• Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Starfruit

Looks amazing, tastes bad
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

Artic Ice - the super low-cal, high protein "ice cream" that I've heard raves about. Basically a frozen protein shake - and not a very good one. Weird texture, chalky taste. Ended up throwing about $40 worth of the stuff away because I couldn't stand it.

I totally agree, this stuff was nasty, saw it at the healthfood store, and it sounded amazing, ate like a few bites and threw it away. It was so gross.
  • Nyrissa
    Nyrissa Posts: 40
    Options
    Uggg, yes. I JUST finished eating some.

I finally broke down and bought the 'Kraft Milk Bites Peanut Butter Bars' cause they looked so tasty every week. And they taste pretty crappy. Dx

It tastes like super duper soggy cereal. ):
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Almond butter. I love peanut butter and love almonds, so almond butter sounded like something I would love. But no, it's not horrible but peanut butter is so much better and less expensive. I gave the jar away and just stick to unground almonds now.

This, I was really disappointed with the almond butter. I did use it in a protein ball/bar mixture the other day and they turned out really well. I'll use it for that again in the future, but just straight with apples or carrots, egh.

Some almond butter is better than others. The first time I tried almond butter I was in love. I bought a different brand the next time and.... egh....

Justin's was the brand that tasted so good to me. I'll only buy that one from now on.

Justin's is definitely the best, I like it much better than PB. It's a milder flavor.
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    Chocolate Philadelphia cheese. To me it's like very low-grade chocolate and again, left a really nasty after taste and feel in my mouth.

I have not seen this, but it looks like something I would have been tempted to try!! Thanks for the warning!

I tried this before I decided to join MFP and eat better. To me it was heaven in a tub. Its not cream cheese. IT is like the inside of a chocolate truffle. It is dark chocolate yumminess.

Maybe you should try it, then - looks like me and Suffolk Sally are in the minority!

It's quite unusual for me to find a food I don't like. I really am an eating machine!
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Cliff Bars!

Tried my first one today.... everybody says they are soooooo awesome. I had the chocolate chip version.... it tastes like nature chew! What chocolate chips? Maybe literally a single chocolate chip? 10g of protein per bar but 250 calories.

I like pure protein bars.... they don't taste great but not horrible & you get 20 or 21g protein & only 160 calories!
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    :sick: Any and ALL Walden Farms dressings, ranch veggie dip......good grief!! :embarassed:

Their nacho cheese was so so very bad......I'm gettin' nauseas just thinking about it.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I tried to make the diet coke cake back when it was all the rage. Should have known better.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Luna White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut bar - smells and tastes like old cooking oil. Yuk! ::Spit spit::

Seriously! Why are they always rancid?? Blech!
  • dbez
    dbez Posts: 1
    Options
    I generally like the healthy stuff (kale, greek yogurt etc.) and I kept hearing how delicious and creamy almond milk was so I gave it a whirl. The stuff I tried tasted like the rejects of a chemical waste factory... ugh.

And in terms of tastes changing, I cannot stomach granola bars anymore. I've been making my own the last year or so and now the store bought stuff is somehow this impossible combination of bland and overly sweet.
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

My disappointing food is donuts. I always think they'll taste better than they do. They smell good, but the taste just doesn't make the calories worth it.

And yet, I keep trying...

That is exactly how I feel about donuts too!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt. Yuk. I love the fruit flavors of Chobani, but they have a ton of added sugar :-(
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Avocado. Everyone was singing its praises as being tasty and full of good fats. Good fats, yes, tasty? I'd rather chew on a dirty sock.

*Edited for typo.
  • melanielynn123
    Options
    Fat free shredded cheese.:ohwell:

It was rubbery and while it looked like cheese - it did not taste like cheese.

Now, I get the 2% milk version and work it into my calorie allowances for the day.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Philadelphia cheese. To me it's like very low-grade chocolate and again, left a really nasty after taste and feel in my mouth.

Yes, this!!

Chocolate Philly has the potential to be ungodly good..and it sucked :(
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    non fat greek yogurt......or for that matter any kind of greek yogurt.......
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    Almond butter. I love peanut butter and love almonds, so almond butter sounded like something I would love. But no, it's not horrible but peanut butter is so much better and less expensive. I gave the jar away and just stick to unground almonds now.

This, I was really disappointed with the almond butter. I did use it in a protein ball/bar mixture the other day and they turned out really well. I'll use it for that again in the future, but just straight with apples or carrots, egh.

i take a scoop of gourmet elite whey and casein chocolate peanut butter protein powder , add almond butter and ice ,water and i drink away..also like almond butter and all fruit jam on sandwich or bagel thins .. eating it by itself isnt very enjoyable though
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms Peanut Spread. I was very excited to find a 0 calorie 0fat0carb0protein peanut butter... Unfortunately it tastes like some kind of cleaning product. All the other Walden Farm products have been amazing, but JUST SAY NO to the peanut spread.

Walden Farms' Caesar dressing also sucks. It's disgustingly sweet. I was soooo disappointed :(
  • jenevans00
    jenevans00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki Noodles - I didn't have any issues with a weird taste or smell like I've heard from some folks, but I just couldn't get over the texture. It was like chewing on overcooked squid.

OMG so disgusting!!!!!!! I took one bite and spit it out. So grrroooooossssssss!!!!!
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mango....it smells so delicious, it has lots of nutritional value, I was so excited to try it....

and it sucked. A little of me died that day...