What was the most weight you lost in 1 week?

Replies

• TiffanyDeanee
    TiffanyDeanee Posts: 158
    2 pounds.

^^ this.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    My first or second week I lost 9lbs but I was pretty obese so that's not that uncommon the first couple weeks if you really stick to the goal of 2lbs a week loss. In the end it has still evened out to about 1.5lbs a week.

I also did start drinking just water. So of course there was water weight, but it doesn't matter in the end. It is motivating early on though to see a "big" loss and keep plugging along.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    11 I think was my most... It was the second week of this new lifestyle after a week of detoxiing
  • hellokittylove
    hellokittylove Posts: 15 Member
    10 pounds.. And I was at the gym for hours & kind of sick. I was losing weight like I was getting paid for it!
  • ginamaria724
    ginamaria724 Posts: 133
    About 8 pounds. Oh how I wish I could make that happen at least one more time, then I'd be at my goal weight. But nope, it'll probably take another month or two for that to happen :l
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    9lbs. Im sure it was water weight, but hell, it was still awesome!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    7 1/2 think. I had taken several rest days beforehand since I was trying to get some sedentary work done so all the water weight got peed out before my weigh day. I've only managed that number twice thus far because I tend to not rest as much as I should or I ate something way salty.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    11 pounds.. but i was sick that week.. :( and had basically stopped eating.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    3lbs
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    4 pounds
  • Antjebeth08
    Antjebeth08 Posts: 42 Member
    10.5 lbs but I was sick and was unable to eat for like 3 whole days. It sucked.
  • theeoddone
    theeoddone Posts: 1
    20 lbs in one week....it was the first time my family decided to all go on a diet together and my parents chose the atkins diet, i was also very over weight for my age so I had a lot of weight to drop fast, I also got really sick by week two and they had to take me off the diet.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    27 but that's when I gave birth :p but really.. 2 :)
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    I lost 17 pounds in 24 hours about one week post partum after my first daughter due to pre eclampsia, I was so bloated with water.

Besides that.....

7 pounds first week of a weight loss program.
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    I lost 35# in a month, 15 the first week +... 17 years ago :)
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    My sister had a baby and lost 25 lbs in ONE DAY....:wink:

Either way, most of these "big losses" can be attributed to water weight and aren't true fat losses, so it doesn't seem like much to brag about...:huh:

1 lb = 3500 cals
    2 lbs = 7000 cals
    3 lbs = 10500 cals
    4 lbs = 14000 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals

Even if most people ate NOTHING for 7 days, they would have a hard time losing 5 lbs in one week because your body JUST DOESN'T burn that much. As you can see, it is really impossible to lose large amounts of true weight in a short amount of time.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of it is all water weight, kiddos.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    5 lbs in 24 hours but I had food poisoning.

Oy, I lost 12 pounds in a day because of food poisoning. :( Otherwise under normal circumstances, it'd be 4 or 5 pounds in a week every once in a while.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    4lbs
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    My sister had a baby and lost 25 lbs in ONE DAY....:wink:

Either way, most of these "big losses" can be attributed to water weight and aren't true fat losses, so it doesn't seem like much to brag about...:huh:

1 lb = 3500 cals
    2 lbs = 7000 cals
    3 lbs = 10500 cals
    4 lbs = 14000 cals
    5 lbs = 17500 cals

Even if most people ate NOTHING for 7 days, they would have a hard time losing 5 lbs in one week because your body JUST DOESN'T burn that much. As you can see, it is really impossible to lose large amounts of true weight in a short amount of time.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of it is all water weight, kiddos.

I didn't mean to post this ..this is not mine..I was going to call this author a BUZZ KILL
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    10 last September by cutting carbs and lowering calories to fit into my bridesmaid dress (post-alteration). You'd better believe I gained it back weeks later after I went back to normal eating. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!