh, but I also found it strange how anyone would wish the sweaty mess (at least I think so) I go through following every workout on themself, haha.

So let me have it...obviously, I won't be offended if you think it's gross because, well quite frankly, I can't change the fact that I sweat, but I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

1, 2, 3, go! :)

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    sexy :
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    neither sexy nor gross.

women that sweat: lose weight.
  • Tania116
    Tania116 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey, I sweat the same way! Like soaking wet after a class or even an interval weight session. I have always been embarassed too. So I am looking forward to the responses, but your not alone in being a sweaty woman!! haha
    People always tell me it is awesome! but I know how ya feel
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    It's only sexy if she's hot already. Same for guys
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Sexy. Period. End of story.
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    have to say my daily workouts make me sweat like crazy- I feel so yuuuuck, but in the end I will be sexy so thats what counts right? LOL A lot of guys at my gym think its hot....
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    I think people who sweat heavy are very sexy. I like the fact that they are working hard to improve their bodies. I think they are confident that while they are exercising and dripping they don't care what other people think. I know they are also the people who always wipe down the machines after they are done.

Oh yeah I too sweat and drip and I don't care ...but oh how good that shower feels when I am done
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    I don't find it either I guess... I mean, I see sweat and I'm like "damn, they're working hard" and I'm impressed. But I don't want to jump anyone's bones because they're beasting their workout. Maybe after they shower, then we can talk ;)
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Oh yeah I too sweat and drip and I don't care ...but oh how good that shower feels when I am done

Same here!
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    I think it's sexy!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    neither sexy nor gross.

women that sweat: lose weight.

Agreed. Sweating while working out is alright with me. Now sweating in nice clothes not moving- gross.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    I sweat like crazy...leave little drips everywhere if I do pushups or anything like that in the middle of my workout. I try not to let it bother me, but every once in a while I'd like to lay down on the mat and NOT leave a sweat angel.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    I don't think sexy, I think of it as progress. I'm proud to see my shirt drenched by the end of a workout. That means I kicked butt!! :glasses:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Sweating in the gym is sexy.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    I feel gross after I am sweating after a workout...So gross as for me sweating, although I would like to think I look sexy :laugh: ... Although the reality is..I clearly to do not look sexy sweating.. AT ALL :grumble: :laugh:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    A woman with a nice bod working up a sweat in some shorts or tight pants and tank top is way way hot. The sweat is not a turn off.
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Um...maybe a little gross sometimes, especially when I'm on the treadmill and the bottom of my ponytail gets sweaty from my back and then it kinda drips everywhere...I just have to be careful not to turn my head too fast or I get the guy next to me sweaty, too :P
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Some folks just sweat a lot - is it a sign you are working really hard? Those that don't sweat maybe don't work hard enough OR just don't sweat.

I sweat a lot which I can deal with but hate when my face goes beet red.
  • Um...maybe a little gross sometimes, especially when I'm on the treadmill and the bottom of my ponytail gets sweaty from my back and then it kinda drips everywhere...I just have to be careful not to turn my head too fast or I get the guy next to me sweaty, too :P

This made me lol. This has happened to me. So embarrassing!!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    It's only sexy if she's hot already. Same for guys

Definitely.

Also, a womans sweat is SO not even the same thing as a mans. I've never dated a woman who smelled WORSE from sweat. Different sometimes, but never worse.