Am i the only one it pisses off

Options

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    OK LET ME STATE THIS AGAIN... PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU ALL GO OFF ON ANOTHER FREAKING TYRAID ON ME FOR STATING SOMETHING THAT I FIND TO BE ANNOYING

IF YOU ARE GOING SLOW BECAUSE OF AN INJURY, BECAUSE OF YOUR HEALTH BECAUSE OF AGE, ABILTY OR WHATEVER THAT IS FINE.................................I APPALAUD YOU AND THINK YOUR AMAZING FOR PUTTING THE EFFORT IN

IF YOU ARE AT THE F**^&*ING GYM TALKING TO SOMEONE ABOUT WHAT IS ON THE TV... GO HOME AND HAVE THAT CONVERSATION..

IF YOU ARE USING THE WEIGHT MACHINE AS YOUR SEAT(FOR TEN MINUTES) TO ARGUE WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND.. STEP OUT OF THE GYM

IF YOU ARE STANDING WITH ONE FOOT ON A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT WHILE CHATTING WITH YOUR FRIEND FOR 15 MINUTES AND NOT WORKING OUT.. STEP AWAY FROM THE MACHINE..

I WAS JUST POINTING THIS OUT BECAUSE I SEE PEOPLE PUTTING THERE PERSONAL 100% IN AND THIS PERSON IS STANDING THERE AND TAKING A MACHINE THAT THEY ARE NOT USING OR IF THEY ARE ON IT.. USING IT LIKE IT IS A PERSONAL TOY FOR AN HOUR....

SO BEFORE YOU GO OFF AND SAY I HAVE THIS OR THAT OR DONT LIKE TO SWEAT OR MY GRANDPA IS OLD OR WHATEVER.. PLEASE UNDERSTAND.. WHEN I SAY NOT GIVING IT THERE ALL AND WORKING OUT.. I MEAN PERSONAL ALL NOT SOCIETIES.... TRUST ME I DONT GO AS FAST AS THE PEOPLE AROUND ME BUT I AM GIVING IT MY 100% LIKE 90% OF THE PEOPLE IN THE GYM

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO GO TO THE GYM TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRROR AND HOPEFULY GET A GYM BUNNY OF THE OPPOSITE SEX TO HIT ON THEM.. OR TO TALK ON THERE CELL PHONES....

is that a little clearer now...

i know i put this here but i will make bets that the next people commenting wont read this and will still go off...

i put the wrong terms in my op...

i have now made the corrections so that it is clearer to people... but really how many will see it...

LOL I knew what you meant the first time:flowerforyou: Unfortunately some people need it spelled out for them or they will think the worst of you. I'm relatively new to forums and I'm finding this out the hard way lol.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    OK LET ME STATE THIS AGAIN... PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU ALL GO OFF ON ANOTHER FREAKING TYRAID ON ME FOR STATING SOMETHING THAT I FIND TO BE ANNOYING

IF YOU ARE GOING SLOW BECAUSE OF AN INJURY, BECAUSE OF YOUR HEALTH BECAUSE OF AGE, ABILTY OR WHATEVER THAT IS FINE.................................I APPALAUD YOU AND THINK YOUR AMAZING FOR PUTTING THE EFFORT IN

IF YOU ARE AT THE F**^&*ING GYM TALKING TO SOMEONE ABOUT WHAT IS ON THE TV... GO HOME AND HAVE THAT CONVERSATION..

IF YOU ARE USING THE WEIGHT MACHINE AS YOUR SEAT(FOR TEN MINUTES) TO ARGUE WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND.. STEP OUT OF THE GYM

IF YOU ARE STANDING WITH ONE FOOT ON A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT WHILE CHATTING WITH YOUR FRIEND FOR 15 MINUTES AND NOT WORKING OUT.. STEP AWAY FROM THE MACHINE..

I WAS JUST POINTING THIS OUT BECAUSE I SEE PEOPLE PUTTING THERE PERSONAL 100% IN AND THIS PERSON IS STANDING THERE AND TAKING A MACHINE THAT THEY ARE NOT USING OR IF THEY ARE ON IT.. USING IT LIKE IT IS A PERSONAL TOY FOR AN HOUR....

SO BEFORE YOU GO OFF AND SAY I HAVE THIS OR THAT OR DONT LIKE TO SWEAT OR MY GRANDPA IS OLD OR WHATEVER.. PLEASE UNDERSTAND.. WHEN I SAY NOT GIVING IT THERE ALL AND WORKING OUT.. I MEAN PERSONAL ALL NOT SOCIETIES.... TRUST ME I DONT GO AS FAST AS THE PEOPLE AROUND ME BUT I AM GIVING IT MY 100% LIKE 90% OF THE PEOPLE IN THE GYM

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO GO TO THE GYM TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRROR AND HOPEFULY GET A GYM BUNNY OF THE OPPOSITE SEX TO HIT ON THEM.. OR TO TALK ON THERE CELL PHONES....

i know i put this here but i will make bets that the next people commenting wont read this and will still go off...

i have now made the corrections so that it is clearer to people... but really how many will see it...

LOL I knew what you meant the first time:flowerforyou: Unfortunately some people need it spelled out for them or they will think the worst of you. I'm relatively new to forums and I'm finding this out the hard way lol.

funny cause about 6 people i know told me people were like this.. didnt think it was true.. but oh well.. i cant say how i feel all good.. whatever..
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Now see, this is far more helpful information than your original post. I agree that people who plant their butt on a machine and don't use it or treat the gym as a beauty pageant seriously need to reprioritize. Your original rant was people going slow, and in that case there is no room to judge.

As for myself, unless someone cut in front of me, I don't care what people do.

^^^^^Totally agree! On the first post pretty much all she said was " WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING"
    when you go into the gym and the piece of equipment you want to use is being used by someone who seems to be there just because it is the cool thing to do... nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it makes me insane... some days i want to grab them and tell them get offffffffffffffffffffff or work out... this isnt part of your probation.. if you dont want to work out and dont want to be here.. go home..

rant over...

thank you
  • annabelsmommy
    annabelsmommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How do you know that they can't do anymore? Some people have joint problems or heart problems and are there to help themselves. Maybe try to be a little more understanding that not everyone is as physically fit as you are.

I agree with this ~ I have rheumatoid arthritus and I've been working out really hard the past few months until recently because it's been effecting my body negatively so now I do a light work out but trying to do it more often, 5 days instead of 3 days a week. I have to keep moving to keep the arthritis from taking over my body, but pushing it too hard was causing more damage to my knee and elbow so I still sweat, but I'm not trying to burn 500 cals in 30 minutes anymore, I'm happy burning 280-300.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    How do you know that they can't do anymore? Some people have joint problems or heart problems and are there to help themselves. Maybe try to be a little more understanding that not everyone is as physically fit as you are.

I agree with this ~ I have rheumatoid arthritus and I've been working out really hard the past few months until recently because it's been effecting my body negatively so now I do a light work out but trying to do it more often, 5 days instead of 3 days a week. I have to keep moving to keep the arthritis from taking over my body, but pushing it too hard was causing more damage to my knee and elbow so I still sweat, but I'm not trying to burn 500 cals in 30 minutes anymore, I'm happy burning 280-300.

• dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I think the problem is that a lot of people are reading the first post and then replying to that without reading all the other replies including your responses to them. So there will still be people who missed it. Anyway I just copied it again for you :smile:
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The problem is that it is NOT what you said. What you said was
    "nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

You clearly said that the person IS working out, but too slow for your taste. Seems to me that your opinion changes according to what people say, so that you can defend yourself and not sound so vain!

Forgive me, but that's how I see it!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What about the women who come in with full make up and hair done perfectly and sit and talk on their cell phones while using a machine? It makes it go 5x longer and it's worse when there is only one of that machine and the place is busy!
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    All the previous copy & paste spam didnt help. All caps isnt going to help your cause
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    "nothing makes me more crazy then the people who hope on a machine at lowest level and just go on there like they are doing a casual walk around the mall.... WORK OUT SWEAT GET GOING.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

You clearly said that the person IS working out, but too slow for your taste. Seems to me that your opinion changes according to what people say, so that you can defend yourself and not sound so vain!

yepo and about 15 posts ago i stated i said it wrong while frustrated... i didnt explain myself properly... so i corrected it..

that is the beauty of being a human.. we misspeak and then correct things to explain it clearer when with a calmer head,...

sorry that you are never in that situation.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    No, you're not. I get pissed, but if that is how they want to work out, more power to them. I try not to waste my energy on things that are so mundane. I get more pissed at people on the weight machines who sit on them and not do anything. I understand resting for a few minutes, but they don't move for 15 minutes even when I have (politely) asked them if they are done yet. Believe me, the minute I get a house I am getting an elliptical machine and a set of weights and working out at home.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options

or perhaps she just wasn't careful enough about how she worded it?

Also, lets say she did change her opinion after reading the replies (as opposed to just not phrasing her opinion well at the start) - what on earth is wrong with that? It's called being open minded and responding to constructive criticism... if no-one ever did that no-one would learn anything....?
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out in the late 90's, there was this creepy older man who would be dressed in WORK attire - suit, tie, etc - that would just sit on a piece of equipment with sunglasses on and stare at the women. I couldn't believe the staff allowed this.

The other thing that annoys the heck out of me is BODY ODOR at the gym. I mean, REALLY??
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Exactly. What you're saying now is actually completely different than your original post.

First post - mad about people going slow, using machine on low level, & not sweating.

Post in CAPS LOCK - mad about people chatting on phones and/or sitting on machines having conversations and/or touching a machine without actually using it.

Completely different topics. Thanks for playing.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    All the previous copy & paste spam didnt help. All caps isnt going to help your cause.

that was after posting the same thing about 20 times...

maybe people will stop and actually see what i meant, and how i have corrected what i was trying to say and misspoke when making the post.

but this is a case of certain people on here just looking for a fight..

i have apologized for misspeaking. i have explained what i meant and yet here you are trying to create more drama..

but that is that. i am just not going to say another word about it.. cause no matter what i say and how many times i say it.. people are going to read what the want and get up about it when not getting the whole story that i corrected.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    What about the women who come in with full make up and hair done perfectly and sit and talk on their cell phones while using a machine? It makes it go 5x longer and it's worse when there is only one of that machine and the place is busy!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    while it may be upsetting to some if people seem like they are not really working out you never know what they are going through. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroid sometimes I am able to work out fairly hard and other times I am barely able to move, but as long as I am doing something it is better then sitting on my butt and this is how I have lost 102lbs,
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That doesn't bother me as much since, as others have stated, you never know where their health is. Even if they were not considered "Obese", they could have health problems that could prevent them from going any faster. At least they're doing something. :wink:

My issue is when I am on the weight machines. I do my weights as if it were a circuit, and go from one to the other, and HATE it when I've got my thing going on, and when I am ALMOST finished with the machine I am on (still have a few reps left) and someone gets on the one I wanted to do next and just SITS THERE!!! GUH I am usually a very patient person, but then I go to the next one (thinking they'll be finished when I get finished), and they are still sitting in the SAME position... Now that drives me bonkers. :noway:

My recommendation, always have a plan B,C, and D, for when that happens. :smile: You'll enjoy your gym-time a lot more.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    I read your original post and your follow up.
    I still think you're wrong.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    As a person who has worked out when they were in the third trimester, who has worked out after recovering from kidney stones and surgery and a person who has broken seven bones in one foot and sprained both of them if someone said something snarky to me about how slow I was working out at that time, I would probably let them have it. If someone pays for the gym its their right to workout the way that benefits them.