BURN what you eat!

Options
I know i may get blasted for this topic or belief but shoot me i am superman

Eat the calories you will be burning during your workout pre workout not post workout
this will fuel your body properly for your workout and you will be able to burn whet you eat

I dont believe that if you eat 250 calories all morning and workout lets say for 2 hrs and it says you burned 1200 cals that you will actually burn them unless they are readily in your system , i know you can argue the fact that your burning fat but truthfully fat doesnt break down that fast, and most likely your body willl in turn burn less calories to protect itself

so i say if i am going to bust out a large workout , i am going to prepare my body for the workout a few hrs earlier
now you will also need to fuel your body according to they type of workout you will be doing
if i am going to run or be doing 90% cardio , i better eat at least 60-80% carbs
if i am going to lift heavy i can cut back on some of those carbs and eat a meal which has more protien and unsaturated fats but will still need at least 50% carbs and post meals will be mostly protien , less carbs since i will not be burning much sitting driving and walking.

Replies

• Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    any questions or comments ! shoot
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have lost 57 pounds so far and I always increase my food during the day when I know I am going to go to the gym. I don't really look at what % of protein or carbs that I get, usually just a good mix. My goals for the day are 40/30/30 so I just look at the overall day's macros. I find that I am able to push harder when I have had more to eat. The bonus to this is that its harder for me to back out of going to the gym because I have to burn some calories for dinner because I have already eaten my day's worth.
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Interesting stuff! So if I plan on running between lunch and dinner what would you suggest?
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is makes sense to me...... I know when I eat more during the day and I have to run or have a intense workout planned after work, I can push and last alot longer than if I ate like a bird all day.

Thanks for this!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i somewhat do this, and i am atively losing.

I dont eat my exercise calories, exactly, but i eat more (see the bazillion topics on eat more ot lose weight, BMR, TDEE, etc) and that means i eat more throughout the day everyday, and i work to increase my protein especially on lifting days. Fueling the body is a great and wonderful thing, and i certianly have more steam or umph in my workouts when i am eating properly and well to fuel me through my workout!
  • Deeranged1
    Deeranged1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great topic!
    :smile:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    oh so i guess I better start working out at night---all that heavy lifting in the A.M. has been giving me fake P.Rs and my body is burning no calories at all. Oh yeah, and those people who IF and then eat post workout--that's fake bodyfat being lost.

You have to be kidding me--this has to be the most absurd thing I've read all week.
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    This is interesting and makes a lot of sense, but what about those people who work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (as I did today and do many days?) I can't possibly eat before I go to the gym at 5:00am.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    i know you can argue the fact that your burning fat but truthfully fat doesnt break down that fast, and most likely your body willl in turn burn less calories to protect itself
    If our bodies had the option of using fewer calories to accomplish the same activity, that's what they would do. This makes no sense from an evolutionary point of view. Or a scientific one. Your body can't decide it needs less fuel to operate, anymore than your car could make that choice.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Your body does not care whether you eat your calories in the hours before your workout, or in the hours after your workout. It only cares that you consistantly eat enough to fuel the workout.

If I add gas to my car on a regular basis, I won't run out of gas.

If I add fuel to my body on a regular basis, I won't run out of fuel.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    the OP has to be trolling. This is utterly ridiculous and should not be taken seriously.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Obviously stupid post is obviously stupid.

I believe that the OP is a mega troll and the MFP members agreeing with the OP's ridonkulous thread are extremely uneducated on the subject matter of food and nutrition.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    i know you can argue the fact that your burning fat but truthfully fat doesnt break down that fast, and most likely your body willl in turn burn less calories to protect itself
    If our bodies had the option of using fewer calories to accomplish the same activity, that's what they would do. This makes no sense from an evolutionary point of view. Or a scientific one. Your body can't decide it needs less fuel to operate, anymore than your car could make that choice.
    its going to use your muscle and u will get fatigued or run low on sugar and pass out eventually
  • christyrp90
    christyrp90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My problem is that if I eat within a few hours of my workout, I get terrible cramps and can't even push through my workout. It's very frustrating.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    oh so i guess I better start working out at night---all that heavy lifting in the A.M. has been giving me fake P.Rs and my body is burning no calories at all. Oh yeah, and those people who IF and then eat post workout--that's fake bodyfat being lost.

You have to be kidding me--this has to be the most absurd thing I've read all week.

I agree with this^^^ Guess my weightloss has been fake too.
    Im curious to know, what are the professional credentials on whoever posted this topic??
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Your body does not care whether you eat your calories in the hours before your workout, or in the hours after your workout. It only cares that you consistantly eat enough to fuel the workout.

If I add gas to my car on a regular basis, I won't run out of gas.

If I add fuel to my body on a regular basis, I won't run out of fuel.
    That's why we have "storage".
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    Interesting stuff! So if I plan on running between lunch and dinner what would you suggest?
    i would eat a luch which was mostly carbs , dinner mostly protien and veggies
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    its going to use your muscle and u will get fatigued or run low on sugar and pass out eventually

The human body is constantly burning a combination of macros for fuel. It is never burning only fat or only muscle.