Disappointing foods?

Options

Replies

• kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    any of the prepacked prepared meals.. (weight watchers, etc).. i used to eat these and enjoy them.. now i cant even deal with the smell.. i prefer cooking my own foods now..

I can't even stand the smell of them now. Some of my office mates have them for lunch and I have to close more door. Gross!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    vegan hotdogs. omgosh no.:sick: I did not like them all, they made me want to cry when i ate them. The taste stayed with me way to long too. I had been wanting a hotdog so bad at the time and reviews said they were really good. Lies, all lies.

I agree. I have never felt so awful after eating something in my life!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Philadelphia cheese. To me it's like very low-grade chocolate and again, left a really nasty after taste and feel in my mouth.

Seconding that one. Not good. You just reminded me to chuck it out of the fridge!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Oh, and just a side rant for me. I'm so tired of seeing these "90 calorie brownie" posts! I get so excited, only to be let down. I can't say that I've ever made them, but I'll read the recipe, which is always involving applesauce or greek yogurt or something...but then find out the serving is like a 1" X 1" square. Really?!? I'm pretty sure I could make a NORMAL brownie, eat a 1 inch square and it wouldn't be any worse for me! haha!

I tried Fiber One's 90 calories brownies and they were AWFUL! It tasted like powdered chalk on the inside. And all that "bleached/enriched" flour...yuck!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I was super excited to try this Peanut Butter & Company dark chocolate mixed with peanut butter

have they changed the recipe or something? I thought it tasted just like a reeces pb cup. I love the stuff!
    My lunch at Wendy's was a complete let-down today... for a place I only go once a quarter or so, I was disappointed.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Almond butter. I love peanut butter and love almonds, so almond butter sounded like something I would love. But no, it's not horrible but peanut butter is so much better and less expensive. I gave the jar away and just stick to unground almonds now.

I was so excited to try almond butter too. YUCK did not like it.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Oh, and just a side rant for me. I'm so tired of seeing these "90 calorie brownie" posts! I get so excited, only to be let down. I can't say that I've ever made them, but I'll read the recipe, which is always involving applesauce or greek yogurt or something...but then find out the serving is like a 1" X 1" square. Really?!? I'm pretty sure I could make a NORMAL brownie, eat a 1 inch square and it wouldn't be any worse for me! haha!

I tried Fiber One's 90 calories brownies and they were AWFUL! It tasted like powdered chalk on the inside. And all that "bleached/enriched" flour...yuck!

Really? The chocolate peanut butter ones warmed up are amazing!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting at my desk laughing because I like all the things that most people on this thread hate... I'm a complete freak of nature & love tofu, shiritaki noodles, almond milk, almond butter, mango cream bars, brownies made w/ applesauce (though canned pumpkin tastes a wee bit better and is better on consistency too), Fiber One brownies.

I think I'm just an eating machine LOL

:drinker:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

Really? The chocolate peanut butter ones warmed up are amazing!

I didn't warm mine up since the microwave at work was on the fritz again. Maybe I should give them another shot someday.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Nutella! I love hazelnuts and chocolate, but this was just horrible. :noway:

I know that there are some Nutella lovers out there that may take offense to this, but it just wasn't for me. :ohwell:
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Peanut Spread. I was very excited to find a 0 calorie 0fat0carb0protein peanut butter... Unfortunately it tastes like some kind of cleaning product. All the other Walden Farm products have been amazing, but JUST SAY NO to the peanut spread.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Magnium ice cream bars....damn commerical looks amazing, bought the expensive crap in a box.....was not good
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was disappointed in greek yogurt. A lot of people on MFP seem to love it. Bleghhhhh! I do like the peanut butter and co chocolate peanut butter though. =)
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon..blechhhh!!!

Sunflower seed butter...disgusting.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being crucified: peanut butter. Don't get me wrong - I like the stuff but frankly I want a treat I prefer mine chocolatey - And in terms of protein? well all that fat for how much protein?
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Fast Food - every once in a while, I'll get a craving for some chicken from KFC or a burger. I make a point to fit it into my macros. But it NEVER lives up to my expectations and I just can't stand the taste of most fast food anymore.

Me too! I had Wendy's a couple of weeks ago (and it's been years since I've eaten from a fast food place) and it was disgusting. I had a chicken wrap with the baked potato and I could not have been more disappointed. Won't be doing that again!
  • chelelynn1972
    chelelynn1972 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Kale. Gahhh. It's like every health guru's Almighty and I HATE IT. I hate it plain. I hate it in salads. I hate it in smoothies (and I am a green smoothie pro). I hate it roasted. I hate it all! Lol. It tastes like... green, dirty, dirt.

I couldn't help but read your post in a Dr. Suess rythmic pattern :smile: but I've tried cooking with kale and have decided there are better options for me. And forget eating it raw in a salad, Yuk!

I'm not a big chocolate eater and get frustrated that so many low-cal treats and ready-to-eat protein snacks have chocolate in them. Some protein bars I've tried, in general, are totally gagtastic!
  • allnamesgone
    allnamesgone Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. And believe me, I've tried several and tried several ways to fix it up. It want to like it, I really do.

And green dirty dirt (kale). lol Can't even stand it in place of spinach in my smoothies. Bleh. I want to like it too.

But I'm jealous of all of you who say your taste buds change and you can get into junk anymore. Mine must be too old to change. I've found a lot of new healthy things I like (spinach in my smoothies, almond milk, broccoli, roasted vegetables) but my taste buds have no aversion to junk!
  • bethmillerwilson
    bethmillerwilson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Could that new coconut water BE any worse? Could only choke down 2 sips. NEVER AGAIN!
  • alana1966
    alana1966 Posts: 34
    Options
    Turkey bacon..blechhhh!!!

Sunflower seed butter...disgusting.

Daystarters turkey bacon is GOOD - other brands... ick...