What are you drinking when everything is bad for you?

Options

Replies

• sassyjvg
    sassyjvg Posts: 32
    Options
    stevia!!! 0 cals, very sweet, easy to grow, dry and turn into powder or cheap to buy already made, plus there are some studies that it has some health benefits :)
    Say WHAAAT? You are my hero! PLEase do share how to grow and the whole process because my need for stevia is great but my pockets could use a little help!!!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I just drink water.
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Coffee< no sweetner, tea< no sweetner and water. Really love beer but not admitting that. That artificial stuff is crap!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like carbonated mineral water - especially with a squeeze of lime on ice. Fizzy water fools my throat into thinking I am having a beer, so I enjoy it and drink less beer. Club soda and Arrowhead mineral water are cheap compared to Pellegrino and other high-end aqua mineralles, and taste fine. Pellegrino does have smaller tighter bubbles......
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    Mostly water, I'l add some lemon if I want flavor, I drink coffee with fat free creamer in it, and almond milk and coconut milk as well. I'll treat myself every once in awhile to a soda.
  • macylane4
    macylane4 Posts: 224
    Options
    WATER WATER WATER!!! THat is all I drink! I also drink green tea because it has vitamins in it, and it helps speed up metabolism! I say drink what you want, but if there are calories....do that much extra in a work out!! Don't ever deprive yourself or else it will not be a life change! I've realized you don't t have to watch what you eat if you work the calories off!!
    Good luck, and happy drinking!!!
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If you live somewhere like London where the tap water tastes rank (and there are rumours that a glass of it has already passed through several people's bodies), then I can understand not wanting to drink water. If you have reasonably nice tap water, then you can get yourself to not only be accustomed to the taste of water, but actually enjoy it. Or just drink bottled water, and remember that different ones taste different so it you don't like one doesn't mean you won't like any of them. If you're used to only drinking very sweet tasting drinks then water seems really bland and boring, but if you start drinking it anyway (and it's not actually rank like London water) your tastes will start to change after a while.

Where I live the climate is such that I have to drink about 3 litres of fluid (more if exercising a lot) just to stay hydrated, and if I tried getting that through soft drinks I'd either put on a ton of weight, and I'm intolerant to aspartame so diet drinks are out of the question, 330ml's enough to make me ill

I also drink quite a lot of tea including fruit teas. If you have them without any milk or sugar they are extremely low calorie. They too are an acquired taste but it's well worth acquiring the taste for them because then you have a large range of different drinks to keep things interesting, plus you'll also enjoy drinking water. I hardly ever drink anything that has a significant amount of calories in, even in restaurants these days I drink water with my meal because a) to avoid the calories and b) the taste of sugary drinks tends to clash with the meal anyway* so I enjoy the meal more if I'm drinking water.

*I don't drink alcohol and live in a country where it's illegal and restaurants serve a huge variety of very sweet and creative fruit cocktails instead. Each one probably has the calories of an entire meal!!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    water.
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love mint tea (boiled mint leaves) with stevia in the evenings, it also helps with digestion. Unsweet tea with stevia or (gasp) one spenda. I think moderation is key. I like coke zero and I'll have diet coke when i'm out to eat...I personally don't think its a big deal if you keep it under control. Coffee is king with stevia and skim milk (I got used to it) OH and WATER... a little lemon and stevia goes a long way with that too.
  • zora182
    zora182 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, 1% Chocolate Milk, Keurig travel mug size coffee's with Pure cane sugar and International delight hershey chocolate and caramel coffee creamer, to name a few and have managed to lose alittle weight.......

:wink: THIS!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal light type of stuff (Usually the snapple packets instead cause I get them for a buck or Wylers-$1 for 10 at the dollar store/Target) here and there, water gets boring, but I don't want to waste calories on drinks. Sometimes I will brew the big tea bags and make a pitcher of green tea and I add a little sweetener and lemons in my glass.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Water, milk, coffee, tea. The odd diet pop. Really, you need to realize that drinking things like milk is important even though there are calories involved. Just because it's calories doesn't mean it's bad.
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I drink Tazo Zen Green tea in the morning (I don't add anything to it). Then I drink water all day in till I finish my 8 cups. Sometimes I'll have a beer or a glass of wine after that (trying to keep it to two times a week and only one or two). If I drink juice in the morning I don't drank more the 8 oz and have been only doing that a couple times a week. I also bought an OJ that is half the calories and half the sugar (only 10 grams) or I drank V8.
  • Valdeceit
    Valdeceit Posts: 5
    Options
    I avoid artifically sweetned beverages when possible, but at times I'll treat myself to a sugar-free Red Bull.

Outside of that, however- mostly hot/iced tea of any sorts (I have about ten different flavors at home. I love tea!) and water flavored with lemon, cucumbers, and ginger. Coffee occasionally, although I do drink it black.

When I want something sweet, though, I like HonestTea's products, especially the Honey Green Tea (70 cals. a bottle, sweetened with honey) or the HonestKids juice since the sugar content is so low.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I hear that crystal light is bad, diet snapple half and half is bad, anything diet, zero calories, lite. If they are all bad and could possible stall weight loss what do you drink when you want some flavor and something other than water?

I like crystal light and diet snapple half and half (its made from the best stuff on earth):wink:

What else is out there with flavor and wont kill me?

Flavored seltzer water.

Though you do realize what the leading cause of death is, right?

LIFE.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple and healthy....water, coffee or beer ;)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly tea (hot or cold), water, soy milk, beer and wine. I occasionally have Lipton diet green tea with citrus. And I have a V8 several times a week, but I consider that more of a food, than a drink.

I more rarely have things like crystal lite or other diet water mixes, and more rarely soda.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I drink water and green tea. That's it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Le sigh + eye roll

I drink what I want. I start every day with my joe (milk + sweet n low + sometimes nommy flavored creamer). Sometimes I drink plain water, sometimes I drink it with propel powder, sometimes crystal light powder, recently I've been drinking it with MiO (B vitamins or energy). In the evening I drink wine.

I know that for some people soda got them here, but I've never been I soda drinker. As far as the things listed above, I know for a fact it wasn't those beverages that had me carrying excess weight . . . and they certainly don't now.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Black coffee in the morning, water all day, tea before bed. If I have a drink it is usually vodka mixed with crystal light.