Post-babies, post-c-section tummy pics

Options

Replies

• sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow those photos are amazing!!! You've done amazingly well! I cant believe how good your tummy looks!!!
  • laphillips12
    laphillips12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

What did your tummy look like after c-section before weight loss. Or did your tummy go down almost straight away? Shame you didn't post those pics.

Well, here they are. I obviously didn't go from hugely pregnant to flat belly with no in-betweens.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/today2-1.jpg[/img]

Again, bear in mind that my youngest child is 7 now, so it's been a while. The "heaviest" pics are when I weighed around 165-170 post c/s #2. That heaviest picture is probably a good 6-9 months post-partum. Then in order of left to right I probably weighed 150, 135 and 128-130. I'm now at 120lbs.
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 babies! My oldest is almost 4 and my youngest is 20 months!

This is me at 9 months with my youngest!
    PReG.jpg

And this is my belly this morning... Not exactly where I want it to be, but looking good!
    7789d928.jpg
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi! I feel like I can contribute to a thread for once!

I have 3 children aged 3, 2, and an 11 month old. I was basically pregnant for 3 years.

I'm 5 weeks into p90x but haven't taken a recent progress photo. This was after 2 weeks:
    2weekresults.jpg

I have a lot of loose skin and stretchmarks but they honestly don't bother me. I just want to stop having having to pull my jeans up OVER my loose skin when I sit.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the inspiration ladies! I've had 2 vaginal births and even though I've hit my goal weight I still have a belly and loose skin. I'm only 4 months post partum so I'm hoping with time and weight lifting (which I start this week, NROLW) that I can at least tighten and flatten my tummy as much as possible and hopefully tighten up some of this loose skin. I'm happy with the rest of my body, but this tummy is ridiculous.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. I am a 2x c=section mom too and have a horrible pooch! but hoping I can end up even close to what you guys look like.
    this is me. my youngest is 15 months and I'm hoping to lose at least some of the tummy pooch.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational! I have my stretch marks and those don't bother me...it's the fact that I have jowls. I gained 65 pounds with my twins, lost 45 pounds, then got pregnant with baby girl and gained 50 pounds(so I weighed even more than with the boys), and I'm finally to my pre-pregnancy weight (which obviously wasn't great). So yes...three babies under 2...ack! I survived though. LOL. I'm working on losing some more but mainly want to tone up all around.

My question...who seriously had jowls...I'm not talking pooch, I'm not talking "loose" skin...I'm talking hanging, sagging skin(anybody see that episode of Jon & Kate plus 8 when she showed her tummy before surgery...think that)? Mind you I'm 3.5 years out from my youngest and I still have that.

Other question...any of you have a diastsis recti...I've been told that can only be corrected by surgery since I still have it this far out from having children? My abdominal muscles separated when pregnant with the boys, and, although better now than closer to being post postum, I still have a three finger width separation. Just curious.
  • womaninashoe6
    Options
    Truly inspirational! I have my stretch marks and those don't bother me...it's the fact that I have jowls. I gained 65 pounds with my twins, lost 45 pounds, then got pregnant with baby girl and gained 50 pounds(so I weighed even more than with the boys), and I'm finally to my pre-pregnancy weight (which obviously wasn't great). So yes...three babies under 2...ack! I survived though. LOL. I'm working on losing some more but mainly want to tone up all around.

My question...who seriously had jowls...I'm not talking pooch, I'm not talking "loose" skin...I'm talking hanging, sagging skin(anybody see that episode of Jon & Kate plus 8 when she showed her tummy before surgery...think that)? Mind you I'm 3.5 years out from my youngest and I still have that.

Other question...any of you have a diastsis recti...I've been told that can only be corrected by surgery since I still have it this far out from having children? My abdominal muscles separated when pregnant with the boys, and, although better now than closer to being post postum, I still have a three finger width separation. Just curious.
  • asasser2002
    asasser2002 Posts: 26
    Options
    Bump... to read later
  • womaninashoe6
    Options
    I have had 6 kids, 2 of them by c section (yes I said 6). I am only about a third of the way to my goal, but I have resigned myself to the stretch marks and loose skin. I had an emergency bowel resection in the middle of the kids, so I have a scar that goes from my belly button down to the c section scars (not attractive and def accentuates the "jowls"). I do also have the separation thing (never knew there was a name for it) and I didn't' think there was anything that could be done. Battle scars to be sure. So IS there something to be done or do I need to go back to resignation?
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You inspire me and my two time c-section belly.

This! Congrats! You look amazing :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There "is" hope! Woooo!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a c-section with mine, but I have to say, I am so impressed with not only how you look (because you look absolutely FABULOUS), but with how c-section scars are so much better these days in terms of being more non-invasive and minimal on the body. I've seen some from 20 years ago that go all the way up the abdomen, and the ones now are so much cleaner!

Good for you, because you look pretty dern spiffy! ;)
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This. is. awesomeeeeee. It can be done!!
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Thanks so much for posting and for the inspration.
    I have had two C-section babies, my son is 4 and my daughter 17 months. I gained about the same as you with both.
    Unfortunately I have stretch marks but at least I know now that the skin should shrink back
  • asasser2002
    asasser2002 Posts: 26
    Options
    You've given me hope!!! My baby boy was born Nov. 2011 - 9lb 13oz. I totally have flabby mommy tummy but I see that I can change that!!! Thank you so much!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

What did your tummy look like after c-section before weight loss. Or did your tummy go down almost straight away? Shame you didn't post those pics.

Well, here they are. I obviously didn't go from hugely pregnant to flat belly with no in-betweens.

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/today2-1.jpg[/img]

Again, bear in mind that my youngest child is 7 now, so it's been a while. The "heaviest" pics are when I weighed around 165-170 post c/s #2. That heaviest picture is probably a good 6-9 months post-partum. Then in order of left to right I probably weighed 150, 135 and 128-130. I'm now at 120lbs.

Thanks for that - you did well. You're lucky you didn't seem to have much of a pouch (unless can't see it) which I have under the belly-button. My profile pic doesn't show the pouch under my belly-button. Hoping that will firm up when I lose it.

I'm so glad that c-sections are now performed with a horizontal line rather than vertical. I had a horizontal - much easier to hide then vertical.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

I had jowls, and separated abs, both I had fixed with a tummy tuck in January, these things I couldn't fix without surgery. :/ I would do it again in a HB! :)
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So there really is hope for me?!?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!