Over 200 Club Back to School (open group)

Options

Replies

• lizzyksm
    Options
    I'm under my calories I still need to exercise. I think I'll have the rest of my water during/after my workout :D
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have a gym membership, but recently, my car was totaled (no one was hurt). So there's no way to get to the gym. So my weight loss has been a little slower than I expected. Until I decide on what kind of new car I want, I have been using the Wii for my workouts. I got the Wii Fit Plus the other day and I love it. So far so good. I'm currently down a total of 15 lbs. This is the point of no return (hopefully) LOL Yippe!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Another bad eating day yesterday:angry: ... it's so hard to not be getting any exercise and to be home (with free access to the fridge). I didn't do great with water either, will try harder today. I'm back at work, still coughing but much better. It feels so good to be out of the house! I really wanted to go to my step class this morning, was all packed and ready ... but my husband convinced me that I shouldn't go because I coughed a lot during the night. So I need to really work hard on good food choices today if I won't be getting much exercise in again.
    I'm paying for my bad food choices yesterday, I think I food poisoned myself ... bad cramps and diarrhea, and headache. I'm guessing it was either the cinnamon butter braid that I made yesteday - (that had been in the freezer for over a year, and I melted plastic wrap on top of it by accident when I cooked it) :ohwell: ... or it was the smoked salmon (home caught and smoked by my sister-in-law in Alaska). I really hate to throw the salmon dip I made away ... but I know that is the likely culprit if I have food poisoning... and it's not exactly low-cal either.
    I probably should have stayed home again since my stomach is so unhappy, but it seems to be getting better... and I've missed too much work in the last month and a half, and really wanted to be around people!
    Have a good day everyone! :smile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    lstpaul, so sorry to hear that you are feeling not so good. I know you can get back on track. No doubt!!!

mscocoa, good job on the weight you have lost. This is the point of no return. We are just going to keep moving forward. Sorry about your car.

Okay, Girls have a wonderful day.... Lose weight and drink that water. :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I burnt 617 calories this morning and I feel alot better today.
  • lizzyksm
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have a gym membership, but recently, my car was totaled (no one was hurt). So there's no way to get to the gym. So my weight loss has been a little slower than I expected. Until I decide on what kind of new car I want, I have been using the Wii for my workouts. I got the Wii Fit Plus the other day and I love it. So far so good. I'm currently down a total of 15 lbs. This is the point of no return (hopefully) LOL Yippe!

No turning back!!!! :)
  • lizzyksm
    Options
    I went jogging last night...yes jogging. I definitely did some fast walking too but I was never able to jog before. I'm super excited.

Yesterday I had all my water ^-^ Yay! I need to keep drinking water :drinker: :drinker: I think is going to make a big dif...
  • awestfall
    Options
    Great Job Keep up the hard work Lizzy.That is definitely something to be proud of .
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I went jogging last night...yes jogging. I definitely did some fast walking too but I was never able to jog before. I'm super excited.

Yesterday I had all my water ^-^ Yay! I need to keep drinking water :drinker: :drinker: I think is going to make a big dif...

I did some jogging every day for a week in August when I was on vacation ... it was the greatest feeling! But it was hard on my knees - I figured I probably need to lose more weight before I try again ... but hopefully that will be soon! Good for you! :drinker:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi I am interest in joining this group to help keep me focused and motivaed. My goal is to lose 1 to 1.5 pounds a week and with being over 200 pounds my goal wait is many days, weeks, months, even over a year away. That is huge for me to keep perspective:noway: My first goal is to make 199. Small gaols seem more atainable than the one BIG chunk. I haven't been under 200 pounds for about 15 years. This is a big to step to admit that!:embarassed:
    The daily food diary has be great in helping me keepin it real. Portions are my weekness but I am getting better educated. I can say that I do love my water. Looking forward to future support.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi I am interest in joining this group to help keep me focused and motivaed. My goal is to lose 1 to 1.5 pounds a week and with being over 200 pounds my goal wait is many days, weeks, months, even over a year away. That is huge for me to keep perspective:noway: My first goal is to make 199. Small gaols seem more atainable than the one BIG chunk. I haven't been under 200 pounds for about 15 years. This is a big to step to admit that!:embarassed:
    The daily food diary has be great in helping me keepin it real. Portions are my weekness but I am getting better educated. I can say that I do love my water. Looking forward to future support.

Welcome snowflakes, I think having others to share a common goal with helps keep you focused. No one understands what it is like to be over 200 pounds unless they are in that situation. I too and most of us on this post will be doing this for at least one year. I think the secret to success is logging our food, exercising and encouraging each other. I also think small goals help with the success. You do not have to wait sooooo long to meet a goal. My first real goal was to hit 30 pounds because I had never lost that much before. My new goal is to reach 40 pounds lost, then 50,60,70, and so on. I am really glad you are here. and I am fully confident that you can do this:flowerforyou:
  • Momma2four
    Options

WootWoot, yay you go you jogger!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Momma2four
    Options

You are a machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • awestfall
    Options

You are a machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
    Lol Thanks Momma I am really pumped now that my monthly has finally passed.I think I need to work on better ways to stay motivated during my time of the month.Welcome all you newcomers this group is awesome.You all will definitely have much success being in this group.Momma I burnt an extra 200 cals just a few minutes ago doing interval training for 15 minutes.I am hoping for a loss this week but the scales will tell all tomorrow.:flowerforyou: Good Luck everyone.I :heart: Each and everyone of you for keeping me focused and helping me reach my goals.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to do, lately i have been working out on my days off...but lately i want to relax on my days off
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I don't know what to do, lately i have been working out on my days off...but lately i want to relax on my days off

If you are only off 2 days a week that is not a big deal. I do very little exercise on my weekends. I do not think we have to work out 6-7 days a week.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is ready for weigh-in tomorrow!

I've had a crazy week with work (I've worked at least 13 hours every day this week so far :yawn: ). I've really had no time to work out at all. On the road for work all day (7.30am-10.30pm) monday; managed to squeeze in a mile walk on my lunch break tuesday & gave myself a huge blister by wearing the wrong shoes with no socks on the walk so I couldn't walk on my lunch break wednesday. Then today, I was on the road again from 7.30am-7.30pm. BUT, I came home and put in 30 minutes on my bike and did 30 Day Shred Level 1 which still kicks my butt. I burned over 700 calories so I feel a little better about the week now. I haven't been going over my calories much if at all this week, but I haven't been eating as well as usual since I've been traveling. I wore some pants I had to stop wearing about 2 months ago because they were so tight and I was really swimming in them today. It's kind of hard to believe I've really come this far in just 1 month (today's my 1 month MFP anniversary :smile: )!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    congratulations jlb123, I am really proud of you. It feels so good to be swimming in your pants:laugh:

I have lost .4 pounds this week.:frown: that is .15%, at least it went down
  • awestfall
    Options
    No loss this week but no gain either. So I am happy with that !!! Good luck everyone else
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Well, I have absolutely no idea how but I lost 3 pounds this week! I guess less exercise and eating out every day works well for me. :tongue: Now, I'm not complaining at all, but seriously, I ate like 1700 calories Sunday because my bf and I went to our fav. Mexican restaurant (yay sodium!), then I ate at Subway on the road for work on Monday, I had 2 slices of pizza on both Tuesday & Wednesday, and I had Thai food yesterday. I only had time to exercise Friday-Sunday & last night. And although I stayed around 1200-1300 calories each day other than Sunday, I'm still really shocked I lost anything, especially 3 pounds.

SW 270/GW150/CW 253.2 = -1.2%

Only 3.2 pounds until I meet my Halloween goal. :drinker: