Disappointing foods?

Options

Replies

• Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A MUCH BETTER OPTION IS JUSTIN'S CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT BUTTER BLEND, IT'S THEIR VERSION OF NUTELLA, AND CAN I ADD IS AMAZING!!!! I EAT IT WITH A SPOON, DON'T NEED TO PUT IT ON ANYTHING. BUT ON THE SUBJECT OF DISAPPOINTMENTS, I TRIED THAT ARTIC ZERO ICE CREAM (COFFEE FLAVOR) AND I WASN'T THRILLED, I HAD HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT, MAYBE IT WAS THE WRONG FLAVOR TO TRY?
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki Noodles - I didn't have any issues with a weird taste or smell like I've heard from some folks, but I just couldn't get over the texture. It was like chewing on overcooked squid.

Fast Food - every once in a while, I'll get a craving for some chicken from KFC or a burger. I make a point to fit it into my macros. But it NEVER lives up to my expectations and I just can't stand the taste of most fast food anymore.

Artic Ice - the super low-cal, high protein "ice cream" that I've heard raves about. Basically a frozen protein shake - and not a very good one. Weird texture, chalky taste. Ended up throwing about $40 worth of the stuff away because I couldn't stand it.

The same thing for me on the fast food. It just no longer does it for me and the last time it was actually tasted awful.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Yeah, I'm with the people on the shiritaki noodles, they're disgusting. Hungry Girl raves about them so I thought I'd give them a chance but .. nope.

Pretty much any form of soy or tofu, not only am I intolerant but it's disgusting as well.

Tried the coconut milk, that wasn't that great either. and coconut water is absolutely gross.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the White chocolate PB from that company, but yeah the reg chocolate one is not so good
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A MUCH BETTER OPTION IS JUSTIN'S CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT BUTTER BLEND, IT'S THEIR VERSION OF NUTELLA, AND CAN I ADD IS AMAZING!!!! I EAT IT WITH A SPOON, DON'T NEED TO PUT IT ON ANYTHING. BUT ON THE SUBJECT OF DISAPPOINTMENTS, I TRIED THAT ARTIC ZERO ICE CREAM (COFFEE FLAVOR) AND I WASN'T THRILLED, I HAD HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT, MAYBE IT WAS THE WRONG FLAVOR TO TRY?

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US????
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Chocolate Philadelphia cheese. To me it's like very low-grade chocolate and again, left a really nasty after taste and feel in my mouth.

I have not seen this, but it looks like something I would have been tempted to try!! Thanks for the warning!

I tried this before I decided to join MFP and eat better. To me it was heaven in a tub. Its not cream cheese. IT is like the inside of a chocolate truffle. It is dark chocolate yumminess.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Almond milk and ground turkey are probably most disappointing for me!
  • grapeeyes1
    Options
    Nutella. Had a boyfriend years back who was obsessed. I tried it and thought, "why the hell would anybody choose this over peanut butter?"

I love Nutella, until I look at the nutrition label!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Magnium ice cream bars....damn commerical looks amazing, bought the expensive crap in a box.....was not good

Thank you for posting that. I have been having to pry myself away from the ice cream case at the store to keep from buying some. Now I'll just tell myself that they taste like crap.

Mine seem to be already mentioned,
    Shiritaki noodles--disgusting. taste, texture, everything. horrible.
    Artic Ice--I read everyone on here raving about it, ran out and bought 3 pints, threw all of it away, including the huge bite I took that I spit into the garbage.
    Coconut water--a friend ages ago raved about it for post work-out. It tastes like someone squeezed out their sweat soaked gym shorts into a container. I would rather die of thirst.
    oh, and yeah, Nutella and Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut spread. So not good or worth the calories. I hate the gritty texture of Justin's. So disappointing. I really wanted it to be my new treat and it so isn't.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm very thankful Subway offers me some options..........so I do frequent Subway from time to time for my veggie delight subs/salads (heavy on the black olive), but adding falafel to my veggie delight salad made the salad taste like I added a bunch of turds wrapped in burnt hair. My brain for some strange reason didn't get the message right away, but when my eyes starting watering and I began to moan did I realize I wasn't going to be able to finish my meal. I'm extremely open minded with regards to food I am able to eat so I'm sure a different falafel scenario/experience would replace and improve the falafel experience I've had, but falafel from Subway = No Can Do.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This and SKinny Cow ...
    Magnium ice cream bars....damn commerical looks amazing, bought the expensive crap in a box.....was not good
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For some reason, when I first tried the dark chocolate dreams pb, I was expecting it to taste like nutella (even though that's made with hazelnuts) and was kind of disappointed too. I guess it's grown on me by now though, lol.
    Someone recommended that I try the organic butternut squash soup at Trader Joes. I was pretty excited, but ended up throwing the whole thing out before I even had two full sips. Guess I'm just not a butternut squash kind of person; I found the taste to be revolting.
    Also, I remember a long time ago I tried some Pure Protein bars. I wasn't even in a healthy-eating mindset back then, and forgot why I bought them. The taste of that protein blend.. ugh.. shudder. Horrible. May have been one of the worst things I've eaten. I swear I felt like I was choking down condensed animal fat that someone attempted to coat with a layer of artificial chocolate or something, lol. But apparently some people on MFP, now, enjoy them.
    Oh, this was also before I was in my healthy-eating mindset, but Fiber One brownies. I was really let down because it didn't taste like a brownie at all to me.. it tasted overly sweet and super artificial. Now I don't touch anything FIber One because I know it's a more "processed" brand. And those so-called "brownies" still give me nightmares xP
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The Reese's brand peanut butter was a huge letdown. I assumed it would be like a jar of what's in the peanut butter cups, but it just tasted like regular old peanut butter to me :(
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Gotta agree on the shiritaki noodles - it's like eating silk worms dipped in chemicals.

I also was so disappointed in the LightLife Vegetarian brand of frozen entrees and veggie burgers. Grosstastic. I LOVE their smart line - smart strips, smart grounds, etc. They are a staple in my house. So, with high hopes, I tried them. Barf fest 2000.

I also have to agree with another post on Nutella - that stuff is vile. Of course, I hate hazelnuts, but that stuff is so putred, I don't know why anyone likes it.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Coconut Milk. It was recommended for after I run, so I bought a case, not thinking to try ONE first before making such a large purchase.

YUCK. ... tasted like hot *kitten*. Really really really sweaty hot *kitten*. YUCK.

I laughed zo hard i had to get up and go to the bathroom.... :laugh: :laugh: :embarassed:
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Fat-free cottage cheese is just disgusting...it tastes like thickening agents or glue
    Walden farms 0 calorie salad dressings taste just like they claim...zero calories
  • BlueDahlia77
    Options
    Almond butter. I love peanut butter and love almonds, so almond butter sounded like something I would love. But no, it's not horrible but peanut butter is so much better and less expensive. I gave the jar away and just stick to unground almonds now.

I find your reaction to almond butter very interesting. I was wary of it at first, but when I tried it I thought it tasted almost exactly like peanut butter.
  • jennievh
    jennievh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella, until I look at the nutrition label!

Totally. Palm oil? It seemed like they said, "Hey, let's look at all the oils, and only pick the unhealthy ones. Check!"

I am loving this thread for the descriptions--

"green dirty dirt"
    "really really really sweaty hot *kitten*"
    "overcooked squid"

I bought the coconut water, 2 flavors, for my kid. He took one taste of the mango and poured it down the sink. I returned the other one (LOVE Trader Joe's! you can return ANYTHING!) without even looking back.

My disappointing food is donuts. I always think they'll taste better than they do. They smell good, but the taste just doesn't make the calories worth it.

And yet, I keep trying...
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Almond butter. I love peanut butter and love almonds, so almond butter sounded like something I would love. But no, it's not horrible but peanut butter is so much better and less expensive. I gave the jar away and just stick to unground almonds now.

I was terrinly disappointed by almond butter too
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

OMG Give them to me!!!! I Love these!!